+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible future season may include international teams

Possible future season may include international teams

"The Amazing Race 4 debuts tonight, but host Phil Keoghan is already discussing the possibility of a fifth season, one that could include international teams. In an interview, during which he reveals the starting point of the race and first place the teams will visit, "Keoghan admitted there has been a discussion about opening the race to competitors from other countries," the Calgary Sun reports. The fourth season begins at 8 with a 90-minute episode."
    link

How cool would be that!?

FORT Fogey
    Actually, I would prefer just US teams. Remember when The Real World had their "international season" (London). It was easily the most boring season ever.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Hey, if they did accept international teams, I'd be right up there shooting an audition tape.

Actually, I would prefer just US teams. Remember when The Real World had their "international season" (London). It was easily the most boring season ever.
    I have to disagree with you. There have been boring and "interesting" people along the way. (mostly on RR though)

I think it all depends in the casting director(s)
    Look how shows like Survivor and Big Brother with all US cast have been boring sometimes.

The way I see it having teams from other countries would just add more of a culture feeling to an already "culture" show.

But again, it's just wishful thinking

I know this is off-topic, but RW is going international again this season...this time, they'll be in Paris.

Back to the topic at hand, I think adding international teams could be a cool wrinkle in the formula...

I think that it would be great to have international teams. Then every team would have very different advantages, depending on where they go. Does anyone else think it would be funny to have a celebrity version of TAR?
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

FORT Fogey
    Or maybe teams from past reality shows, like Survivor and Big Brother... That would be entertaining to watch...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    No celebrity version please! I really hate watching them. The reason I like reality shows is because they aren't celebs.

As for international....I'm perfectly happy with US teams. I think there are tons of people here that are still untapped that I would like to watch (and when I say "here", I mean at the FORT )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    oh...this would be so cool. I would definately try for it then.

It would be interesting to see how people from each country tackle the race.not to mention ratings for the show will be through the roof internationally.

I'd love to see international teams participate in a series.
    Like BF though, no celebs please.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast