+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 97
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #51
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,695

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    The first plane there was a delay.

    When they got to San Paulo airport they raced to the gate their plane to Lisbon was at and just missed it.

    So they had to find another plane and flew into London. I think they still had a chance at this point but when they were seated in the plane to leave again they had another delay. At this point I don't know if they were then flying to Madrid and then Lisbon or directly to Lisbon.

    On this show I have mainly seen folks only have one delay or missed flight but unfortunately they had it happen 3 times to them.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #52
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Despite the ending, I liked this week's episode.

    I have more teams to root for now. After last week's sad early elimination of the Bingo Queens I didn't know how I'd feel this week.

  3. #53
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    The facial expressions on the actor who played Magellan were hysterical! "Maybe he took the Panama canal" and the milage answer the white guys gave first!

    I missed the first episode. What is the sob story? May I have the Cliffs notes please?

    I did not understand what the animals were trying to set up, when buying tickets, at the airport that made the white guys nervous. Can anyone explain?
    Duckyface likes this.

  4. #54
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,695

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The facial expressions on the actor who played Magellan were hysterical! "Maybe he took the Panama canal" and the milage answer the white guys gave first!

    I missed the first episode. What is the sob story? May I have the Cliffs notes please?

    I did not understand what the animals were trying to set up, when buying tickets, at the airport that made the white guys nervous. Can anyone explain?
    The one Okie says his has a wife has MS. I don't think of it as a sob story every one on the show has a hook
    holly71, Florimel, Shoepie and 2 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #55
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,574

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

    I did not understand what the animals were trying to set up, when buying tickets, at the airport that made the white guys nervous. Can anyone explain?
    The OK team thought the Afghanimals were setting them up as the pawn ie so if it turned out the flight chosen by the Afganimals was not good it was ok as there were three teams on it and the Afghanimals felt the OK were weakest and they could beat them. Which is actually what the Afghanimals said to eachother when deciding to tell OK about the flight. And OK ended up getting a better flight on their own, so good for them. I don't really like the Afghanimals and their wives. Well, as people they're fine, but I don't like how they're running the race together basically, waiting at the airport to give the other team the flight info, doing the same tasks, running together to the mat...it's a competition, not a dating show.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  6. #56
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,695

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    The OK team thought the Afghanimals were setting them up as the pawn ie so if it turned out the flight chosen by the Afganimals was not good it was ok as there were three teams on it and the Afghanimals felt the OK were weakest and they could beat them. Which is actually what the Afghanimals said to eachother when deciding to tell OK about the flight. And OK ended up getting a better flight on their own, so good for them. I don't really like the Afghanimals and their wives. Well, as people they're fine, but I don't like how they're running the race together basically, waiting at the airport to give the other team the flight info, doing the same tasks, running together to the mat...it's a competition, not a dating show.
    It is also a strategy because if they are the last two teams they feel that they can beat the girls.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #57
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,411

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Afghanimals were uber annoying on the first episode, but since then, they haven't bothered me. I'm still not sure which is which, but the curly haired one seems to be kinda arrogant.
    I also still don't know which of their "wives" is which, as in, I don't know which girl goes with which guy or which one is Ally or Ashley.
    I also don't know on the M/M teams & F/F teams which is Tim or Danny, or Nikki or Kim. I usually don't have that much of a problem figuring out who is who with M/M & F/F teams, but this season I'm really struggling with it for some reason. Although I will say, last season, the two blondes (whose names I can't even remember right now) I never did keep straight who was who! I think it's because they looked so much alike, just like Ally & Ashley do (they look like twins to me!)
    Nikki & Kim look alike to me too, but if I could at least figure out who was the taller one, then I could keep them straight in my head.

    Ok, enough of my yammering on...
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  8. #58
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,834

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    You could be right echo I just saw Midol and Fanny talk about celebrating Thanksgiving today so thought it was today.
    Technically the holiday is today, but lots of people have their big family dinners on the Sunday, so we can relax and east leftovers today.

    Yes, the NFL guys got screwed out of that good flight because the agent put the wrong date in at first. She later called them somehow at the airport to say she had worked out another itinerary to get them there earlier, but it involved two layovers. They decided to take the chance. If they had stuck with the flight she gave them at the agency, they would have likely still been in it and pinky and no-brain would be out.
    mushybrain and Midol like this.
    Valar Morghulis

  9. #59
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,691

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Technically the holiday is today, but lots of people have their big family dinners on the Sunday, so we can relax and east leftovers today.

    Yes, the NFL guys got screwed out of that good flight because the agent put the wrong date in at first. She later called them somehow at the airport to say she had worked out another itinerary to get them there earlier, but it involved two layovers. They decided to take the chance. If they had stuck with the flight she gave them at the agency, they would have likely still been in it and pinky and no-brain would be out.
    I say happy Thanksgiving all weekend. Monday many people work. So Turkey day is on- Amazing Race day!!
    sweetpea and Photobabe like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #60
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,033

    Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Joe and Bill (Team Guido) in the original TAR were the first team to leave the game without reaching the carpet.
    Yes, and they are only one of two teams I know who did not make it to the final mat but were in the finals (at least ones I've seen).

    Will say they did redeem themselves in the All-Stars season, but I have to admit I was happy they didn't finish the first season due to their attitude. I liked them far better their second go.

    Also, I agree with folks saying the NFL team went out with class. I wish that the Texans were as classy as these two were during this current season.
    NCLurker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.