+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE View Post
    I thought I was the only one rooting for Brenchel...I understand all the things about them that annoy people....BUT....they've played the game pretty damn well! Perfect example was the boot toss. Yeah yeah, they made a careless mistake reading the clue ( something NO OTHER team has EVER done, right?). And only Rachel isn't allowed to have a meltdown. Exhausted, frustrated, angry, disappointed...yet thet threw themselves back into the challenge and prevailed. And they've shown this grit and determination the entire race. I'd like someone to give me some examples of when they've been overtly mean. Frankly, I find it 10x more crappy that the girls are still in it. Brenchel FTW!
    I never thought I'd be rooting for Brenchel, but that's what is happening! As self absorbed as Rachel is, we've been shown a couple of instances where her caring nature came out. Clear back at the start of the race when they told about Bopper and Mark's team being split up, Rachel came running over to them - very sympathetic. Also, when Luke was having his meltdown, Rachel was quite encouraging to him. Margie talked about it. Oh, and when Brandon was feeling a little down near the beginning of the race she was encouraging to him as well. I think we saw that from her on BB as well, when Jordan was sad, and Rachel comforted her. It's almost like Rachel allows herself to being overly dramatic about everything - good and bad- as long as someone else doesn't have a legitimate reason for it. She likes all the attention on her, unless somebody else needs it.

They are uber competitive for sure, but at least they haven't been practically carried to the end.

I really don't want the country singers to win, but maybe that would be a lesson to future racers not to help other teams so much. Even the cowboys last week told them exactly where to find the cluebox in the gardens. Finding that clue slowed the cowboys down. They had a whole other detour task to do, so they probably would still have been out, but who knows?
    GabbyG, Moontat and sparklete like this.

A few points:

1. I don't feel Connor was "entitled" when he asked who would ask folks to learn Welsh in 20 mins. He was - just like Rachel and her crying fit yesterday, was expressing his frustration and exhaustion. I can't fault any of them for any moment of frustration, anger or whatnot. I do think Rachel may have carried on a bit too much about it, but still, given how many time changes they've been on and a few cases where the sun being around for 24 hours would mess up anyone's mind. (I saw the effects of changing 3 time zones in three days on a cast of a movie who came to do a Q&A after the showing - that was bad enough).

2. I *DO* wish that the Afghanimals were going to the finale over Brendan and Rachel if not the country singers. Not only do I think they raced overall better, but I don't want to see a couple who had one win under their belt (Rachel's Big Brother win) AND got a free (well mostly free - they did have to pay the taxes, which would be less than the wedding itself) wedding produced by David Tutera win more money.

Yep, you heard me right - Tutera bless his heart had to do an episode on his Wedding Show for them, and he deserved double pay for it (doubt he got it but you watch it you'll see why. )

3. In regard to 2. - I think that Leo and Jamal regret not U-Turning Brenchel, because while Jet and Cord may have beaten them in this leg of the race, I think the Afghanimals TRULY respected the Cowboys' gameplay and strength. I understand WHY they chose to U-Turn the cowboys, but I think it was a mistake when they are habitually lucky.

4. If Dave and Connor don't win this whole thing, at least they will have a good amount of trips and cars they could trade the cash option for and use in the future. Even with their quarrels about some things (i.e. the U-Turn), I like the fact they're racing for each other.

As far as who wins, I honestly would prefer it to turn out like it did this leg. I think out of the three Dave and Connor have had the best race of the season and yes while griping about a few things, still did what they had to and pushed themselves further in the race.

And I maintain the winners last season need to be happy Dave and Connor had to pull out of the race now given how well they've played this season.
    redsox girl and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Not much to add, since I'm late to the party. I think I said earlier but I really liked the "Country Girls" their 1st season. This time, not so much. Don't remember them looking so much to others for help, maybe I'm not remembering correctly. The beginning of this episode, when one of them talked about how "mean" the soccer goalie guys were, I said to myself, I guess they're not going to help them. But...they did. Seemed very schitzy, what attempts got through and which ones did not. Ah, well. I don't hate them and they've had their moments, for sure. Pretty much ok with whoever wins, although I'd have liked the Afghanimals to be in the finals. I think they're the only team I liked more than their first go around.
    I liked them ( the blondes) the last time , I really did. This time, lordy they are annoying. This whoa is me we need help, doesn't sit well with me. But they have needed help and they have also been lucky because they are useless at directions and yet they poke fun of Brenchal who haven't needed any help
    Punkin, GabbyG, teatime and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    Regarding #1, after watching her on Big Brother I would say calling her annoying is being kind. I would agree she seems to have matured some, but when Rachel is on top she tends to gloat and bully. When she is not on top she tends to melt down and needs help and decries that "it's not fair." It is not an attractive way to live life, and how Brenden puts up with it I don't know. Regarding #2, maybe they decided it was Rachel's sole responsibility to read the clues, but for Brenden to say "you" screwed up should be a clue to Rachel about the relationship. They are running this as a team and for Brenden to put all the responsibility for misreading a clue on Rachel is, to me, very telling about his attitude toward her and their overall relationship (parent-child anyone?).
    Yeah. That whole dynamic with Brendan and Rachel around messing up the clue was interesting. He kept telling her to let it go and then bringing it up again himself, so he clearly wasn't ready to let it go, and I'm sure that she knows him well enough to know that he wouldn't, which was part of why she was so freaked out in the first place (that, and she was probably exhausted).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Did anyone else think the initial clue was like ridiculously long?

