+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Team Number One"/Even Numbered Leg Curse

FORT Newbie

The "Team Number One"/Even Numbered Leg Curse

I've noticed a pattern so far with regards to Philimination.

1) Of the 4 teams have been philiminated so far, 2 of them (Amanda and Chris, Steve and Josh) went from first to last within one leg.

2) Amanda and Chris were philiminated at the end of the 2nd leg of the race, Steve and Josh at the end of the 4th.

On second thoughts, maybe I'm just being over-sensitive.

--meclone2--

I always think it's neat to otice stuff like that... probably doesn't mean anything, but it's neat to know
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well it doesn't mean anything in particular, it's not like anyone can sabatoge the race or something.

The fast forward, because of all the bunching, should be used to save your ass. Monica and Sheree didn't know because it was the first leg, but because of the bunching it only will eventually affet one leg. No first place team will keep their lead this season, using the fast forward or not.

Monica & Sheree certainly could have known. All they had to do was watch the previous 3 TARs. The FF rarely gives you a significant lead.

And this is not something that has recently changed. In TAR1, Episode 1--the very first leg ever in TAR history--Rob & Brennan used the FF. They ended up finishing that leg a whopping 14 minutes ahead of 2nd place, and 42 minutes ahead of 3rd place. Now, who knows what they knew since that was TAR1. But, they were in the lead pack. They said they thought it might catapult them into a lead they could keep. Kind of risky given they had almost no chance of being eliminated unless they just went driving aimlessly into Africa somewhere, but it ended up not mattering to them as they won TAR1. Maybe having used it up, it kept them on their toes the rest of the race, giving them the edge they needed to win??? Who knows?

Similarly M&S this year really should not have used it. They were in the middle pack, knowing they had a full 2 hour lead on the trailing bus. Seemed odd to me to use it.

And that is a pretty daring statement to make that in TAR4 no first place team will maintain their lead, with or without a FF. If you mean no team will get to first and stay there until the end, then I would tend to agree. That has never really happened, although a few teams in the past have managed to get very near the top and remain there each and every episode. But if you mean no two back-to-back 1st place finishes, then I would say it could go either way. I believe each previous race there has been some back-to-back 1st place finishes, but they do not occur regularly. So, I would say TAR4 would be about the same. Wouldn't be surprised either way.

I did mean more of the without the FF.

It's certainly possibly to finish 1st twice in a row, but it won't have anything to do with anything the Fast Forward gave you, is what I'm saying.

FORT Fogey
    Who was it that took the Fast Forward and still placed last one season? I remember it was a team I didn't like and I found it hilarious, but I cannot recollect who it was...

By the way, Rob and Brennan were able to win AR1 by using the Fast Forward in leg one because there wasn't much bunching. It was designed so they could keep their lead.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    Who was it that took the Fast Forward and still placed last one season? I remember it was a team I didn't like and I found it hilarious, but I cannot recollect who it was...
    That was Dennis and Andrew from TAR 3. They were just too far behind that even the FF didn't save them from Philimination.

The Guidos from TAR, uh, 2? also used the FF and came in last, but Momily were penalized for not following a clue's rules, and the penalty overcame the Guidos time, saving them for another episode.

FORT Fogey
    I thought it was the Guidos, but I was thinking I must have been wrong, because they stayed longer. Now I remember.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast