+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting TAR Article

Interesting TAR Article

Check out this great article!

Global Supremacy

Only one more sleep!!!

Interesting. Here's a snippet:

So why hasn't this race -- where not only do the teams have to zip around the world, they have to overcome detours and roadblocks thrown in by the show -- become the hit it deserves to be?

"It's such a fantasy to pack up and travel away. People can sit at home and identify with people like them. It's good clean fun, and that could be its weakness. It's not a train-wreck mentality ... we don't have that one-liner, the train-wreck line," says Keoghan. "But I like the fact that the show is simple and not too complicated."

He also blames bad luck. The first Amazing Race had the misfortune of debuting just before 9/11. The second and third season got lost in a glut of reality programming.

Now, however, the Race is getting the Survivor time slot on Thursday and may finally get the ratings it deserves.

I certainly hope that this time slot will help it get better ratings. It deserves it more than other reality shows that are on the air, imo.

The only thing that I'm afraid of is that this fourth season might be worse than the last three, and cause people to be turned off by it and not want to see it again
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

On the bright side though, I really do wonder whether dedicated fans' feedback about the quality of the show, along with good but certainly not bad ratings in the past have caused CBS to really give this show a chance. A good time slot during summer will really give it a lot of exposure. Maybe CBS heard our calls about how the show deserves so much better and gave it more of a chance? Well it would be nice if it were like that, but it probably isn't
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

On the good news side, just about every team entered this time around should have a very good idea of what will be expected of them. That should lead to strong competition.

On the potentially bad side, the producers definately focused their selections on some key demographics. Those teams need to perform well, or the ratings will not be there.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    I heard on a radio ad that they have better editors this year, so the show should be better than ever and easier and more exciting to follow - according to the commercial, although I've never had a problem with the editing...

+ Reply to Thread