+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: 5/4 TAR 24 : Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/4 TAR 24 : Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

I just read an interview with the cowboys and the team they want to win is Dave and Connor.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    I just read an interview with the cowboys and the team they want to win is Dave and Connor.

I miss my cowboys already, classy to the end
    GabbyG, Duckyface, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post

This is a twitter from Dave right after finding out the cowboys were eliminated :

“Sorry to see @CordMcCoy and Jet go. The Cowboys are great guys and incredible competitors on @AmazingRace_CBS #raceallstars,” Dave O’Leary tweeted.

Nice to read these comments from the teams. They have a much better understanding of each other than we do.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    When the three teams in the Accidental Alliance were on the train it was proposed that their goal was “to get the Brenchels out”. The Granimals were very much a part of that plan. They thought it was “not a bad goal” because “they U-turned our dad”. They agreed that Brenchel had isolated themselves by using the U-turn. “It’s us three and them!”

Some may choose to believe that the Granimals were just playing along in order to advance themselves to a F3 that is most advantageous for them. I, however, and going to hold them to what they actually said. As with everything in ‘Reality TV’, it’s all a matter of perception.

I do think the Granimals were intending to U Turn Brenchel but even they said with Jamal's bum knee it they felt they could still beat Brenchel but not the Cowboys. That being said its the final four you have got to do what it best for your team. I hate it that I am defending these guys. Still in the back of my mind I am thinking it was still a 50/50 shot which team the Granimals were going to U Turn.

If the girls win this it would be a huge upset. Still I am OK with the Country Singers, Dave and Connor or yuck Granimals winning it. It's that Rachel and or Brendan come across so whinny and entitled as if they need the money more then anyone else that wants me want them not to win.
    captain and jucamer like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't found Rachel all that whiny this time around (well, except for the run of the bulls, but she wasn't much different from Dave in that respect).

I don't like when the U-Turn is used but it's part of the game. And so is strategy, which is what the Afghanimals used when UTurning Jet and Cord. I hated to see them go, but as many have said, they made a lot of mistakes this leg and it cost them. But it will be interesting to see if the Accidental Alliance addresses this next week.

I don't want the country singers to win because I don't believe they've done one leg yet without help from someone. And after Dave and Connor's behavior, I'm not as excited about them...as someone who is almost 60, I really hated that whole "but I'm old!" bit. (He was 60 when he started the race and it was the second time. If he thought he was too old, he shouldn't have applied to begin with.) I'm getting the feeling that he thought everyone would just step aside and make it easy for him, but that's not how this works. But I think I'm probably holding them to a higher standard because they were just so awesome the first time around.

I don't think that how much money a person already has or how many contests they've already won matters. If that were the case, then people should be upset that Boston Rob was on Survivor so many times or that the Globetrotters got invited back. People apply, they get accepted, they get to play. And play occasionally includes the U-Turn.

But I do think that legs with a U-Turn should be non-elimination.
    GolfGrrl, teatime, Midol and 1 others like this.

If the U-Turn was non-elimination what would be the purpose of using it?
    holly71 and Crystalline like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I haven't found Rachel all that whiny this time around (well, except for the run of the bulls, but she wasn't much different from Dave in that respect).

I don't like when the U-Turn is used but it's part of the game. And so is strategy, which is what the Afghanimals used when UTurning Jet and Cord. I hated to see them go, but as many have said, they made a lot of mistakes this leg and it cost them. But it will be interesting to see if the Accidental Alliance addresses this next week.

I don't want the country singers to win because I don't believe they've done one leg yet without help from someone. And after Dave and Connor's behavior, I'm not as excited about them...as someone who is almost 60, I really hated that whole "but I'm old!" bit. (He was 60 when he started the race and it was the second time. If he thought he was too old, he shouldn't have applied to begin with.) I'm getting the feeling that he thought everyone would just step aside and make it easy for him, but that's not how this works. But I think I'm probably holding them to a higher standard because they were just so awesome the first time around.

I don't think that how much money a person already has or how many contests they've already won matters. If that were the case, then people should be upset that Boston Rob was on Survivor so many times or that the Globetrotters got invited back. People apply, they get accepted, they get to play. And play occasionally includes the U-Turn.

But I do think that legs with a U-Turn should be non-elimination.

I guess that must be their super power.
    holly71 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

please take any further dave talk to his thread. The u-turn from the previous leg has been discussed so much and that poor horse is now at the glue factory. You all have your points and you all have made them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I haven't.

Actually, I missed the episode. My daughter insisted she watch Star Wars (May the fourth be with you and such nerdy nonsense... ) and both of us thought the other had pvr'd the Race. I'm sad to hear about the Cowboys but overall it sounds like it was a fun episode to watch with much drama. So, they were my top pick to win.
    At this point, anyone can win but Rachden, and that's fine by me.
    jucamer likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

OH my Cowboys! So very sad to see them go They were my favorites and I so hoped they would win this time around. The Garanimals probably made the best move for them. It was sad though, and I can see why the Cowboys were upset when the Garanimals had said they wouldn't U-turn them.

Regarding this week, the people at my house watching, including me, felt like during the running of the bulls Dave was saying the I'm old stuff in a joking manner. Most of us older folks, not even close to as old as Dave, had joked the same way about our age at times. I think he was serious saying that it's a young mans game, meaning that it's harder when you're older, which it undoubtedly is.

As for Rachel during the running of the bulls she was whiney, really whiney, in our opinion.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread