+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wouldn't team up with another team, hubby and I agree on that .
    I never say never, but, as a general rule, I agree. You never know who's going to get the lucky break and pass you during a leg. How disappointed would Amy have been if Nicole had beaten her out of $1,000,000 after Amy helped her in two challenges.

Fortunes turn on a dime in TAR. Run your race, do the best you can, and hope the gods smile upon you.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I never say never, but, as a general rule, I agree. You never know who's going to get the lucky break and pass you during a leg. How disappointed would Amy have been if Nicole had beaten her out of $1,000,000 after Amy helped her in two challenges.

Fortunes turn on a dime in TAR. Run your race, do the best you can, and hope the gods smile upon you.
    I agree, I kept thinking that might happen with Amy and Jason .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I like when people enjoy the race, however I did feel that the animals took it too far.

They were not only loud and obnoxious and thoughtless of, if not mean to, other teams, but constantly grabbing people. While they were expressing their joy they were not thinking of other people's cultures or personal feelings. I have several friends who, for various reasons, don't like to be touched by strangers, much less picked up and twirled around by them. In some cultures it is just very disrespectful to women who are not allowed by their religion to be touched by men other than their husbands or brothers. For most people who don't like being touched it's merely uncomfortable, but for some with certain past experiences, being grabbed by a stranger can be a very bad experience that causes problems for days or weeks afterwards.

The animals seemed to give no thought to how others might feel. Now of course there are teams that routinely hug people on the race and I think they too should be aware of others personal feelings, beliefs and personal space. Open your arms to them, look for their reaction and allow them to decide whether they wish to participate in the hug or not. Showing thoughtfulness to others is never a bad thing.
    Bearcata, TripleGemini and Moontat like this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Doc is just so annoying...cutting up his wife...of course, she is a rather bossy herself. Still needs help from Amy and her boyfriend is getting pissed...not that I blame him.
    In his defense, Mr. Doc is an attending in the ER. That means he's a teacher, and when they met he was her teacher. To add to it, he's an ER teaching doctor. That means he has to yell or people die. So I'm sure now he does it and doesn't even realize he's doing it. It's like second nature because of his job.

I actually liked them. I respect the non-20 somethings who come on this race and do well despite obvious physical shortcomings. The team I didn't like was Pinky and No Brain. To think she used extotrion to get him to split 60/40 on all winnings just makes me ill. Of course she also tried to extort the express pass so I shouldn't be surprised. She's a major league beyotch and I hope they never ask them back.
    Florimel likes this.
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    In his defense, Mr. Doc is an attending in the ER. That means he's a teacher, and when they met he was her teacher. To add to it, he's an ER teaching doctor. That means he has to yell or people die. So I'm sure now he does it and doesn't even realize he's doing it. It's like second nature because of his job.

I actually liked them. I respect the non-20 somethings who come on this race and do well despite obvious physical shortcomings. The team I didn't like was Pinky and No Brain. To think she used extotrion to get him to split 60/40 on all winnings just makes me ill. Of course she also tried to extort the express pass so I shouldn't be surprised. She's a major league beyotch and I hope they never ask them back.
    I worked with ER docs, and they were never condensing @!!**@@ss like this dude was
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, I kept thinking that might happen with Amy and Jason .
    That's definitely a risk especially because, as mentioned above, you never know when another team will catch a lucky break. But Amy explained her reasoning (or maybe it was a rationalization): Because Nicole had a tendency to melt down during challenges, Amy was hoping to use that to her advantage in the final leg. It's a tough call, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112