+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Brendon & Rachel - All Stars

Re: Brendon & Rachel - All Stars

I feel the two of them have matured (especially Rachel) since they fell madly in love during BB. I wasn't their biggest fan at the time. But I see them now and have to hope all their dreams come true. They might be annoying to many, but neither are bad or mean spirited people. I wish I had a faithful and loving husband when we were a young married couple. Carefully planning and waiting until they are ready in every way to start a family sounds admirable to me.
    Arielflies, GabbyG and Midol like this.

Depending on where they want to buy a home, $500,000 wouldn't go very far, especially since they had to pay taxes on it, so the amount she actually won would be considerably less. I can see how they would want the AR money to be comfortable enough to settle into a home and start a family. I had twins and we didn't have a lot of spare cash. We made it work, but it was tough and we were only able to buy a home with the help of family.

Plus, if Brenden is in grad school, there's likely debts from that as well.
    Valar Morghulis

I think she has matured, but I also think she has a kind edit .I know at what point they started to bicker, and they cut her off. OTOH, they all bicker, its the AR! you either want to kiss or kill your better half at the end . I have seen worse couples than these two
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Back when Brendan was a serious grad student in physics (aka not one who takes months off, even in summer, to be on reality shows!), he would have had his tuition paid and gotten a stipend to live on...physics students are usually among the better paid of grad students (not that it would compare with winning AR money, but if he lived frugally he'd be fine. Plus physics grad students can usually get jobs when they finish...in physics, on Wall St., in companies or colleges). He may have had to be a TA or run a lab section for it, or he might just have had to do research. No one is going to take a student seriously as a researcher who stops what he's doing every few months and disappears, so he may not be being supported anymore. Also there's usually a limit, like 7 years, by which you have to be up or out...and I don't know how many years he'd been in grad school back when this all started.

However, I'm all for the m waiting to have kids!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have no clue as to whether or not she means it. It's just typical of what the two of them would say-- over and over again. Strangely enough, people have been having babies for centuries without having won any amount of money.
    LOVE this comment. They're spoiled and entitled... and trying to convince the world their 'needs' are greater than anyone else. Not a great way to enter parenthood, in my opinion.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    LOVE this comment. They're spoiled and entitled... and trying to convince the world their 'needs' are greater than anyone else. Not a great way to enter parenthood, in my opinion.
    I do believe they are joking. It is their shtick this season. Every team has something that the producers repeat at nauseum. The dating couple are constantly bringing up that they left last time with the express pass in their pocket. How many times have Dave and Connor brought up that they left because of an injury? It's like the cowboy hats that the Cowboys wear, or the Globetrotters shirts or Rachel's sparkly green shorts....producer induced/encouraged.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I do believe they are joking. It is their shtick this season. Every team has something that the producers repeat at nauseum. The dating couple are constantly bringing up that they left last time with the express pass in their pocket. How many times have Dave and Connor brought up that they left because of an injury? It's like the cowboy hats that the Cowboys wear, or the Globetrotters shirts or Rachel's sparkly green shorts....producer induced/encouraged.
    I agree Midol. Like all reality shows, this is given to production , with stories and lines .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I suspect they aren't entirely serious about needing a million dollars to start a family. Lots of recently married couples worry about the expense of having a baby, and I got the sense there wasn't any real conflict on the issue, more like teasing. But did she not win at Big Brother? I am not sure how much money they get, but it would be substantial enough to buy a house, I would think. Did they spend it all on their wedding?
    Ha! I'm sure they would have spent a huge part of it on their wedding, if they had actually had to pay for it themselves. But lucky little reality personalities that they are, they had a blow-out extravaganza in 2012 courtesy of My Fair Wedding. And Rachel was a huge PITA to David Tutera through the whole process. She has either undergone some kind of lobotomy since her earlier days, or she is getting a great edit on AR. I am actually not disliking her on the race.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    That's fine... still scares me that they want to have kids at all. Entitled or no, they are extremely annoying to me personally.
    Florimel likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I don't see any problems with them wanting to have kids! They are a married couple, annoying or not, and obviously might want to start a family. We have to remember that we only see a portion of these people's lives and personalities when we watch them on tv. When they aren't racing or doing whatever, they still have to live their lives like the rest of us which means likely buying houses, having kids, paying bills, etc.

I work for a school district and believe me I've seen worse parents out there. We have no idea how they will be as parents. Nobody knows what it is like until they have kids and are thrown to the wolves essentially. Marriage seems to suit Rachel as, according to many who watched her on Big Brother, she seems calmer and more centered. Perhaps having children will be equally beneficial for her as she grows into motherhood
    GabbyG, Midol and sparklete like this.
    Valar Morghulis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast