+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 3/30 TAR 24: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/30 TAR 24: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

I was amazed Rachel didn't melt down into tears. She definitely seems to have settled down and matured a bit. I had to laugh at them saying if they won a million dollars, she could have a baby ...and a house, Brenden adds, but she just smiles and says "AND A BABY!" She's focused on starting that family!

I forgot about BE picking up and moving that tuk tuk...that was crazy. In fact, that crush of little cards was kind of scary. I could just see someone getting their leg pinned or something. Rachel missing that vital part of the clue could have spelled disaster if it had been later in the day. You can bet from now on they will slow down enough to read the clue thoroughly and make sure they are doing it correctly.
    wannasee likes this.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Loved tonight's episode. I felt like we saw just how competitive all the teams are tonight. They all want to win and I do think that they all feel like the Cowboys are the biggest competition. The Cowboys just seem to keep their cool and figure things out. That being said, I will be surprised if they win, not sure why, just will. I was actually proud of Rachel tonight. She could have had a total and complete melt down, but she dug deep and got it done. I could actually understand how she made the mistake and I suppose she was sooo focused on what she was doing that it never dawned on her that the others weren't concentrating on any one color tuk-tuk. I have been amazed that she has not annoyed me the last several legs. I would prefer to see the Globetrotters or Cowboys win, however right now I don't have any that I would just hate to see win it.
    I think whoever wins this, thoroughly deserves it! They are racing pretty darned hard. I was yelling at them to press down on the poo paper . They needed to get rid of those bubbles, finally someone heard me
    I forgot about BE picking up and moving that tuk tuk...that was crazy. In fact, that crush of little cards was kind of scary
    I was sure someone was going to get crushed, in fact I thought Rachael was by the previews we saw.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The TAR Gods have forsaken me! The Garanimals beat the Cowboys to the mat, and Brenchel were not eliminated.
    Florimel, Duckyface and wannasee like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I didn't experience Dave as being pushy. I think he was actually getting frustrated, because other people were crowding in front of him in line. If he'd been successfully pushy, he wouldn't have been so slow to finish. And I thought he was just kidding around with his comment about "beating an old man in a foot race." But maybe I'm biased, since they're the home town team.
    dagwood, Florimel, GabbyG and 4 others like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    The TAR Gods have forsaken me! The Garanimals beat the Cowboys to the mat, and Brenchel were not eliminated.
    If the Granimals took the same route as the Cowboys instead of jumping across the rails I think the Cowboys would have been them as the Cowboys had to make up some distance and are they racing in their cowboy boots? If so that is miserable traction on sand.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh rats for having to wait two weeks to see TAR because of the Country Music Awards I think. Well, at least basketball will be over by then.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    If the Granimals took the same route as the Cowboys instead of jumping across the rails I think the Cowboys would have been them as the Cowboys had to make up some distance
    Actually, no. Once they were at the other end of the station, Jamal was in front of the cowboys, but Leo was behind them. Between that point and the finish mat, Leo surpassed the cowboys and scored first place. Even if they had, it was an option the cowboys could have taken as well.

I'm not too sure how to take Dave's comment towards John and Jessica. It could be that he just informed them: "Congratulations, guys, you don't have to worry, as I've already lot this sprint." or it could indeed be petty sneering like described above. He was running and tired, so his voice could be interpreted either way.

What I do find weird is all this commenting about the teams being all stars, and therefor the competition being stronger. All stars is just a name they have given to the season. They could also have called the season returning losers, and it would be both less intimidating and closer to the truth, as the winning teams don't come back. Now if they would bring the winning teams back...

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Thank goodness...my pool remains intact since my twinnie reserves were out first!
    The twinnies? You knew you could replace them before the 2nd episode aired?
    wannasee likes this.

I thought the cowboys had on tennis shoes during the race, always their hats.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I didn't experience Dave as being pushy. I think he was actually getting frustrated, because other people were crowding in front of him in line. If he'd been successfully pushy, he wouldn't have been so slow to finish. And I thought he was just kidding around with his comment about "beating an old man in a foot race." But maybe I'm biased, since they're the home town team.
    I think Dave was kidding too, because of his past and the footrace being what caused his injury that pulled him and Connor out of their first race. That especially was profound to say when they had to race on a beach to get to this mat.

He wasn't pushy so much as he was trying to think smart, but it didn't quite work out. This was a decision that didn't severely hurt them but it could've.

Honestly, save the Afghanimals - who seem to have forgotten the ONLY time it's important to be first on the mat is the finals (note, the cowboys mentioned this too in their private interviews), I'm going to be happy with any of the teams winning. I'd be OK with the Afghanimals winning too, but I have lots of favorites left on this team that they aren't on the top of my list. (And I'd rather they win over Jessica and John - I still haven't forgotten the "We aren't going to use our get out of elimination for free" card their first season).

BTW - do the cowboys still have their EP? If not when was it used?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I like Dave and Connor. I just find Dave doesn't say please or thank you very much. Sometimes he is very sharp when he talks. I thought he was kidding about the race and the younger ones as well, but I have noticed the little things , just as I have with everyone else
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast