+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What has to happen to make TAR a ratings hit?

Oh dear.
    I'm not into the idea of pre-empting CSI, I think that would rile many people and make them anti TAR.
    If they start messsing with Without a Trace I'll be busting caps.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by skywisej
    Hmmm... get Clay fans hooked on it! They'll recruit people to watch like crazy! Just kidding!
    Actually, that's not a bad idea. They should post ads on Clay fan sites!

Originally posted by John
    If they wanted to draw viewers, they should have Team Ruben and Clay.

And you'd draw the entire AI crowd. Which we know is HUGE.
    ďIn Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders donít vant to be general.Ē Sasha Pivovarova

Leo
    Premium Member
    CSI doesn't need the support of Survivor anymore. It may have when it was new - it was a fairly novel concept for primetime, but it doesn't need it anymore.

Frankly, though, I think moving it to summer is a good thing. It's a good show, but it needs to be clear as top dog. It was always overshadowed, IMHO, by Survivor. If you were talking about what reality show would air, say, in fall 2002, you'd say Survivor, not TAR. (They were airing at more or less the same time, right? If not, then I'm an idiot). Now, of course, with Survivor out of the way, you can promote the hell out of it without overshadowing anything. Good move moving it to summer.

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    If they wanted to draw viewers, they should have Team Ruben and Clay.

I kinda like this idea. They're so much FUN together!

FORT Fogey
    Team Ruben and Clay would certainly be entertaining. Or Team Paula and Simon - now THAT would be interesting...

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    Team Ruben and Clay would certainly be entertaining. Or Team Paula and Simon - now THAT would be interesting...
    Team Paula and Simon would sure be fun to root against!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    I can see team Paula & Simon turning into Wil & Tara II.

FORT Fogey
    Oh I love this idea of Clay and Ruben as a team! Someone should ask them to do it! I know that I'd watch it for sure, like I would miss the show anyway! I can't wait for the premiere.

I think advertising would help...on the 2 hour Survivor finale plus the reunion show I saw ONE commercial, ONE! That's not enough. We need to see a commercial every other commercial break!

Advertising on Clay fan sites is a great idea! Imagine if you recruited 1/4 of them! Wow! That'd be something.

In an article awhile ago, Clay said he had always wanted to try out for a reality show, and thought about the Amazing Race as well as Survivor? Then that woman convinced him to try out for AI. Might have been in a Raleigh paper.

Hmmmmm....team Ruben and Clay...ohhh yeah. If they could last, they would be as entertaining as Kevin and Drew were.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast