+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    PIMguy, that kid brenchel thing was hilarious!

Nope. He kicked like an old man.

AZChristian was on a roll with the comments last night. I won't quote them all.

Now that the cowboys and Afghans are gone, I guess I'm rooting for Dave and Conner, I want Brenchel to get second because I think that will bother them more than getting third.
    Same here, hope the girls get lost( literally) and the other pairs can place first and second. I wont Boo Dave and Conner, but for an old guy he did okay, not that entertaining like Leo and Jamal
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    This dawned on me - I wonder if Brendan and Rachel went with the US and not UK sizes for 9 and 11. Admittedly it did not say which version they were supposed to use, but UK sizes are listed as smaller numbers, so if Rachel got say an 11 in US sizes, she would have it wrong because it is 10.5 in men's size (a half size shorter). A woman's wellie would've been worse - it's a two size difference.

So if it was a man's shoe, they should've gone with a 10 or 12 US or woman's an 11 or 13.

Given that shoes nowadays list US and UK sizes on the heel (given a lot of shoes are made and shipped internationally so there is usually four sizes on the shoe's tongue - two on the base of a generic shoe like a wellie), it was a stupid mistake that should've cost them the race.

Something tells me it wasn't nearly as close though re: Brenchel or the Afghanimals. I think Leo and Jamal had a longer time with the shooting range. I don't think however they'd made the same mistake on the shoes given they were from Afghanistan and would know the shoes are different measurements and could've thrown them farther than Rachel (not to mention freaking her out and causing errors), so if they had done the shoes - knowing Brenchel was there, they might've advanced.
    No, I heard Rachel tell Brendon she was grabbing a size 9 and a size 10 shoe. I wondered at the time if she thought the clue was telling them to grab shoes between the sizes 9 and 11 so that was why she thought it was alright to grab a size 10, since it's in the 9-11 range. If so, big mistake. It still kills me how many contestants don't read their clues accurately! I don't know if they just forget or what. If I was on the race, I would want to read every clue myself and not just have my partner read a clue to me. There can be too much room for misinterpretation if you only hear the clue and don't read it yourself.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    This dawned on me - I wonder if Brendan and Rachel went with the US and not UK sizes for 9 and 11. Admittedly it did not say which version they were supposed to use, but UK sizes are listed as smaller numbers, so if Rachel got say an 11 in US sizes, she would have it wrong because it is 10.5 in men's size (a half size shorter). A woman's wellie would've been worse - it's a two size difference.

So if it was a man's shoe, they should've gone with a 10 or 12 US or woman's an 11 or 13.

Given that shoes nowadays list US and UK sizes on the heel (given a lot of shoes are made and shipped internationally so there is usually four sizes on the shoe's tongue - two on the base of a generic shoe like a wellie), it was a stupid mistake that should've cost them the race.

Something tells me it wasn't nearly as close though re: Brenchel or the Afghanimals. I think Leo and Jamal had a longer time with the shooting range. I don't think however they'd made the same mistake on the shoes given they were from Afghanistan and would know the shoes are different measurements and could've thrown them farther than Rachel (not to mention freaking her out and causing errors), so if they had done the shoes - knowing Brenchel was there, they might've advanced.
    No. She just made a mistake. She read the clue correctly with the 9 or 11 wording, and then while they were sorting through shoes, she said, "So we're supposed to find a size 9 or 10," and they picked a size 10.

I know this because I went online to watch the beginning (which I had missed) and got sucked in and watched the whole show.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Regular

I truly think Leo and Jamal deserved to be in the final over the blondes. But having said that, even though I don't respect their racing style (getting help etc) it worked for them. And why all the hate for Rachel and Brandon about being on multiple reality shows. It seems like all the rage now. Boston Rob was in AR. I think there have been others as well. I wish they would not do it but you cannot blame them. They are asked to do it so why not say yes?
    Punkin, Arielflies, GabbyG and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    I truly think Leo and Jamal deserved to be in the final over the blondes. But having said that, even though I don't respect their racing style (getting help etc) it worked for them. And why all the hate for Rachel and Brandon about being on multiple reality shows. It seems like all the rage now. Boston Rob was in AR. I think there have been others as well. I wish they would not do it but you cannot blame them. They are asked to do it so why not say yes?
    Yup they were asked and they said yes, like them or not, they generate interest.
    Punkin, Uncle David and Moontat like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I will definitely be rooting for Dave and Connor to come in first. Last time they raced they showed how good they were at winning legs and because of Dave's injury had to withdraw early. I would rather root for a team who this season again has shown how good they race together by winning the most 1st place finishes. I find them completely unselfish because earlier in the game they did help people. I see nothing wrong in helping people and just being nice. They still had to complete whatever the tasks were.

I have never liked Rachel and Brendon for the same reasons that jadewarlock mentioned. For me it's their attitude. The first BB Rachel was terrible and yes she was better the 2nd time when she won. It was the David Tutera wedding that showed me she had not changed. I just think back to that wedding and how she acted. I didn't see any maturity there at all.

The biggest reason is what PIMguy wrote in his hysterical post. Several times we heard either Brendon or Rachel mention that in order for her to have a baby that they had to win this race. So many were bothered by the fact that Dave mentioned being old. Why is that any different then Brendon or Rachel mentioning the baby that they can only have if they win this race. For me I think them mentioning that over and over was far worse then Dave mentioning his being old. Dave did say if he and Connor won he would be the oldest contestant to have won the AR. I think that is saying something. That is a huge accomplishment if it comes to pass.

I don't know how many of you have children, but to me to make the statement that it takes winning the race to have a child is plain ridiculous. I certainly didn't win anything in my life and yet I had children. I'm sure many of you have as well. I would take a stab that they probably earn a pretty penny and certainly can afford to have a child. If not then something is wrong. It seems like a long time ago that I heard Brendon say he needed to finish school so he could cure cancer. If he would finish school he could certainly have a well paying job that would enable him to afford to have a child. If he was serious about wanting to work on research to cure cancer to me that means so much more then to keep taking time off to do these reality shows.

At the end in the confessionals Rachel said this is a million dollars and I want a baby. Brendon said he is still a PhD student and he wants this so he can give Rachel a baby. Then Rachel said we're in this for our family. Guess no million dollars no family.

In Dave and Connor's last confessional Connor said winning the AR and winning it with my Dad would be amazing. He would be the oldest person to win the AR. Dave then said that's significant to me, but the reason I want to win the AR is not for me, it's for Connor.

That's why I have wanted Dave and Connor to win from the start and hope it happens for them.

In Dave and Connor's last confessional Connor said winning the AR and winning it with my Dad would be amazing. He would be the oldest person to win the AR. Dave then said that's significant to me, but the reason I want to win the AR is not for me, it's for Connor.
    He has sure mentioned the old part a lot
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm so annoyed that the blondies are still in it! I'll be OK with Brenchel or D/C winning, but pleassssse not these 2! But hey, maybe this will be a lesson to future racers to RACE FOR YOURSELF! Don't help other teams along just because you think you can beat them at the end. Those girls wouldn't even have gotten through that 2nd (?) leg if the Cowboys hadn't given them the EP. And they wouldn't have gotten through many tasks in the subsequent legs if not for having help from everyone around them (ugh!)

Say what you will about the Brenchel's, but they have run their OWN race, no "alliances", no "help"...I wouldn't have a problem at all if they win it.

I hated Afghanimals first time around, but this time they didn't grate on me. I felt bad for them getting knocked out at 4th. I felt worse that the blondies were in the top 3 though. God please let them come in 3rd (that's the only thing I can hope at this point)
    Punkin, Arielflies, GabbyG and 4 others like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I'm so annoyed that the blondies are still in it! I'll be OK with Brenchel or D/C winning, but pleassssse not these 2! But hey, maybe this will be a lesson to future racers to RACE FOR YOURSELF! Don't help other teams along just because you think you can beat them at the end. Those girls wouldn't even have gotten through that 2nd (?) leg if the Cowboys hadn't given them the EP. And they wouldn't have gotten through many tasks in the subsequent legs if not for having help from everyone around them (ugh!)

Say what you will about the Brenchel's, but they have run their OWN race, no "alliances", no "help"...I wouldn't have a problem at all if they win it.

I hated Afghanimals first time around, but this time they didn't grate on me. I felt bad for them getting knocked out at 4th. I felt worse that the blondies were in the top 3 though. God please let them come in 3rd (that's the only thing I can hope at this point)
    That's how I feel holly. . All this help has bored me a little.
    holly71 and Moontat like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

The goalie gave the girls a break. He relaxed later on because the girls couldn't get a goal. He gave them a break, it was obvious, he didn't even try to block some of the balls. I guess their pleading worked.

+ Reply to Thread