+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I would like to see Leo and Jamal race again, I enjoyed them. I enjoyed how each leg, or each country was a delight for them. Far better than Travis, who ruined this season as far as I'm concerned.
    Punkin, Minney and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would like to see Leo and Jamal race again, I enjoyed them. I enjoyed how each leg, or each country was a delight for them. Far better than Travis, who ruined this season as far as I'm concerned.
    I give you they could be very joyous but also rather mean.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I give you they could be very joyous but also rather mean.
    I never saw mean, not like Travis or Pinky mean. Did they lie to the others? yup, suck it up its a race one million dollars.
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Travis looks... odd without a beard. It wasn't as notice-able with all the make-up on during last episode but his face doesn't go well with bearless.

That Travis would be badmouthing his wife came as no surprise. However, when she dropped her pick and had to climb up with only a single pick, he explained in the camera how really hard that was, but when she finally got up, he didn't even bother complimenting her for making it with only one pick. Nope, he was just shouting at her to get to the next task...

The phone cell suits... While I agree that Amy looks good in a bikini, hers seemed like something she would wear to the beach, while Travis probably wouldn't want to be seen dead in his.

According to Wikipedia, Amy, Marie and Nicole did 7 roadblocks each, while Jason, Tim and Trevor did 6 roadblocks each. Trevor must've done pretty much all his roadblocks early on, because the only roadblock he had done in the later half of the season was cook some eggs, and he failed miserably at that.

As a funny sidenote, I just noticed that all three females finished in alphabetical order, and all three males finished in alphabetical order.

I'm happy with the winners, of both the first and the second half of the episode. For the first half, it meant Tim and Marie had two trips, one each. If they had only one trip, we can pretty much assume Marie would end up getting it, so the end result was Tim getting a trip. Tim definitely earned himself a trip after TAR with Marie.

For the final winners, Trevor didn't win, and Marie didn't win, so I'm happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yes. If anyone wants to know the supposed cast, let me know. The actual cast is listed in the TAR24 spoiler thread on a later page but there are also boot spoilers, which maybe should have been kept separated.
    I certainly wouldn't mind to. It's often hard to get the spoilers you're interested in without the spoilers you're not interested in.

I never saw mean, not like Travis or Pinky mean. Did they lie to the others? yup, suck it up its a race one million dollars.
    They were never mean to each other. They also weren't ever intentionally mean to the other teams or bystanders, though I do admit that Leo's general behavior can come across as pretty annoying.

They lied because they thought it would give them an advantage in the race, though they rarely thought things through, and usually it ended up against them. The other three teams at the end schemed just as much as them, as you can see at the start of this episode.
    NCLurker and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    They were never mean to each other. They also weren't ever intentionally mean to the other teams or bystanders, though I do admit that Leo's general behavior can come across as pretty annoying.

They lied because they thought it would give them an advantage in the race, though they rarely thought things through, and usually it ended up against them. The other three teams at the end schemed just as much as them, as you can see at the start of this episode.
    I liked AR much more when we didn't have these stupid alliances, I mean an alliance of 6. . Leo was a bit of a showboat- Jamal took it all in stride, I think he's pretty easy on the eyes as well
    Punkin, waywyrd and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so relieved that Pinky and the Brain didn't win. She's a disgusting human being--making an uneven split with him beforehand about the prize money and then bragging about it like it's so funny. I'm glad they're no longer together. He can do so much better than her. I wish he had chosen a different partner for the race instead of caving into her demands. At least he has a good attitude.

I honestly didn't think Travis & Nicole would make it to the finale after their poor performance in the first leg of the race. I really thought they would be one of the first teams out. I think it was just dumb luck that they managed to get so far.

Jason and Amy were the only team left that I liked so I'm thrilled that they won!!!

I'm with Fanny Mare in that I don't like it when teams form alliances and a sucky team makes it further in the game than they should, being pulled along by their allies. I wish the show wouldn't allow them to help each other.
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

FORT Regular

Of the final 4 teams, I'm happy with the winners. I could NOT stand the Afghanimals...how damn annoying! SHUT UP for a few minutes! And Marie was a DISGUSTING person to have to watch.

I found it interesting that Phil asked Nicole and Travis what their kids would think when they watched the show. Here is what their kids saw...they saw their dad treating their mom like she was not only an idiot, but also a child. And she seemed weak and just looked down and took it...and then appologized. She was not good at the challenges, especially at the end. But treating your spouse like that shows what kind of person he is.
    Punkin, Florimel, monie and 1 others like this.

Yes, Leo and Jamal were mean, not at the level of Travis and Pinky. Mean and lying are not the same thing. Leo and Jamal chose to lie as part of the strategy they were using to play the game of Amazing Race. I don't think it was a very effective strategy for them as it never seemed to get them any kind of advantage in the race except to get to give the other racers a reason not to like them and to use their "Lying" as a reason to U Turn them.

As for being mean. Jamal countless times berated Leo during a challenge. Jamal also was very quick to call the other teams names but he was playing to the cameraman and therefore to the audience. Him calling Amy and Nicole "Dumb and Dumber" during the robot building challenge was a bit much. Jamal and Leo were very vocal in their disdain of other players and they came across very arrogant. So, yeah, I call that mean and mean spirited as I felt it wasn't meant in a friendly joking manner. Jason and Travis where also guilty of this especially when Amy and Nicole where not completing a challenge as quickly as Jason and Travis thought they should.
    Florimel and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post

Jamal, longer, curly hair, was very joyous when he did well completed a task but he also had a very short temper and he let it go on his cousin Leo, the one with the very short cropped hair and slightly receding hairline. Jamal also was very derisive commenting on the other racers. Yes, both were respectful of the bystanders and the cultures they were in, I did get the impression that Jamal likes to be the center of attention (and he also was very quick to anger) and Leo was constantly trying to rein him in.
    holly71 and Florimel like this.

+ Reply to Thread