+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 11/17 TAR 23: Episode 8 ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Re: 11/10 TAR 23: Episode 8 ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I thought it was really dumb of Jason and Amy not to use the UTurn on Team Pinkie.
    Tim and Marie completed the Detour before Jason and Amy did, and Jason and Amy knew that. By the time Jason and Amy arrived at the U-Turn, they must've assumed Tim and Marie to have passed already, making U-Turning them rather pointless. It wasn't until later that they discovered Tim and Marie were running around like headless chickens in search of the U-Turn sign.

Had Jason and Amy U-Turned Tim and Marie, meaning the Bunnies would not have been U-Turned, it might've been a totally different ballgame, but I expect we would still have seen the Bunnies go home. They arrived dead last at the Detour, and were already doing the longer half of the Detour on their own. (Only the Afghanimals and the Bunnies were doing them, and it seemed to take them way longer than any team doing the camels.) The Bunnies also still had their Speedbump, so I think Tim and Marie would've caught up with them, but we can never be sure.

I also assumed that this was the last chance for the Docs to use the Express Pass. They probably would've saved it for later, if they found themselves arriving first at the Detour. It was a bit of a waste for them, as they were already in first place, but not using it would've meant they fully wasted it. From what I understood, it wasn't the Docs' issue that the Afghanimals had U-Turned the beards, but that they lied about it. Why the Afghanimals would lie about it, is still beyond me. Either way, it's rather hypocrite. Now if they had U-Turned the Afghanimals because they thought the Afghanimals as a threat...

Did anyone notice that this season started with 5 M/M teams and only 2 F/F teams, and that the number of M/M teams was reduced to 1 before the first F/F team bit the dust? Up to the start of this episode, 9 men went home, and only a single woman, so there were actually more women in the race than men, despite the race starting with 6 more men than women.

So now we got 2 couples, 1 ex couple, and 2 teams that are playing couples. Some kind of couple is bound to win now.

Also, do the last few legs feel really short to anyone else, or did I just get too used to the length of the Australian legs?
    Last edited by Thels; 11-18-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Re: 11/17 TAR 23: Episode 8 ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Does anyone else think that the Bunnies and the Ice Girls are just not competitive enough to win this race??? Both make way too many mistakes.

I really do not want either the Granimals or Team Pinkie to win this season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am still puzzled as to why the cousins felt the need to lie about using the u-turn on the beards. At that point, they had been u-turned themselves and had little choice but to u-turn another team in the hopes that they would be a few minutes ahead. They had just seen the beards, if I remember correctly, so knew they were behind them. Lying about it gave them no advantage whatsoever, and instead created a situation where the Docs felt the need to teach them a lesson by u-turning the cousins again as payback for the lie.

I was so hoping that Pinky would go, but I find myself warming up a bit to her dense partner. He had some funny lines tonight, and his patience is remarkable. When they finally found the "tower" and Marie snidely said she had suggested it was in the original fort to begin with, I would have completely lost it with her. Either he has the patience of a saint or she's completely destroyed any fight he has left in him. He reminds me a bit of Zach who dragged the horrid Flo around the world, literally at times, without losing his mind.

I would rather have seen the ice girls go before the wives. I just liked the wives better, but I agree, neither are strong racers, and I highly doubt the cheerleaders will bumble their way into the final 3. They are barely hanging in as it is.

The rafting challenge seemed to definitely favour tall guys or girls. Nicole had to literally jump to try to grab a flag, whereas Tim and the Jersey boy just stood up and could easily reach one to pull it down.

At this point, I see the final 3 as the Docs, the Jersey couple, and (ugh) Marie and Tim.

I knew the bunnies would never win TAR this season but I'm sad they were the ones to leave last night.
    Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Does anyone else think that the Bunnies and the Ice Girls are just not competitive enough to win this race??? Both make way too many mistakes.
    It was also quite noticeable when they arrived at the cars. The first four teams all quickly punched in the code, having figured it out before. The Bunnies and the Ice Girls had to figure it out on the spot...

And yeah, I do like Tim. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

Also, there was a lot of discussion about clothing in the thread for last episode, which made me pay a little more attention this episode, and I saw them bare-armed most of the time, even though they're still in the same country.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

The nicknames confuse me. Garanimals and Pinky, I get. I am unsure who ice girls, wives and bunnies are. Help.

I am rooting for the Garanimals!
    GabbyG likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The bunnies are Nicky and Kim. I didn't realize they had a nickname until this last episode. I guess I wasn't paying attention. I looked up why they were called that and it's not because they're former Playmates. Bunny is their nickname for each other.

Ally & Ashley are the ice girls. They're ice-skaters or something. Wikipedia says they're on the NHL Ice Crew.

FORT Fogey

The ice girls are the blondes the Afghanimals refer to as their "race wives." I believe they're cheerleaders for a hockey team, hence the name ice girls. I'm not sure why the bunnies were the bunnies, except that they seemed to refer to each other that way, so perhaps it's some kind of odd friendship thing between the two of them.

Count me in as someone who doesn't understand what advantage the Afghanimals thought they'd have by lying about U-turning the beards. Weren't they the last ones in before the beards? Why didn't they just say what they said to the cameras, which was something along the line of that they liked the beards and hated to do it, but they didn't really have any other choice, because if they didn't they stood a good chance of being eliminated themselves? You'd think pretty much everyone would have understood that, and even if they didn't, then it would be on them, not the Afghanimals. Heck, I much preferred the beards to the Afghanimals and didn't like that they were U-turned, but I understood why they were. If I would have blamed anyone, it would have been the show itself, because I've never really liked the idea of U-turns, and the producers came up with that, not the racers.

As for what they showed in the previews next week, they either need to set up better rules for tasks--like setting things up so no one can see what anyone else is doing--or make it clear that people are going to copy off their competitors without any penalties. Personally, I'd prefer that they set up better rules, but what really ticks me off is when people give answers, directions etc. to a select few they wish to keep in the race. If they want to work together on a task, okay, but they shouldn't be allowed to just pass answers on to teams that are behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I knew the bunnies would never win TAR this season but I'm sad they were the ones to leave last night.

I don't find either girl team very strong ( I didn't choose them for my pool) I don't care if the Garanimals lied about the U- turn, if that bothered me, I would sound like the Doctors
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

This is my least favorite reality show. That is because most of these tasks could be performed anywhere. We and they get very little of the taste of the culture. And it exhausts me! I have no problem with the U turns or alliances. Bungie jumping is not a huge interest of mine since it happens everywhere there is a bridge, old news. Race cars? What does that have to do with the culture of that country, wherever it was.

I would like to see a race here in the states that is a scavenger hunt along with some challenges. More puzzles and brain work with less of the physical feats. There would be more car travel and less airpot scenes though there would have to be some, of course. Tourism would increase in the areas of particular interest and it is within the grasp of most Americans to travel there. And it would allow people who are not athletic to compete.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast