+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 11/03 TAR 23: Episode 6 - Choir Boy At Heart *SPOILERS*

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 11/03 TAR 23: Episode 6 - Choir Boy At Heart *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Which I thought was very cool of them.
    These gals are NOT snits. They are competitive but polite AND sweet, all wrapped into one. Or is that two?
    With all the hatefulness and back-stabbing we see on these reality shows, I appreciate some good sportsmanship. Besides, they STILL came in 2nd. Good for them, I say!
    And had they actually taken the cab, they could have come in first. That shows that they put sportsmanship ahead of winning. That impressed me.

I grew up in the MLB and I've known a lot of players wives. I was expecting a couple of spoiled rich snobs. These girls are not that. A lot of the ones I've known came to the park in $1500 suits from Saks that they refused to re-wer carrying designer handbags and noses full on in the air. I don't see that in these 2. Maybe they should get their own reality show after this to correct the stereotype that Anna Benson has put in America's minds all these years........

Side note: Shame on the editors for spoiling one part of this week's episode. We knew they'd get to the FF and have problems because of the previews for this week's show.
    Last edited by yourefired; 11-04-2013 at 03:19 AM.
    cubsfan55, wannasee and Jaceegirl like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Wow, I'm fairly musical, so the challenge seemed not-so-challenging to me...but if someone can't hold a note, no amount of coaching was going to get them there. I thought for sure, because of that, it would be a non-elimination leg, so I was really disappointed. OK guy gave it his best and they were gracious at the mat. The cab-stealing thing...maybe it wouldn't have looked quite so bad if the BB wives hadn't opted not to go for the driver tossing the bags. As is, looked very classless...and I love the "pinky and the Brain" tag! ;-)
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Wow, I'm fairly musical, so the challenge seemed not-so-challenging to me...but if someone can't hold a note, no amount of coaching was going to get them there. I thought for sure, because of that, it would be a non-elimination leg, so I was really disappointed. OK guy gave it his best and they were gracious at the mat. The cab-stealing thing...maybe it wouldn't have looked quite so bad if the BB wives hadn't opted not to go for the driver tossing the bags. As is, looked very classless...and I love the "pinky and the Brain" tag! ;-)
    I agree - I totally thought it would be a non-elimination leg.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Thanks, but I record too many other shows on Sundays to be able to do that, particularly Revenge, which overlaps Good Wife.

Whatver I can't see or DVR, I catch later in the week On Demand.

Back to TAR -- is cab-stealing really that big a deal? Especially if the driver was the one who offered to dump the bags...
    Stealing a cab may not be such a big thing, however, I think they both picked up on the fact that something was off there and that it was actually the other teams cab. Her attitude is what I can't tolerate at all and that is why I just can't give her a pass. She is an incredibly vile "sandpaper" type of personality! He seems like an okay guy.
    captain, Florimel and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree - I totally thought it would be a non-elimination leg.
    Me too I was very surprised that it was not.

Unusual that the last 2 teams eliminated were all male teams. Only Granimals left in that category.

2 all female teams left: Baseball Wives and Hockey Cheerleaders.

3 mixed teams:

Pinky and No Brain

ER Doctors

The team Pinky was fighting with.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Back to TAR -- is cab-stealing really that big a deal? Especially if the driver was the one who offered to dump the bags...
    Well, in the case of the game, it's happened before. If the bags are outside the cab because the racers did it themselves, I'd say it's fair game, but yes, it makes the ones taking advantage of it look bad.

If the bags WERE inside the cab and the either the other team pulls them out OR the other team gets/persuades the driver to remove the other bags (even if they have already paid to keep him there), THEN I see it as an illegal move and they should've indeed got a penalty.

The *only* penalties I know of for sure regarding cab drivers are that you MUST pay your fee in full and you are NOT allowed to pay them in anything but money. You also cannot get a free ride unless the driver offers it (which is rare but does happen - you can't barter for a free one).

I thought it would be a non elimination leg too.

I am so not musically inclined, I think I would have taken the penalty and not even tried it I am that bad. Luckily if I was racing with my wife she would have gotten through with ease..

That song they were singing is going to go through my head all day now...

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Side note: Shame on the editors for spoiling one part of this week's episode. We knew they'd get to the FF and have problems because of the previews for this week's show.
    Exactly why I never watch the next week's preview. I also hope the previews aren't discussed too much in this thread, as they can sometimes be a big spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree Pinky seems like the type to be use to that. Her going on and on about them not knowing what they would do even though she had been told that they did indeed know reminds me of the way she treats her ex. She appears to want the last say in everything.
    What bothered me most about that was the mindset of "I would steal the cab, so they would do it.", as if everyone else was thinking as dirty as her. She sometimes doesn't even seem to realize what kind of a bitch she is, and that not everyone is such a bitch as herself.

The cab stealing itself was actually not that big a deal to me. If the rules state that you can take a cab if the team's bags aren't in there, and the cab driver goes along with it... You are in a race. Is it the nice thing to do? No. But it's also not the only cab around. If I was in the middle of the pack, I wouldn't have bothered and found my own cab, but if it was a race for last place, I might have.
    Photobabe likes this.

I just don't like Pinky, and I also don't like how much face time she is given!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't care that Pinky took the other team's cab, since their bags weren't in it at the time. I do wonder, though, how that works out for payment. Did Jason and Amy pay the driver already for their previous ride, or were they going to pay for the whole thing when they got to the pitstop? Did they pay the driver to wait or did he just wait, keeping the meter running? It seems to me that if they paid off the driver before going to the challenge, he was free to go and could transport whomever he liked. If he had the meter running for them, he shouldn't have picked up another team. If he did, that team would be paying for time put on the meter by Jason and Amy.

I guess I've never understood how it works on the race when teams keep cabs waiting for them while they complete challenges. I assume they MUST be paying the cabs to stick around because otherwise, they would just leave and go pick up other customers. Wouldn't the cabbie verify who they're waiting for to make sure they pick up the right couple after the challenge?

So, long-story-short, if Jason and Amy have a beef with someone about their taxi being taken, they should be mad at the cabdriver for taking their bags out of the car and giving a ride to another team when he was on standby for them. I don't like Pinky but in this instance, I don't think her team did anything wrong, taking a basically unclaimed cab.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast