+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Amazing Race 23 Pool

Re: Amazing Race 23 Pool

Love them! Thanks pikachu!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Those are some cool avatars, pik. I'm guessing that there's no way to loop three because of file size, right?
    It might be possible. I'll have to see what I can do.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Thanks. I love the choice of scenery for each of them.

How were the landmarks for each team determined?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I looked up a list of landmarks (this is a good one: 100 Most Famous Landmarks Around the World) and chose the top ones that caught my eye. I tried when possible to match them to teams in a way that made sense, such as Buckeye Brawlers getting the Colosseum. I choose Neuschwanstein as mine because when I was growing up, my mom had a picture of it in our dining room so I had some personal connection to it. A few I changed as I went along.

There were so many landmarks, we could easily do this again for another Amazing Race pool without repeating any landmarks! Next time I could ask people when they register what landmark they want to use.

If anyone wants a different landmark than they got, just let me know and I can make you a different avatar with the landmark of your choice.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-08-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It might be possible. I'll have to see what I can do.
    Not to worry and no hurry. Now that I know how to do it, I'll play around with it a bit.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

pikachu, those are great :-) And I love mine! Thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Not to worry and no hurry. Now that I know how to do it, I'll play around with it a bit.
    I was able to get mine to work with 5 images by reducing the colors and resizing the avatar to 107px.

Thank you very much. I've always wanted to be a princess.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I was able to get mine to work with 5 images by reducing the colors and resizing the avatar to 107px.
    Did you resize each individual gif or just the combined animated one? I've been making each one smaller when I convert it to gif format and then bring the smaller ones into Unfreez. I'm not sure how to reduce the colors, but I'll check it out.

Thanks for your help. It's my belief that continuing to learn new skills helps to stave off senility.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I combined them all first and then used the online image editor program I like to reduce the number of colors and resize it.

I did an avatar for you but didn't have the best results. Maybe I could try it again without the Project Runway avatar to reduce the file size. That pool is almost over anyway.

Here's the one I did for you. I was originally going to highlight each small avatar on the top row as the image changed but decided not to since that might make the file bigger:

+ Reply to Thread