+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I just finished watching and haven't read any comments. I just want to say to Nicole: Run, don't walk, to a divorce attorney. That man is toxic!

I couldn't believe how abusive he was toward her this leg, and then when she's failing at something because she's over-anxious he can't understand why anxiety would set in. Guess he doesn't know that when you shame someone, their thinking brain turns off.

On a different front, I felt bad for the Afghanimals. They had used such great strategy to get ahead and had ripped through all of the activities, including their speed bump. It was so sad that Leo put together the robot so quickly but couldn't figure out what he'd done wrong.
    Bucky, Arielflies, justCoz and 4 others like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I am sure this is how Travis talks to Nicole all the time. He was too familiar with it and she seemed to take it and not talk back. I can only imagine what their home life is like. But they both have to be honest, if it was not for Amy they would have been out a long time ago and definitely would not have been in the F3.
    Miss_Griss, Bucky, justCoz and 4 others like this.
    There's no place like home!

The World Series and the now this!!! Boston Strong!!!!!
    tarfan77, xcptnl and TripleGemini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am sure this is how Travis talks to Nicole all the time. He was too familiar with it and she seemed to take it and not talk back. I can only imagine what their home life is like. But they both have to be honest, if it was not for Amy they would have been out a long time ago and definitely would not have been in the F3.
    She looked so sad and defeated when they took off in the helicopter. She knew she had done badly, she said she was anxious, and all the time, not one word from him. As much I disliked Pinky , at least they communicated. If I had a marriage like Travis and Nichole, if I were her, I would leave as soon as soon this played out on TV. She can do much better than him!
    Bucky, Moontat and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

As my mother would say, Travis & Nicole's next TV appearance might be on Investigation Discovery. . . .

What a creep Travis is. You can tell he browbeats her all the time, and she responds with panic and apologies. It's pathetic. I would have liked to drive that lost ice pick through his pea-sized brain. Obviously he didn't care that his children, all of their friends and extended family, were going to watch him disparage his wife, cut her down, and basically treat her like garbage. What a fun marriage that must be. Yikes.

I was hoping that for all his crowing about being the "strong one" on the team (the "good" to her "bad" according to him), he would be the reason they lost. But nope, now I'm sure it just reinforces his belief that she's useless. Is it too much to hope that watching himself on tv might prove to be an eye opener for him, and lead to a change in behaviour?

Happy with the winners. Impressed with how Marie rocked that robot-building task. It took me ages to pick my jaw up off the floor after hearing about Marie's 60/40 deal with Tim. At first I laughed thinking she was joking, but then he admits it? Yowza.

Amy is a sweetie who deserved to have her good karma come back and repay her.
    Bucky, GabbyG, Moontat and 2 others like this.
    Valar Morghulis

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Preview is fascinating. Since the faces were shown, it is no longer a spoiler. Rachel whining that she doesn't want to cut her hair - priceless. However, that means India is on the itinerary for next season (Feb) - Boo!

Out of the three, Boston was the more pleasant of the final three so I'm glad they won.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Shoot! I missed the preview! We DVR'd the show and it must have cut out just before they showed the preview.
    Valar Morghulis

The only team I didn't despise by the end was Jason/Amy, so I'm glad they won. They demonstrated that you could treat competitors decently and still win. Good for them.

I wasn't sorry to see Leo/Jamal leave; I had as much of their noise and boorish behavior as I could stand and if they are in the next one, I'll be fast forwarding through that.

Travis proved only that he is an abusive man. It was obvious how small he made Nicole feel and whatever he tried to say to make it look better fell flat as a pancake. She's an E.R. physician, just as he is, and is hardly an incompetent loser. He's probably browbeaten her enough so that she doesn't think she can stand on her own without him. That's a pity.

But the one who confirmed just how vile a person she is every step of the way was Marie. Tim was an idiot for signing that 60/40 agreement. He threat not to take him along was empty; it was the last day to get their names in and she had no on else to bring. She's utterly disgusting and he's brainless. Sorry they finished second; there were several other pairs that I felt deserved it more..
    Bucky, Uncle David and Moontat like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

What I wanted to hear at the final Pit Stop...

Travis: "Nicole, I'm sorry I was such a ass! Can you forgive me?"
    Nicole: "I want a divorce!"
    Moontat, Duckyface and Midol like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread