+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: 3/23 TAR 24: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/23 TAR 24: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

It was a good episode and for whatever reason this whole group of racers seem to get along with each other this season. So far we haven't had a lot of drama between the teams and it's really refreshing.

When I saw the sewing task I knew that was something I would fail at. When Connor said the last and only time he sewed was in 7th grade it reminded me of my sewing class where we all had to make a pair of pajamas. Mine fell apart in the machine when I washed them for the first time. Needless to say I never became a sewer.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Had my teams all lined up nicely 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with the captains in front when I saw the sewing roadblock, and knew all bets were off. Reminded me of TAR Australia instantly.

Connor having had sewing class in 7th grade is probably more than most of the others had.

Luke and Margie went straight for the airport, right? If they had stopped at a travel agent, they might've had no problems whatsoever.

Overall a pretty nice episode. Wouldn't mind to see Brenchel go home next, though.

And yes, I agree. There seems to be a nice atmosphere between the various teams, though it does seem like the cowboys think some of the other teams are whack jobs, but just keep it to themselves.

The only real disagreements between teams I've seen so far this season involved the twinnies in episode 1, to no surprise. Fortunately, they went out so early, I almost forget they were even in this season!
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    It was a good episode and for whatever reason this whole group of racers seem to get along with each other this season. So far we haven't had a lot of drama between the teams and it's really refreshing.

When I saw the sewing task I knew that was something I would fail at. When Connor said the last and only time he sewed was in 7th grade it reminded me of my sewing class where we all had to make a pair of pajamas. Mine fell apart in the machine when I washed them for the first time. Needless to say I never became a sewer.
    LOL I had to make an apron and I got an F..F for failed! I was horrified when I saw that challenge. Now DH can sew, he's really good.
    Moontat and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Isn't this the very first time a team has been eliminated because they couldn't get on a flight? Anyone know how far time wise they were? I heard Margie say 10 hours????

I don't know if it would have made that much of a difference if Margie and Luke had gotten to the travel agency before Brenchel.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Margie and Luke were offered the same 30 min run in the Singapore Airport that Brenchel took and declined it, opting for a seats that didn't open on the direct flight. Brenchel lucked out in making their connection and arriving first in Colombo.

This was a fun leg in that everyone attacked the tasks with determination. It was hilarious to watch Flight Time (in full uniform) practice his moves on the factory floor. That last pass to Rachel was cool.

Margie and Luke accepted their position. I wonder if they even tried the final tasks or were sent on to the Mat and Phil. Neither was wearing the sewn shirt at the Mat. They left graciously. Oh, I loved the line by Rachel on the train about seeing the forest on one side and the ocean on the other and this is why you go on the Race.

Good Show!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When my daughter was little, I used to make all of our clothes. Sewing isn't really all that hard . . . I'm working this week on making a pattern for t-shirts, because mine are all too big because of my weight loss . . . and I've bought them during our travels, so I don't want to get rid of them.

Trust me . . . and let me repeat . . . sewing isn't really all that hard.
    waywyrd, GabbyG and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When my daughter was little, I used to make all of our clothes. Sewing isn't really all that hard . . . I'm working this week on making a pattern for t-shirts, because mine are all too big because of my weight loss . . . and I've bought them during our travels, so I don't want to get rid of them.

I think its very hard and I also hate it. Now knitting would of been fine, I knitted baby clothes..but no, sewing for me is very hard.Heck I would rather paddle down that river they were on last week
    I thought the guys did very well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Knitting, crochet, weaving even macrame I can do it's that darn foot peddle that gets me on the sewing machine.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Next week: Racing in taxis and Rachel is squished between two and seems to be having some issues. She is positively mellow this season...what is going on with her?
    She us (hopefully) growing up. She can still be annoying and I DO think she needs longer shorts on this race but I'm enjoying the team. I am hoping they outlast team "we had guaranteed next leg of race but frittered away our express pass."
    holly71, GabbyG and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

I tried and tried AZChristian as my mom could do it all. She used to say the same thing to me - sewing isn't that hard. She sewed all our clothes, made drapes, slipcovers and even upholstered furniture. She knit, did crochet and on and on. I loved to cook and bake, but never liked sewing. I think Fanny is right if you don't enjoy doing something it is hard - now if you asked me to dance I would say that was easy.
    Lucynda and Moontat like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast