+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 10/6 TAR 23: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/6 TAR 23: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

She put herself in charge. Her ex might be use to her, the others wont put up with it
    holly71 and Florimel like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    When you are out of the US other countries do not follow the same safety standards that we do.
    It doesn't matter what the country legally requires. The show could -- and usually does -- require players to use appropriate protective gear. The people breaking salt rocks were given hard hats, safety glasses and gloves. Handing teams helmets with their bicycles should be a no-brainer.
    NCLurker and cubsfan55 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She put herself in charge. Her ex might be use to her, the others wont put up with it
    No doubt she has seen episodes of TAR where people butted ahead in line. She was trying to keep their lead. In that situation it didn't work.
    Although I agree she is an unpleasant person, I can't fault her for trying to protect their position. Of course, alienating the other teams will most likely cost them later on.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Yeah I kind of feel that US should follow whatever safety standards they would on home soil. Here in Canada you are required by law to wear a bike helmet under the age of 16 but most serious cyclists wear them by choice. You'd think the ER doctors would have commented on it.
    AZChristian likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    No doubt she has seen episodes of TAR where people butted ahead in line. She was trying to keep their lead. In that situation it didn't work.
    Although I agree she is an unpleasant person, I can't fault her for trying to protect their position. Of course, alienating the other teams will most likely cost them later on.
    I don't fault her either PB. But she doesn't get to order the others around, she is very abrasive, that wont work with the others.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Yeah I kind of feel that US should follow whatever safety standards they would on home soil. Here in Canada you are required by law to wear a bike helmet under the age of 16 but most serious cyclists wear them by choice. You'd think the ER doctors would have commented on it.
    I don't agree. In California many riders on the strand do not wear helmets. It is a personal choice. Children have to but adults do not. Helmet use in Europe is not at all widespread among adults and countries like Holland and Denmark have a high percentage of bicyclists.

A lot of Americans feel like being required to wear helmets is a violation of one's constitutional rights in a free country. After all, if one is hurt that person is the one affected. I grew up riding a bike without a helmet and I'm fine. I don't think it's the show's obligation to enforce optional safety standards unless it is lawful in the company where they are.
    Florimel likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I don't agree. In California many riders on the strand do not wear helmets. It is a personal choice. Children have to but adults do not. Helmet use in Europe is not at all widespread among adults and countries like Holland and Denmark have a high percentage of bicyclists.

A lot of Americans feel like being required to wear helmets is a violation of one's constitutional rights in a free country. After all, if one is hurt that person is the one affected. I grew up riding a bike without a helmet and I'm fine. I don't think it's the show's obligation to enforce optional safety standards unless it is lawful in the company where they are.
    What the law does or should require is a whole different debate (although I don't recall seeing anything in the Constitution about bicycles). The point is that the show could tell participants "We don't want you cracking your skull in front of our cameras," and by requiring helmets could set a visual example of safe riding for everyone -- including the kids -- who watches the show.
    Last edited by fan999; 10-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678