+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: 4/20 TAR 24: Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 TAR 24: Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    After all the years this has been on and FT and BE have been on 3 times, why they do not read and reread I will never understand. By rereading the clue is how Dave figured out to put the basket on the donkey. I have noticed that the Cowboys do not stay around to help out the other teams and are running a good race. I am tired of the Blondes and their talk about how great they are, when in actuality they are being carried by other teams.
    I would like to see the F3, Brenchel, Cowboys, and Leo/Jamal, in no particular order.
    Yes, those 3 are my choices now.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Nobody is annoying to me this season except the Big Brother horrors who have made this season unwatchable for me. I think they are both annoying and useless and are given so much screen time, I can't manage to fast forward through it.

I really did not like Leo and Jamal at all last time around and they are still way to loud for me, but they are playing with some class this time around and I appreciate that. I have never minded any team helping another team; I'd rather see that then the cutthroat anything to win style of play that so many seem to love. I'm a life long gamer, but I learned to play fair and to keep my sense of ethics while trying to win. It's one of the reasons I like Face Off so much. The contestants help whoever needs help without even thinking about it.
    I agree Florimel. I would take contestants like Dave and Connor, Leo and Jamal, Jet and Cord and the country girls any day over Brenchel and I have no problem with teams helping each other out. Dave and Connor had to U-turn someone because Brenchel U-turned them, and felt bad that they were using it on Leo and Jamal. So they ended up helping them and look how appreciative Leo and Jamal were. I wasn't as fond of them last season, but this season I have really enjoyed them. We heard how much respect they had for both Dave and Connor. They obviously feel that way for a reason and my guess is not just because of tonight's episode. We only see highly edited episodes, but it makes me think there is a reason why the other teams don't like Brenchel. Dave eluded to it in tonight's episode when he said they (Brenchel) are only nice when they want something. We also heard Flight Time and Big Easy talk of how much they really liked them as well when we had the episode where Connor helped Flight Time out with the sewing of the shirt.

We have seen plenty of episodes where these teams have worked on their own so if I see some where they have helped each other out I don't mind. Last week Dave and Connor let the country girls step on the mat before them, but in reality it was showing an act of kindness since stepping on the mat 2nd versus 3rd doesn't give away a thing since they arrived at the same time. It might not be as exciting for some watching, but we are still not at the end and I'm sure we will see more exciting episodes now that we are down to 5 teams.

I remember the season when the Chippendales were on (a team that I really enjoyed) and almost every episode we had teams working with each other throughout the race. Brendon and Rachel had no problem earlier in the race teaming up with other racers if it helped them out. Now I guess they don't have anyone left who cares about them enough to help them. Earlier in the race I heard Brendon ask other teams the same sort of question that Dave asked him tonight about where they found the helmets for the donkey race. We heard what Brendon's reaction was - typical Brendon. The difference being Brendon and Rachel were not out in front like they were both last week and tonight.

I guess I didn't look at tonight's episode as Dave being a whiner - I actually took it more as Dave's dry sense of humor when he said they were picking on him and here he is a 60 year old man. I have heard older people saying things like that many times. I think Dave and Connor are both running a great race. If they weren't they still wouldn't be there.

I'm going to miss Flight Time and Big Easy - they did leave with a lot of class and they are what I refer to as just good people. One more thing was I loved the scenery in tonight's episode - absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    ETA: oh, and I think it's funny that the "artiste" was the only one to have her calligraphy rejected (from what we saw). Don't quit your day job, Rachel. Does she have a day job?
    This is from her bio:
    Current occupation: Actress, reality TV personality, journalist and owner of Adventures4pets.com
    Hmm, no "artiste" listed. I think she just makes crap up on the fly.
    spockwhat, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fan

Seeing the calligraphy portion of the show made me wonder how much say, if any, the producers have over whether the "judge" accepts a task and gives them the clue card. I wonder if Rachel's work was the only one that was initially rejected. I know they wanted to portray that Rachel was the only one seeming to brag about how well she could do the task, and then she was the only one who supposedly didn't pass the first time. Did others not "pass" the first time and yet we weren't shown this? Or, did the producer tell the guy to tell her it was not acceptable? I would love to see a close-up of all the work side by side to see if her first attempt was worse than all the others. It seemed when the Globetrotter handed his in, they did not really show the page at all.

I liked the Globetrotters, but really, they need to re-read the clue! Read each part very closely to see if you are missing something. For example, it said to have the guy load up the donkey with wood. OK, think about how that would happen. I guess he could have tied the wood to the donkey with some rope, but then you should be able to see some rope lying around.
    Punkin, GabbyG and atlMD like this.

A lot of people on here are giving Dave and Connor a rough time for helping other teams out. Yes it is a pain listening to Dave whining about being U-turned, it's a game. In that same token there is a social aspect to the game. A help from another team can help a lot (i.e. the Roman numerals task) and a misdirect from another team can hurt a lot. Being the good guy when there are things like U-turns, hard tasks etc. can help when you know that helping the other teams won't cost you the leg. As long as you know for a fact there are other teams well behind you, giving a little help to the other teams only helps you in the social aspect. Of course you can get burnt if it turns out that the team you thought was behind you actually passed you up, but if every indication is that a team is far behind, then helping is a good thing.
    Photobabe likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I kind of felt like Dave's comments about being "a 60-year-old man" were his attempts to say "I'm no threat. You can outrun me if push comes to shove." I think they're helping the blondes because they don't see them as a threat. I was gobsmacked that they helped the afghanimals, although they were a little ways ahead of them at that point.

As to whether it's better to play cutthroat or to form alliances, I don't have an opinion. They are both strategies, and each team has to play its own strategy. I can't fault Brenchel for not forming alliances . . . their independence is working for them. They're not in a competition like Survivor where those they eliminate will have to vote for them to win or not, so kissing up to the others isn't that important . . . until and unless they need someone to be a little helpful to them further down the road. But they're running out of road right now, so it needs to start being every team for themselves.

Afghanimals have been much easier to like this time, but I'm still rooting for the Cowboys.
    jucamer likes this.

I actually enjoy seeing the teams help each other. It makes little difference if you are 2nd team in or 2nd to last. These folks spend a LOT of time hanging out at airports and traveling together so it is natural that friendships and bonds are formed. It's also good to know that if you help someone they will return the favor. The final episode all gloves will be off and it will be every team for themselves. As it should be at that point. Until then, I really enjoy seeing these teams be nice to each other.
    redsox girl and Jaceegirl like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I like the Globetrotters, but they didn't read the clue enough and it cost them in the end. At least from what I can tell they did NOT give up (which shows when they handed the monk the calligraphy paper), which makes me respect them more than back their first season when they chose to take the penalty instead of trying trial and error (Kafka).

Then again - ALL of them had problems with the clue - but if they read CAREFULLY, how else would the donkey carry firewood? The odd way the box folded too should've been a clue. (Did have a major laugh when you clearly heard Dave's voice show the light had turned on in his head when he said "firewood" that they were supposed to use the box as well. )

I'd be highly surprised if Rachel's was the only one rejected. Calligraphy, especially with a quill and ink (speaking of which where was the pounce to DRY the ink?), would be VERY hard, and most folks would press too hard on the nib initially, which would cause the ink to run and blob. (For the record, I've written with a quill with the actual cut in the feather, and yes, even printing, one wrong move, it spills). Still, the editing there was spot on to show that arrogance can bite you in the nose.

Loved the monks wearing the cowboy hats... it is a church and you're not really supposed to wear them (and I think the cowboys remembered this too and had taken them off), but the monks looked like they were having fun as well.

I'm OK with "alliances" to a point - there are benefits but also costs. They're taking the risk they get lost and lose into their own hands that way. If they want them and take the risk, more power to them. I wouldn't most likely, but then again I'm not on said race.

Brendan is a turkey... plain and simple. Even Rachel I think started doubting his choice to U-Turn Dave and Connor. Not only did he now create an enemy who'd probably help them, it was just so they could win first in this leg. Don't these guys get that the ONE leg you need to be first on is the last one, and the more you focus on that the more you are risking making the mistake that will cost you the million? I mean, even Flight Time and Big Easy for all their moments of not reading the clue had that right - just beat at least one team each leg THEN go out and win that last let.
    NFL1, spockwhat and Jaceegirl like this.

Personally I think Dave was very upset being Uturned. There was another episode where another team did not help Dave/Connor and Dave made several remarks.
    Punkin, justCoz, xcptnl and 3 others like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Personally I think Dave was very upset being Uturned. There was another episode where another team did not help Dave/Connor and Dave made several remarks.
    Yep, that wasn't any type of humor imnsho. He was Po'd, and it looks like it continues. I do love Connor though. Sweetpea and I mentioned Dave on another episode, something about him irks me. If I was in a race and D&C were right behind me, I would use the U turn on them for sure
    Punkin, xcptnl and Moontat like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread