+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: 3/16 TAR 24: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/16 TAR 24: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I actually do like Jennifer and Caroline. Does anyone know if the other racers know that Jennifer is the granddaughter of John Wayne? I don't recall hearing anyone mention it and you'd think they would if they knew.
    She mentioned it on the show while talking before one of the challenges, but I don't know if she mentioned it to the other racers. I don't recall her mentioning it during her previous season?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    She mentioned it on the show while talking before one of the challenges, but I don't know if she mentioned it to the other racers. I don't recall her mentioning it during her previous season?
    I am pretty sure in was in her bio, at least in the first season she raced and I think she mentioned it once or twice also during her first season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I remember reading it, I don't know if it was on here, but yes, I do recall her mentioning John Wayne
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, I know it was in her bio for both seasons and I have heard her mention it once this season and once or twice last season, but I don't think I've heard her say anything in front of the other racers. I think at least some of them would have said something to the effect that she's John Wayne's granddaughter and doesn't need the money, but I don't recall anyone ever saying that. I've never been a John Wayne fan, so it doesn't make any difference to me. Just curious, really.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have several reasons for the pantyhose.
    Will keep your legs warm
    Can help with circulation, depending on the type
    I know when I fly I always wear medi support hose, to help with circulation from sitting.
    You can add..."helps stop leg chaffing when running in the heat" to the list. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I know some people aren't fans, but I would throw in the Afganimals in with the Cowboys, Globetrotters and Dave and Connor as a team who seem to enjoy their time on the race, are friendly with locals and rarely get upset with one another.
    I totally agree. I enjoy watching each of those 4 teams myself (and not just because I picked them for the pool). I would still love to see Brendan and Rachel go, because she's way over the top and annoys me to no end. Margie and Luke can also go. I don't care either way about the other couple or the two girls.

What does surprise me is so many episodes that aren't the first episode, but have fixed flights.

Last week we had 7 teams starting very close to each other and the flights splitting them up in 6 and 3, which basically meant that the other 2 teams were automatically stuck in the last 3 for the entire episode.

This week at least there was a challenge before the flight, to give some people a chance to catch up. However, the second flight now became the third flight, even though the teams had no control over it by reserving additional flights.

Let them schedule their own flights again, please. Let them make their own mistake instead of being stuck with whatever flights the AR crew schedules out for them.
    holly71, NFL1 and Mreid1472 like this.

Im fans of all the male teams this season except the Afganimals I tried to like these guys but they are just too silly/annoying/immature for me
    Florimel and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    Im fans of all the male teams this season except the Afganimals I tried to like these guys but they are just too silly/annoying/immature for me
    Agreed on all of it!
    Moontat likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789