Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 11/03 TAR 23: Episode 6 - Choir Boy At Heart *SPOILERS*

11/03 TAR 23: Episode 6 - Choir Boy At Heart *SPOILERS*

Episode delayed. Starts at 8:30 EST
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/03 TAR 23: Episode 6 - Choir Boy At Heart

Amy: "Vienna, Austria. That's where The Sound of Music is!"

Isn't Salzburg where The Sound of Music was filmed? Or maybe she just meant Austria was the country in which the film was made.

Why are the Afghanimals lying about U-turning Adam and Brandon? If they just said what they'd said to the cameras--that they considered they didn't want to do it but felt they had to or they'd be the ones going home...well, who would blame the for that?
    Midol and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Nice that one of the Okie boys appreciated the beauty of the theater,because he'd never seen a theater like that. I always like it when teams appreciate something outside of their experience.

FORT Fogey

I think I could do the detail aspect of the masks, but trying to identify them while the people wearing them were waltzing around me might make me dizzy.

FORT Fogey

Oh, wow. A roadblock I might actually be able to do. I've taken German in school, my mother was from Germany, and I've sung in choirs since I was in grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Oh, wow. A roadblock I might actually be able to do. I've taken German in school, my mother was from Germany, and I've sung in choirs since I was in grade school.
    I think this is one of the most difficult challenges ever. Not physical but mastering a new language (for most) and getting the beat and rhythms right is really difficult.

It was also the most painful to watch/listen to. These people suck at singing. I think the maestro was being kind at the end...he didn't want to listen to them any more. I bet he had a headache after that afternoon.
    holly71, wannasee, Babbred and 1 others like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

FORT Fogey

I can't believe that many racers could be so non-musical. The language thing I understand, but you'd think more of them would be able to carry a relatively simple tune--and since they had the ability to write out the words phonetically, they could have just done that too. Unless it's stage fright, which I could see making people nervous, although they agreed to go on a TV show, so they must know everything they do gets watched.

I did think the key was a bit unfair, however. The ER doc might have been able to get it the first time had it not been out of his range--and then dropping it an octave put it out of his range at the other end of the notes, though they let it go.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think this is one of the most difficult challenges ever. Not physical but mastering a new language (for most) and getting the beat and rhythms right is really difficult.

It was also the most painful to watch/listen to. These people suck at singing. I think the maestro was being kind at the end...he didn't want to listen to them any more. I bet he had a headache after that afternoon.
    Can you imagine what the boys in the choir were thinking? Or talking about after everyone left....

I hope they don't think all Americans sound like that.

FORT Fogey

You know, this is the kind of roadblock that some people simply might never be able to complete. If they really, truly can't carry a tune, the singing teacher is not going to be able to solve that issue in a matter of hours.
    holly71, Duckyface and Babbred like this.

Yup...let's face it, they had to let things go or nobody would have finished the challenge. It was painful to watch and listen to.

I did enjoy the enthusiasm from the Afganimals when the one singing grabbed the maestro, picked him up and twirled him around because he was so happy he finished.

On the other end we have the b*tch herself. She is a piece of work. Her partner didn't want to take the dating couples cab but she just had to. I hope Karma is not kind.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast