+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Re: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

I"m not so sure why Jason and Amy helped Nicole and Travis. Do they have an alliance with them? I think N&T would have been eliminated if it were not for the help. She has no clue what she was doing. As for Travis, it was partly his fault so he should be mad at himself. He should have done the roadblock knowing that he's the musically educated half of that relationship. One cannot always assume that another team will not be there soon enough to beat them. Play through your strengths and you cannot relax in a race for a million dollars. Tim and Marie did the right thing. Marie almost did the roadblock until she convinced Tim to do it because he's the one with musical knowledge.

I don't know why Nicole was asking for the Afghanimals' help. She can't expect to help them after U-turning them in the last leg. That's really lame and low. Learn to accept the consequences of your actions. Right now, I like the Afghanimals or Jason/Amy team to win. As for the Ice Queens, one said that the bird detour would be easier and then the other said let's do the elephants. WTH! What kind of logic was that?! I knew the elephants would be longer to do especially since you have to haul those fruits in that flat cart. The birds would be more unpredictable but it's easier. They should have switched detours right away when they made the mistake of looking for the cart or even when they couldn't bring the sugar canes.
    Punkin and tinderbox like this.

FORT Newbie

Yeah...passive aggressive much? It really made me uncomfortable. The other thing that really bugged me about them is that they were all about preaching to the afghanimals (that was really hard to type) about being "honest" and "playing the game honestly" all this time and then she spends how much time and energy chasing down one of the "enemies" to steal their design of the musical instrument. Does anybody else find that hypocritical?
    Punkin, Arielflies and tinderbox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Do you mean the Granimals and the Docs or just the Docs?
    Oh, it's just the joyless, hypocritical docs I don't like. I like the Animals well enough, even though the showboating and silliness are a bit over the top sometimes. At least they're fun to watch!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Jamal was irritated with Leo for his running around at that last challenge. He ate up a lot of time showboating before and after he won.

I cut them all slack when tempers flare. We have all been there with our husbands or children and a million dollars was not even at stake! Abuse is an overly used word. I don't like the docs but I sure understood Travis irritation with Nicole. She irritates me and I don't even know her!

Priceless- the clip from a previous episode with Nicole talking about setting a good example for their children! Good job editor! Oh to have been a fly on the wall in their living room as they watched with their kids!

The guy on the finish mat with Phil looked like Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office)! Indonesia conjurs images of women in exotic dress! It was hysterical.

I like the Afganimals. They are having a good time and that is fun to watch. They are definately too loud, though!

It was time for the ice girls to go though I was hoping to see the docs leave, big time.

Chilling thought but Pinky could win this thing.
    Punkin and GabbyG like this.

....but she'd been there over an hour. (I couldn't believe Nicole was actually complaining about how long she'd spend on the task)

also I really want to like Jason and Amy but in Abu Dhabi he made some type of an "as an American I don't appreciate Muslim countries" type of comment and then on the way to Indonesia he asked if the people there would be Chinese or Indian.
    Punkin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I think Nichole was totally over thinking it. She couldn't get outside of her own mind( head) plus she knew hubby was on the sidelines being grumpy.

The only couple that seem to move from one task to another is Pinky and Tim. I do wonder if they win this( shudder) I don't like anyone for the win, except perhaps the Afganimals. I think Jamal is sexy
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Nicole will not see that she did or said anything wrong. She had given up on the task and would still be there except for Amy. It would not shock me to see her turn on Jason/Amy in the next leg. Anything to get ahead.
    Punkin and teatime like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by nascar24 View Post
    Yeah...passive aggressive much? It really made me uncomfortable. The other thing that really bugged me about them is that they were all about preaching to the afghanimals (that was really hard to type) about being "honest" and "playing the game honestly" all this time and then she spends how much time and energy chasing down one of the "enemies" to steal their design of the musical instrument. Does anybody else find that hypocritical?
    She was not stealing the design...still she could have looked at anyone elses there were plenty of examples...still I wonder why she didn't hear what her husband was shouting at her? In many of the challenges you have a model to look at and then you replicate it, the date challenge being an example...there is nothing in the rules about looking at other folks stuff...if there was there would be a penalty attached. The reason it is a tad hypocritical is that they are setting themselves up as this example of how you should behave, these examples of morality, you need to be careful about that because it can come back to bit you. Still I understand their animosity toward the Granimals, I do think the Granimals would sell you an overpriced faulty car fully knowing it had issues and not lose sleep over it.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I could tell from the edit (last week and the beginning of this week) that the Dr's "we're so righteous and moral" stance was going to mean a huge fall from their high horse. Nicole chasing after Leo begging to see the finished instrument was so ridiculous. I could not believe first of all that Travis let her do the task since he has the musical background (he did the singing task in Vienna). Then he sits there and gets angrier and angrier with her to which her response was to totally shut down. She had absolutely no clue what she was doing and if Amy had not have helped her she would likely still be there working on it.

Does she tell her children that it's ok to peek at someone else's paper during an exam if they don't know the answer? Is that the honourable thing to do?

The Afghans mugging bugs, but I do appreciate their enjoyment of the race, particularly at the music task in juxtaposition with Travis and Nicole's sour demeanour. Although, Jamal was right to be irritated at Leo, because sometimes that extra minute spent acting like a goofball could make all the difference in getting first place or not. As it was, Tim and Marie were right behind them, so anything could have happened to switch their spots. Have fun, but RAAACCCEEEE.

So at this point I'm pretty much cheering for Tim. Yes, I admit it, I like him. What he's doing with her I have no idea but I like him. I'm ok with Amy and Jason, although I did not like her helping Nicole so much. Jason was right to be irritated with her for how long she spent, considering that yes they could have gotten lost on the way to the pit stop.

I also don't think Jason was being racist in any way when he asked if the people of Indonesia were more Asian or Indian. I think he just honestly didn't know if the country would be more like China or India. Dumb perhaps, but racist, I don't think so. He didn't seem to say it with any spite or ill-intent, at least in my eyes.

The ice-girls were lucky to have made it this far. Hate to say it, but I'd rather see Tim and Marie in the F3 at this point over Travis and Nicole. *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I could tell from the edit (last week and the beginning of this week) that the Dr's "we're so righteous and moral" stance was going to mean a huge fall from their high horse. Nicole chasing after Leo begging to see the finished instrument was so ridiculous. I could not believe first of all that Travis let her do the task since he has the musical background (he did the singing task in Vienna). Then he sits there and gets angrier and angrier with her to which her response was to totally shut down. She had absolutely no clue what she was doing and if Amy had not have helped her she would likely still be there working on it.

Does she tell her children that it's ok to peek at someone else's paper during an exam if they don't know the answer? Is that the honourable thing to do?

The Afghans mugging bugs, but I do appreciate their enjoyment of the race, particularly at the music task in juxtaposition with Travis and Nicole's sour demeanour. Although, Jamal was right to be irritated at Leo, because sometimes that extra minute spent acting like a goofball could make all the difference in getting first place or not. As it was, Tim and Marie were right behind them, so anything could have happened to switch their spots. Have fun, but RAAACCCEEEE.

So at this point I'm pretty much cheering for Tim. Yes, I admit it, I like him. What he's doing with her I have no idea but I like him. I'm ok with Amy and Jason, although I did not like her helping Nicole so much. Jason was right to be irritated with her for how long she spent, considering that yes they could have gotten lost on the way to the pit stop.

I also don't think Jason was being racist in any way when he asked if the people of Indonesia were more Asian or Indian. I think he just honestly didn't know if the country would be more like China or India. Dumb perhaps, but racist, I don't think so. He didn't seem to say it with any spite or ill-intent, at least in my eyes.

The ice-girls were lucky to have made it this far. Hate to say it, but I'd rather see Tim and Marie in the F3 at this point over Travis and Nicole. *shudder*

One I do notice is that folks like to throw out the current PC word a lot without perhaps really know what it means, I hear "racist" and "bully" a lot to the point it diminishes what the word really means.
    NCLurker and Shoepie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread