+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 2/23 TAR 24 All-Stars Premiere Episode **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/23 TAR 24 All-Stars Premiere Episode **West Coast Spoilers**

Yeah the twinnies went first. I was hoping they would go first. They were just as annoying on this episode as they were in their season. Now if my wishes were true, Afganimals would go next, the Brendan and Rachel, then maybe Joey and Meaghan but I am split on whether I want Joey and Meaghan to stay in longer because last season I enjoyed watching their behind the scenes videos on their channels, but I am not sure it is worth since he is so annoying. If they don't do the behind the scenes episodes on their channel this time I want them gone right away.

My wife asked f they should rename this season, "The most annoying teams ever."
    Last edited by marauder; 02-24-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    FlyAKite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Not sold on Mallory and Mark yet. It would be so weird being teamed up with someone you barely know. Hopefully Bopper is doing ok. Were Mallory and her Dad on standby just in case someone couldn't go?
    I think - and wish Phil was still doing chats to confirm this or not, that they have at least one or two alternates in case a team becomes ineligible at the start of the race due to medical (which happened here) or them lying to get on the show.

So, I admit I didn't watch all of last night but I did see bits and pieces.

Will say am not surprised the twins were eliminated. When you get that bickering and yelling and telling each other they're stupid, you're going to lose focus. Am not upset they're gone because they can be annoying but AM upset they're gone because they actually are a team that usually works well together.

Am sad for Bopper, but have to give him huge kudos for telling Mark TO race, as Mark didn't want to race because he didn't want to leave Bopper behind as they had so much fun together last race. Major props to both of them for that reason, and yes, I personally will miss the duo working together because they had so much humor about what they went through. My favorite scene was when they attempted the express pass where they had to shave their heads, and Bopper, after a moment's pause (I'm sure to do a comparison to Rachel's refusal), said "Heck, let's do it" in a joyful manner. They didn't get to the mat in time (thanks to being so far ahead and sadly the ONE time they do a speedbump that is actually a longer one - painting dancers), but it still was a funny and touching moment.

Mallory I'm OK with paired up with Mark because she'll respect him and the reverse, but it isn't the same quite honestly without Bopper. I wish him well and hope he's feeling better.

Joey and Meghan... Well, Joey is STILL loud and over the top, but they're fun to watch.

Loved Flight Time's comment about the outfit and wondering how Big Easy would've fit into it (I wonder though if this was a roadblock Big Easy wouldn't have been able to compete in, i.e. that carnival ride where he was just too tall).

Not a bad start to the season, but I do wish they had considered holding off showing it for a week because they probably got dinged a bit due to the Olympics closing ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And the great thing about the cowboys winning the Express Passes is this . . . given that they have always shown integrity and independence, they're not going to be like a certain couple last season who waves it in front of everyone at every opportunity to use as a club to demand help. I honestly think (hope) they'll give it to someone equally deserving. Mark/Mallory or Conner/Dave.
    I really hope they give it to Connor/Dave (my favorite couple) or Mark/Mallory because I agree they are both equally deserving. I wonder if based on the previews they will give it to the Country girls who seemed to be flirting with them about it. Guess we will find out and I know the previews don't always turn out like they seem.

I like so many of you were glad to see the Twins eliminated. I agree with Fanny as well about acting like they didn't really want to be there. They were worse then ever.

I hate that this show is always pre-empted for something and for those of you who guessed golf you were correct. Luckily, I had my TV on and when I saw that golf was on I figured it would be a late start. Just wasn't sure how late.

It was fun in the beginning to catch up with the real lives...such as one of the Afghanimals is now married, one of the couples is engaged and Brenchel married. I also liked seeing the UCLA Marching Band and when they played the fight song, Brendon yelled fight, fight, fight in the right place (UCLA is where he goes to school.)

Love those cowboys/don't love those twinnies. Each placed just where I wanted them to place. I'm sorry for Bopper (my grandfather died from pancreatitis) and hope he gets well. I don't know if Mark/Mallory can find their "couple" balance in time to stay on the race for very long.

A great start...even Luke didn't annoy me too much...but the race is just starting.
    holly71, sweetpea and FlyAKite like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

IS Racheal going to yell, WTG husband all the way through it? I do hope not
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Afghanistan is the country. They are Afghans. They speak Persian which is why people tend to confuse them with Iranians. They are one of my favourite teams. They are loud but not rude to the people of the countries they visit.

I really dislike the older mum. She annoys me.
    Punkin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Afghanistan is the country. They are Afghans. They speak Persian which is why people tend to confuse them with Iranians. They are one of my favourite teams. They are loud but not rude to the people of the countries they visit.

I really dislike the older mum. She annoys me.

Sorry that came out of no where like a brain fart. I was reading away and became overcome with the need to clarify something.
    Punkin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    My wife asked f they should rename this season, "The most annoying teams ever."
    The only teams that don't annoy me are the Cowboys, Globetrotters, Mark & Mallory (poor Bopper!), and Dave & Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm sorry for Bopper (my grandfather died from pancreatitis) and hope he gets well. I don't know if Mark/Mallory can find their "couple" balance in time to stay on the race for very long.
    I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to race with someone you barely know!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    IS Racheal going to yell, WTG husband all the way through it? I do hope not
    Yes, but only during those times when she isn't doing her no-tears, fake crying routines. And could somebody please, please make her
    put on a decent pair of shorts? Has she no mirror?

I'm so glad the Twinnies are gone.

And yes, twas golf that caused the delay.
    FlyAKite likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I don't know some of the teams, but like, the couple with Brenchel on their shirts, they hop from Reality TV show to Reality TV show? How does that even work? Aren't most people that get on such a show lucky to be the show, and she makes a habit of repeatedly visiting them? And in her flashbacks all she did was cry like a whiny kid. A lot of people are apparently annoyed by them, because they are all over the place. Well, I haven't seen them before this episode, and I'm already annoyed by them. The only thing I regret over the Twinnies going home is that it wasn't them.

So yes, glad the twinnies are out. Brenchel couple next, please. Don't mind any of the other teams as much... yet.

The Afghanimals have the problem that they're not aware how much they infringe on the personal space and comfort of the people around them. They are a real friendly bunch, and jokes aside, aren't out there to hurt anyone. They're just often not aware how bothersome they are to the people around them. I also don't think it's fair to assume that because they made a few lies during the game, that they're lying and deceiving bastards IRL. It's a game, deceiving your opponent is part of the game, and IMHO therefor quite acceptable within the parameters of the game.

The Mark and Mallory team is sorta interesting because it's a totally different chemistry. They're squashed together into a team and have to find to work together rather than going with someone they've known well and planned with. I do think it'll hinder them a bit in the long run, but it'll be interesting to watch. As for going/not going, keep in mind that Mark was already all prepped up to get ready, took his days off, etc... Preparing to participate in TAR is a lot of work, might as well go through with it.
    Punkin and wannasee like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

It was a great first episode for me! We got rid of a few annoying people right away. I was never a fan of Bopper and Mark so I'm glad he wasn't able to participate and I was thrilled when the annoying Twinnies were the first team out. I was praying the first episode wasn't a non-elimination round and I got my wish!

I couldn't place who Mallory was. I thought maybe she was a friend or relative of Bopper but then I read on Wikipedia this morning that she had run the race previously with her dad. I just don't remember her. She obviously didn't make much of an impression then.

I'm rooting for the Cowboys or Dave and Conner to win.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

+ Reply to Thread