+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Least Favorite Team?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaRHR
    Actually, it sounds more to me that he has a problem with them saying that people don't like them because they're gay, when it probably has much more to do with their personalities. I could be misunderstanding him, though...
    :stupid

People should be able to say negative things about Reichen and Chip without being accused of being homophobic or disliking gay people generally. Being gay should not shelter you from being called on bad acts when you act bad. That itself would be discriminatory in my opinion. Call it as you see it with as little positive or negative bias as possible.

Moreover, I expect people that even like contestants to call their fave contestant on bad or dumb behavior. I thought the clowns (my fave) made a dumb move by choosing duds (especially when they had no problem with the poo).

I've been bad and I've been dumb, and I call myself on it at times. That doesn't mean I am biased against myself or dislike myself.

People should be able to say negative things about Reichen and Chip without being accused of being homophobic or disliking gay people generally. Being gay should not shelter you from being called on bad acts when you act bad. That itself would be discriminatory in my opinion. Call it as you see it with as little positive or negative bias as possible.

I didn't like them a whole lot at certain points early on in the race, but I have come to enjoy them.
    As I siad in the show thread for this weeks episode, the fact that Reichen appears to be finding Jon's name calling of Millie so amusing disappoints me.
    I find that behaviour most juvenile from Jon and Kelly, who are my least favourite team.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM
    Sounds like you have something against gay people.
    It's stuff like this that gets so annoying. Don't like someone who's black? You must be racist. Don't like someone who's gay? You must be homophobic. Don't like someone of Arab descent? Ugh must be racist again. It happens all the time.

It's very frustraiting. Reichen and Chip are my least favorite team too, but that's because they've been obnoxious, arrogant punks. While yes the fact that they think everyone cares wheather they are gay or not annoys me too, just because someone has a problem with say a gay person/duo doesn't mean they are homophobic. I didn't like Monica and Sheree to much either, doesn't mean I'm racist. My second least favorite team is David and Jeff, the All-American guys, so there ya go.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    It's stuff like this that gets so annoying. Don't like someone who's black? You must be racist. Don't like someone who's gay? You must be homophobic. Don't like someone of Arab descent? Ugh must be racist again. It happens all the time.

It's very frustraiting. Reichen and Chip are my least favorite team too, but that's because they've been obnoxious, arrogant punks. While yes the fact that they think everyone cares wheather they are gay or not annoys me too, just because someone has a problem with say a gay person/duo doesn't mean they are homophobic. I didn't like Monica and Sheree to much either, doesn't mean I'm racist. My second least favorite team is David and Jeff, the All-American guys, so there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying
    While yes the fact that they think everyone cares wheather they are gay or not annoys me too ...
    I'm just curious, I'm not starting an argument here... On which particular episode/event are you basing this observation? Did they particularly say that the other teams cared whether they're gay or not?
    Last edited by bigbadmatt; 07-09-2003 at 06:21 PM.

Because part of their whole arc is really about coming out. I believe they said things about this in the first episode.

Ok. My take on this is that Reichen and Chip were just reacting to how the other teams were treating them in the first place. I don't think they would have done the things people found obnoxious or arrogant if they hadn't been treated poorly by some of the teams i.e. S&J buying tickets for the BFG's etc. Even one of the BFG's (Dave) admitted this in an interview that they planned on keeping R&C off the plane and ended up even screwing M&S in the process.

Oh, I think that's just utter you know what (R&C's excuse). Just wish they'd stop putting on the "oh we're so abused" mask and just admit they race like punks.

FORT Newbie
    Heh, and R&C's reaction to getting shafted out of buying the tickets in the first episode was to hold the doors at the train station in Vienna. Prompted or not that's just plain petty and stupid, and goes towards showing how strong they really are...

Be that as it may, the fact that they have outlasted the teams that they had the most friction with goes to show how strong they really are. They may have made some mistakes but at least they knew well enough to regroup and recover from them.

+ Reply to Thread