- Travel to the train station.
    - Take the train to Madrid.
    - Take the plane to London.
    - Find your car.
    - Take the car to Liverpool.
    - Find the football stadium.
    - Dress up as football players.
    - Score 2 goals each.

Usually you get a new clue or two along the line. Now they're traveling to the other end of the continent AND perform a challenge off a single clue.

Rachel really was a crybaby. I don't like her one single bit. If it was a show (which I don't believe), then I'd like her even less for it! This whole "We're entitled to this as professional Reality TV Contestants." nonsense doesn't sit at all well with me. Be happy you got to be in one Reality TV show like everyone else would have been, rather than calling your job to be doing stuff others could only dream off. Rachel is full of crap, and it's bordering the heck out of me, but not nearly as much as her grumpy and rude attitude when she's on top, and her whiny attitude when she's not. And, no, that's not because she's competitive. Being competitive doesn't mean you're automatically rude when you're winning or whining when you're losing.

I was really hoping that size 10 mistake would've cost them the race, especially since I really enjoyed the Afghanimals. They might be a tad obnoxious, though much less so than last season, they are actually taking joy in the race and were a pleasure to watch, rather than the rude crybaby who can only yell how fantastic her husband is and how much she actually needs 1 million dollars to raise a child... I really, really hope they don't win, if only so that less of her genes would be passed on.
    AZChristian and Jaceegirl like this.

Rachel really was a crybaby

I thought she really kicked well. Connor OTOH didn't even kick like a girl

Afghanimals should never have U turned the cowboys, the cowboys should have won
    Moontat, Photobabe and sparklete like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

There's no telling if U-Turning Brenchel instead of the Cowboys would've paid off better or if they'd still be eliminated. Even if it would've paid off better, there's no way they could've known back then. There's a good chance the Cowboys would've not made the same mistake as Brenchel (though I imagine they would've gone shooting), and then the Afghanimals would've had even more of a gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    There's no telling if U-Turning Brenchel instead of the Cowboys would've paid off better or if they'd still be eliminated. Even if it would've paid off better, there's no way they could've known back then. There's a good chance the Cowboys would've not made the same mistake as Brenchel (though I imagine they would've gone shooting), and then the Afghanimals would've had even more of a gap.
    Well, I will disagree and say Karma sent the Afghanimals home
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

PIMguy, that kid brenchel thing was hilarious!

I thought she really kicked well. Connor OTOH didn't even kick like a girl
    Nope. He kicked like an old man.

AZChristian was on a roll with the comments last night. I won't quote them all.

Now that the cowboys and Afghans are gone, I guess I'm rooting for Dave and Conner, I want Brenchel to get second because I think that will bother them more than getting third.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

This dawned on me - I wonder if Brendan and Rachel went with the US and not UK sizes for 9 and 11. Admittedly it did not say which version they were supposed to use, but UK sizes are listed as smaller numbers, so if Rachel got say an 11 in US sizes, she would have it wrong because it is 10.5 in men's size (a half size shorter). A woman's wellie would've been worse - it's a two size difference.

So if it was a man's shoe, they should've gone with a 10 or 12 US or woman's an 11 or 13.

Given that shoes nowadays list US and UK sizes on the heel (given a lot of shoes are made and shipped internationally so there is usually four sizes on the shoe's tongue - two on the base of a generic shoe like a wellie), it was a stupid mistake that should've cost them the race.

Something tells me it wasn't nearly as close though re: Brenchel or the Afghanimals. I think Leo and Jamal had a longer time with the shooting range. I don't think however they'd made the same mistake on the shoes given they were from Afghanistan and would know the shoes are different measurements and could've thrown them farther than Rachel (not to mention freaking her out and causing errors), so if they had done the shoes - knowing Brenchel was there, they might've advanced.

+ Reply to Thread