+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Ugh - I hate it when the holier-the-thou team wins...
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Brenchel put the baby on hold!!!!!

And I guess somebody else won or something... but the main thing is:

Brenchel put the baby on hold!!!!

They will never have a baby until someone offers them a reality show to cover the whole pregnancy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Has Copperfield aged at all? Damn.
    He's like Dick Clark.
    CupidGuest likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

So...if Rachel doesn't win the million, they won't procreate?

We can only hope
    sunshine3331 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

What an exciting finale! I did not like not even having a clue who was landing first until they hit the ground. Good work camera folks. At first I was convinced it was the country girl because I thought I heard female screaming. So relieved it was Dave.

Congrats to Dave and Connor for a great race!

I know exactly how Rachel feels, because I have never wanted a certain outcome so bad! I wanted it more than anything in the world. /sarcasm

Must have killed the Brenchels to come in 3rd behind a team who survived 2 NEL's and had so much help to get where they ended up. That's gotta sting reallll bad. Yet, I am thrilled!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Dave & Connor win!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can watch it without stress...well once they are done putting in the lightbulbs. I am completely freaked out by heights. ;D
    redsox girl likes this.

I'm glad Dave and Connor won because I feel that, of the final 3, they were truly the strongest team (childish whining aside).

I may be in the minority here, but this finale was completely underwhelming for me. I hated the giant David Copperfield commercial and the faux life-in-danger challenge. It seemed so gimmicky and un-Amazing Race-ish. The focus should have been completely on the teams, not on a Vegas showman, and the challenge should have been a difficult one.

I did like the lightbulb challenge, as well as the suspense of not being positive who the first skydiver was, but everything seemed so rushed. Worst of all, I hate that they did away with the memory challenge. When it is a good one, it brings a lot of real tension (not the manufactured tension of a bad magic trick) to the competition, and always feels like it ties things up nicely. I like looking back at all the places they traveled to. They could have done that type of challenge easily and still finished off with the skydiving.

Oh, well. The good news is that we don't have to see the obnoxious green-sequined B&R anymore and hear that freakish wailing about producing a baby (at least not until the next reality show they glom onto).

It's been great sharing the ups and downs of this season with everyone here. Adios pardners, until next season.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They will never have a baby until someone offers them a reality show to cover the whole pregnancy.
    Please no! If she behaves this way when losing a race, can you imagine watching her in labor? I cringe at the prospect of ever seeing her on my tv again at all, but in labor?????
    spockwhat likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree about the memory challenge....I did miss that. I loved the ending, except that I do like it when the teams are running breathlessly to the mat, while everyone is clapping and not knowing if they are 1st or 2nd. I think BOTH team members should have done the skydive, then it would've been a surprise to all the teams waiting as well as the ones falling as to what place they were in.
    mushybrain and Midol like this.

I thought it was a 2 hour final, so I was surprised when it was ending already. I agree that it would have been nice to have a memory challenge.

I was happy to see Dave and Connor win. They're the local team, after all. I was surprised that Brenchel fell so far behind. It was night by the time they did the skydive, and it wasn't even close to night when the others got there. They must have spent a long time in the hotel.

I find it interesting that when Brendan makes a mistake (saying that they need to look in the hotel rather than looking for the clue box by the back door), it's the two of them that made an error, but when Rachel makes the mistake, it's all on her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread