+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 3/9 TAR 24: Episode 3 *** West Coast Spoilers***

Re: 3/9 TAR 24: Episode 3 *** West Coast Spoilers***

I'm actually sorta sad that Joey and Meghan screwed up their cab and got eliminated. I don't particularly like or hate them, but it would have been nice to see team Brenchel go home instead.

I was also thinking that Dave and Connor would switch for the hunting task. They were there anyhow, and you can switch detours at any time, right? Pretty amazing that they managed to stay in first place after that long hike forth and back.

Overall, though, the food delivery task seemed to take less time than the hunting task, and at first I thought everyone would do food delivery, but then the later half of teams all did hunting.

I quite liked it that we got to see less civilization and more nature this episode. Buildings after buildings gets old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    With all the problems with the rafts and the fact that 3 teams were 3 hours behind the first with really no chance of making up that time, I expected it to be a non-elimination leg. I think we'll have one coming up pretty soon since it wasn't.
    I was sure it was going to be a NEL also. Guess not, lol. I wasn't sad about who left, even though he wasn't nearly as annoying as he was the first time they ran the race.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't understand why Cord was only looking in one direction while coming down the falls. He's lucky that it didn't put them too far behind. You'd think since he's been on the race before he'd be more careful. The same with Dave and Conner missing the location of the chief in the river. Did they not read their clue?? They just assumed that was the location of the other challenge and kept going.

Oh, and thank goodness for blurring out Rachel's lady parts when she went down the waterfall in her underwear to avoid getting her glittery shorts wet. I definitely didn't need to see that.

I was pretty excited that they went to Borneo. I kept wondering if they crossed any of the areas where Survivor Borneo was filmed. It's neat to see what the city looks like since we only saw the beach and jungle on Survivor.
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-10-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't understand why Cord was only looking in one direction while coming down the falls. He's lucky that it didn't put them too far behind. You'd think since he's been on the race before he'd be more careful. The same with Dave and Conner missing the location of the chief in the river. Did they not read their clue?? They just assumed that was the location of the other challenge and kept going.

Oh, and thank goodness for blurring out Rachel's lady parts when she went down the waterfall in her underwear to avoid getting her glittery shorts wet. I definitely didn't need to see that.

I was pretty excited that they went to Borneo. I kept wondering if they crossed any of the areas where Survivor Borneo was filmed. It's neat to see what the city looks like since we only saw the beach and jungle on Survivor.
    Goodbye Joey!!! and good riddance. I liked Meghan but Joey was sooo annoying. This episode has been the best so far this season to me. The river challenge looked very dangerous. I love this show but i know i wouldnt do well

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    I'm actually sorta sad that Joey and Meghan screwed up their cab and got eliminated. I don't particularly like or hate them, but it would have been nice to see team Brenchel go home instead.

I was also thinking that Dave and Connor would switch for the hunting task. They were there anyhow, and you can switch detours at any time, right? Pretty amazing that they managed to stay in first place after that long hike forth and back.

Overall, though, the food delivery task seemed to take less time than the hunting task, and at first I thought everyone would do food delivery, but then the later half of teams all did hunting.

I quite liked it that we got to see less civilization and more nature this episode. Buildings after buildings gets old fast.
    I thought it was odd they didn't switch to the hunting task too, unless there's something we don't know that they took into consideration, like maybe Connor or Dave is near-sighted and thought it would be hard for him to focus on, and hit, something while hunting. Or maybe they just were afraid the second task would take more time than the hike would.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I think Dave and Connor did read the clue, but they misunderstood it, because Dave said something about thinking they had to go under six bridges on the river, which is why they thought the marked stop had something to do with the hunting task. Dave even suggested they double-check the clue, but Connor replied that it was in his back pocket, which made it difficult to reach for it without upsetting the raft at that point.

I do hope Rachel manages to keep her pants on for the remainder of their time on the show. In some countries/cultures, she could get in real trouble trying something like that. Heck, if she showed her lady parts in public in the U.S., she could have been arrested.
    AZChristian likes this.

Glad to see Joey go. As I said in a thread for one of the other episodes. The only way I wanted to see him in for a long time was if he did like last season and comment on behind the scenes type stuff on his Youtube channel. Neither him or Meghan did this time. Maybe told not to by the producers, bitter about early exit, or something else. Very annoying when he does his "show" personality, sounds pretty normal when not.

All the early exits have been the most annoying teams so far this season (not including Mark.) Hopefully next will be Afganimals or Brendan/Rachel, maybe both teams in a surprise double elimination

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    ....I do hope Rachel manages to keep her pants on for the remainder of their time on the show. In some countries/cultures, she could get in real trouble trying something like that. Heck, if she showed her lady parts in public in the U.S., she could have been arrested.
    Don't worry, it would be blurred.

Brenchel did run into karma though with their raft construction - Rachel commenting that the team in front of them did a shoddy job. That raft went down the river just fine, while Brenchel's fell apart.

The Afghanimals must have been reading internet comments after their last race because they are not going to play dirty - so far - and have left off the Yi-Yi-Yi for Yee-Haw like the Cowboys. Speaking of...another easy leg for them even with having to re-do the first task.
    wannasee likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

How come the Afgahnimals had trouble in the river after completing their task while the Cowboys were so calm paddling through? Was there a part of the river that one should avoid and the Afghanimals just happened to take that path? So instead of them catching up to Father/Son, the Cowboys passed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Twinnies out first! Malory out second! YouTubers out third! This is a dream season!
    I would have preferred Brenchel out to Mark and Mallory, and I don't mind the Youtubers as much as other people, but yeah I'm not unhappy with the boots so far in general.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast