+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: 3/23 TAR 24: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

3/23 TAR 24: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

"Can't Make Fish Bite"

The race continues in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

I hope it continues on-time for you. Enjoy
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 3/23 TAR 24: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Did everyone need to go to the travel agency? Afganimals and Luke and Margie went to the airport.

Brachel can't take the same direct flight as everyone else...same with Luke and Margie. Brachel are chancing the 30 minute connection, Luke and Margie are waiting on stand by.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Shockingly...NOT...Brachel made their connection. I knew they would since they advertised it so much...usually, if they make it so obvious, it's the exact opposite.

Luke and Margie...not so lucky. Didn't make the waiting list and have to take the morning flight.

Branchel are first to the temple but, it doesn't open till the morning and everyone but Luke and Margie are caught up.

Everyone has to get dressed in traditional garb and get a blessing and get on the train till the next challenge.

Singers are stalking the cowboys and everyone is raving about the scenery...while Luke and Margie are just boarding their flights.

OMG...they are in those three wheel taxis and the driving is scary!!!!

Detour:

Fishing on stilts. Both have to catch a fish and deliver it to a local fisherman.

or

Learn a traditional dance while spinning rabans?

I think I would fish, but what do I know.

Afganimals, singers, Brachel, globetrotters are dancing. Globetrotters say the spinning reminds them of what they do with the Globetrotters.

Dave and Connor, cowboys, that engaged couple are fishing. Dave and Connor are quick and out of there. Same with the globetrotters and Afganimals at the other task.

Cowboys also finish the fishing task fairly quickly and joke about the size of their fish. Singers are done and Brandon is dropping the spinning thing and Rachel is actually calm and he is stressing. Luke and Margie arrive from their flight apparently as Brachel finish their task.

The engaged couple are debating if they should switch. Last time they did, they were eliminated. I wouldn't be sorry to see them go...or Luke and Margie.

They cave and the engage couple switch while Luke and Margie just got their blessing and heading for the train.

Next up...Road block.

Treddle to the meddle...They need to stitch together a shirt. This is where Brachel need to do their road block. This may not be so easy for many of these teams.

Engaged people are doing their first try at the dancing and they are out of there quickly while Luke and Margie are on the train.

Brachel have to silk screen 15 shirts. Rachel has done this before but say it is time consuming since they have to apply the last coat of paint and have to line them up correctly. Seem to be OK and are off to the sewing.

Lots of Luke and Margie being peppy and grateful for the experience. They must be going home tonight.

These people are complaining how difficult it is to make a shirt...they don't even have to do the buttons or the button holes. I could sail through this since I sew...mostly hemming and repairs, but I used to make stuff.

Connor is done first and heading to the rowing club and the pit stop. Next singers,

The ladies in the sewing room are laughing at the Afganimals who are joking around. Cowboys are done. Globetrotter is entertaining the workers.

Dave and Connor each get $5,000. Singers next, then cowboys and Afganimals. Engaged couple are next, globetrotters and entertaining the folks by trying on the tiny shirt they just made. In 7th...Brachel. Luke and Margie are last and done and out.

Next week: Racing in taxis and Rachel is squished between two and seems to be having some issues. She is positively mellow this season...what is going on with her?

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Luke and Margie are last and done and out.
    Ahhhh . . . can't wait for it to start here! I think I'll have myself a glass of Moscato to toast the happy ending.

This episode was tough! I think i would have done the dance detour just because you dont want to depend on a fish bite to move you further in a race. I definitely couldnt have done the sewing challenge as i have never done that in my life. Glad Globetrotters and Brenchel made it my heart was pounding. Luke kept his cool like Margie said it was their third time on the race so no need to be upset. Great episode.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

That sewing task was pretty tough! the teams were all pretty cool( with some light hearted moments) I am not sad Margie and Luke have gone.

I was worried for FT and BE!!!!!
    I believe Rachel has been given Valium before each leg of the race, or they are giving her a really good edit.
    sclilred1 and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Love seeing the friendships forming and the light and fun side of the race...so much better than the backstabbing and belittling. When I originally saw the cast list, I was sort-of ho-hum about them, but so far this has turned out to be a really enjoyable season.

FORT Regular

Of course when Rachel and Brenden come in last it's a non elim leg, because CBS loves them to death, the same way they put Boston Rob on Survivor until he won the million dollars. Luke and Margie come in last for the first time and they go home. Makes me almost not to watch CBS reality shows anymore more because it's obvious who they want to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast