+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: 5/4 TAR 24 : Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/4 TAR 24 : Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    What are these "All Stars" paid for their participation in the race?
    I am not aware of anything other than the winners and runner ups getting $ and everyone else the prizes that they collect along the way. That is why I don't begrudge teams trying to come in first. Yes, the last leg is the most important, but some of those prizes are nothing to be sneezed at.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Are the Afgananimals out of the "Accidental Alliance" now? They did go against what the plan was. For shame
    holly71 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Are the Afgananimals out of the "Accidental Alliance" now? They did go against what the plan was. For shame
    I hope that stupid alliance is now done. There are only four teams left. You would think that by this point they would be smart enough to be racing for themselves. I know for a fact that Branchel certainly will be. It would serve the other two right if the stupid singers beat both of them!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I hope that stupid alliance is now done. There are only four teams left. You would think that by this point they would be smart enough to be racing for themselves. I know for a fact that Branchel certainly will be. It would serve the other two right if the stupid singers beat both of them!
    I hope so as well, that's was pitiful
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    The alliance was temporary- no one is going to think twice about going full out in order to win, now that it's nearing the end.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

The accidental alliance consisted of three teams , leaving out The cowboys and Rachel/Brandon. While the primary goal was not helping Rachel/Brandon, none of the teams said "Don't U-turn the cowboys." That made The Cowboys fair game. No hypocrisy involved. Besides the cowboys made several crucial mistakes throughout this leg, had they not made multiple mistakes they would more than likely still be in the race.
    teatime and Photobabe like this.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I never got the impression that the Afghanimals were particularly invested in the Accidental Alliance. I think they were just along for the ride as long as they felt it furthered their long-term goals for the race. I do think they'd like to go to the finals with the two weakest remaining teams.

I wonder if we'll see Dave and Connor's reaction to the fact that they took out the cowboys instead of Brenchal. I'm guessing there will be some unhappiness but that the Afghanimals will be able to talk their way out of it.

At this point in the game, all bets should be off, anyway. To help anyone else at this point is really stupid.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    The accidental alliance consisted of three teams , leaving out The cowboys and Rachel/Brandon. While the primary goal was not helping Rachel/Brandon, none of the teams said "Don't U-turn the cowboys." That made The Cowboys fair game. No hypocrisy involved. Besides the cowboys made several crucial mistakes throughout this leg, had they not made multiple mistakes they would more than likely still be in the race.
    I'm confused! No one said 'Don't U-turn St Dave', so why weren't they fair game when Brenchel U-turned them?

Also, the hypocrisy wasn't in U-turning the Cowboys. It was in the Granimals condemning Brenchel for furthering their game by U-turning St Dave then furthering their own game by U-turning the cowboys. It's either OK for everyone to U-turn to further their game or not. Hypocrisy is holding others to standards you don't apply to yourselves.
    holly71, Punkin, march and 8 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I don't really recall the Afghanimals to be on Brenchel's neck, and surely not as the agitators. I don't see any hypocrisy here from Leo and Jamal. Had Dave and Connor done it, it would've been a different case.

From the looks of it, the Afghanimals are happy with the Alliance, because they consider the other two teams on the Alliance the two weakest remaining teams. If they can carry both those teams to the final three, then yes, it will certainly be to their advantage.

As for game elements:

The speed bump is not meant to knock teams out of the game. If you're in last during a NEL, and the speed bump in the next leg is surely to kick you out, then why include a NEL in the first place? Speed bumps should in my opinion be relatively easy to pass, else they're not just a small bump. The Country Singers had a speed bump, but since it wasn't too big of a task, they managed to survive and beat the Cowboys to the U-Turn. Had the Cowboys not made any errors, the speed bump would've cost the country singers the race. Had the speed bump been larger a task, it would guarantee elimination, which raises the question, why include them.

The U-Turn is a neccesary evil, a way to add drama to the game. I never understood it well, since you can only U-Turn teams that are behind you. Now, if you could do an extra, optional task, and completing that task would allow you to slow down another team ahead of you, it would make a lot more sense. But the U-Turns cause drama and discussion, so they're important to the show.

I do prefer the U-Turn over the Yield. With the Yield, you're completely stuck there doing nothing whatsoever, waiting for the hourglass to run out. With the U-Turn, you at least keep matters into your own hands. Both beat other monstrosities like the Intersection, which is basically a completely random penalty for every odd-arriving team.

Congratulations again, Dave and Connor, my favorite team maybe ever. I still hope for the win for you.

Another set of congratulations for Jennifer/Caroline. I may be the only one who likes them and who never calls them "the blondes." They came fourth place last time around and I predict they'll do better this time.

Leo and Jamal, every time I get a little closer to liking you a bit, you do something to spoil it. I think you just gave the game away by u-turning Jet/Cord instead of Brendan/Rachel. I really like Jet and Cord, have them on my team in fact, but they always make mistakes that cost them whereas Brendan/Rachel just seem to luck in, mores the pity. I think Leo and Jamal will pay for that next week.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread