+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: 10/27 TAR 23: Episode 4/5 (continuation leg) **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 10/27 TAR 23: Episode 4/5 (continuation leg) **West Coast Spoilers**

Welcome Thels! Glad you've joined us here.

Midol and FannyMare, a belated thanks for info regarding the dating couple.

Regarding the clue left behind by Dofus and Pinky, wasn't that left in another country? Or am I not recalling correctly? That'd be a long boat ride back with Pinky, I'd say... 30 or so hours of hell. One way. lol They should have incurred a penalty, even a half hour. It would have been lovely to see them drop from first to third after they gave that EP away.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

CCL

The "drive the truck forward five feet to get your next clue" task was right before the check-in at the Viking Lodge so it was before the boat ride. I came in a minute late so I missed the actual exchange of information. I would have insisted that Pinky give me the pass straightaway as she could have reneged and not given it on the boat
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    About the ER Doc pushing the elevator buttons. Here's my rather odd take on it: I thought it was rather funny, because the elevator was being used to go DOWN, which honestly, going downstairs is much easier than going up so I think the NFL wife using it (was it them or the ice dancers? argh, can never remember with these all girl teams this year) was just being lazy. Now, if she had been going UP, I would have said it was kind of a jerky thing for him to do. I know, I know, that probably doesn't make sense, but seriously why was she using the elevator to go down, when he was making it down so much faster on the stairs that he could push the button on every floor? She was just being dumb, IMO, especially after she realized he must have pushed the buttons for every floor and she STILL stayed on the elevator.
    She did get off and use the stairs after the elevator opened the second time. And she said that she thought the elevator would be faster than taking the stairs when the male doc started going down the stairs.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4736564/@/
    She did get off and use the stairs after the elevator opened the second time. And she said that she thought the elevator would be faster than taking the stairs when the male doc started going down the stairs.
    I thought it was at least three floors before she got out. If it were me, I know I can run down stairs pretty fast. I wouldn't trust the elevator. What if it got stuck? Yikes!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    AZChristian likes this.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

Midol and FannyMare, a belated thanks for info regarding the dating couple.

Regarding the clue left behind by Dofus and Pinky, wasn't that left in another country? Or am I not recalling correctly? That'd be a long boat ride back with Pinky, I'd say... 30 or so hours of hell. One way. lol They should have incurred a penalty, even a half hour. It would have been lovely to see them drop from first to third after they gave that EP away.
    No. They weren't in another country. It all happened in Norway. When they got to the longhouse, Phil could have told them that they had to go back to the place where they dragged the boulder and get the clue. There was certainly plenty of time. I think there was a wait of several hours before the ferry came. But maybe that's why they didn't do it. In cases where the clue does matter, isn't the protocol that they either have to go back and find it or they can have a 1/2 hour penalty? Since 1/2 hour wouldn't have put them at any great disadvantage, maybe the producers decided it didn't matter.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Well, others were talking in this thread were talking about them winning and shouldn't they have to go back, so I thought I'd mention that going back would mean a long boat ride. I don't see a problem with getting penalized at the finish for not having the clue in Norway, since it was technically a long extended continuation leg anyway. And I agree it would have been pointless to penalize them IN Norway since the boat ride was an equalizer.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I thought it was at least three floors before she got out. If it were me, I know I can run down stairs pretty fast. I wouldn't trust the elevator. What if it got stuck? Yikes!
    When the elevator first stopped on a floor, she immediately suspected he had pressed all the buttons. Soon as it stopped a second time, she was 100% sure and bolted. These buildings were about 6 to 8 floors tall, from what we saw, and some of the apartments seemed to be on the higher floor, so Kim had the right idea in using the elevator to save energy because of all the running around they had to do, and it seemed like the challenge makers had made sure to not have people use the elevator other than contestants (notice the lack of locals anywhere in there besides inside the apartments), so it's not like the elevator was going anywhere else. Travis genuinely seemed to do the button thing just to be a jerk because he didn't think of it first, he could have just taken the elevator with her.
    justCoz likes this.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm with Sweetpea in that I could run down those stairs in half the time it took her in the elevator. I thought it was hilarious when Mr. Doc pressed those buttons, and frankly, I would have done the same thing. As somebody pointed out, it wasn't really sabotage, since the elevator was still moving.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm with Sweetpea in that I could run down those stairs in half the time it took her in the elevator. I thought it was hilarious when Mr. Doc pressed those buttons, and frankly, I would have done the same thing. As somebody pointed out, it wasn't really sabotage, since the elevator was still moving.
    We actually LOL at the elevator it was funny to us, and clever . It's all part of the game
    captain, Hyper, mushybrain and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, others were talking in this thread were talking about them winning and shouldn't they have to go back, so I thought I'd mention that going back would mean a long boat ride. I don't see a problem with getting penalized at the finish for not having the clue in Norway, since it was technically a long extended continuation leg anyway. And I agree it would have been pointless to penalize them IN Norway since the boat ride was an equalizer.
    Ahh. I guess I misunderstood what they were saying. I don't think it would have been fair to penalize them at the very end, since it was something they could have gone back and fixed if they'd been told at the first pitstop in Norway.

Who knows, though, if they could have found that little piece of whatever it was upon going back. Knowing which pile of rocks was theirs and digging through it could have been more of a challenge than we think.

Whatever the deal was, I think it was misleading editing to keep focusing on how they'd left it if it didn't matter, and I've never seen a time when leaving something like that wasn't important (though I haven't watched for the past few seasons).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Thank you for your welcome.

About the missing note, I do think it was significant. Without the clue, they had no idea of where to do. They were missing a vital part, and had to negotiate with the doctors for the right direction, which cost them the second express pass. Even though they didn't have to go back and fetch it, it had a major impact into the game.

About the elevator... It's a big place, and even if taking the stairs would be faster in the short run, taking the elevator would take out less energy. I likely would've taken the elevator myself, just to conserve energy.

The doctor's way of sabotaging seemed rather playful. He was pressing elevator buttons. Elevator buttons are designed and intended to be pressed on a regular basis. Therefor, I cannot really see it as true sabotage, certainly not more than passing the wrong information to another team's cab driver. Placing things in pathways and blocking pathways would be different, as pathways aren't designed to be blocked. Likewise, tampering with another teams gear would be different, as gear is not designed to be tampered with. Had he somehow managed to press the elevator's alarm button, it would be different, as the alarm button is for emergencies only.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789