+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 5/5 TAR 22 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 5/5 TAR 22 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm glad that that Rush Limbaugh-loving embarrassment lost!!! The right people won the race!!!
    Florimel, Kao and GabbyG like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

"I love Max and Katie."

Wow...have NO idea what to say to that. They're both disgusting human beings...especially Katie. She showed what kind of low quality person she was early on. It took him a little longer, but he did as well.

"I'm glad that that Rush Limbaugh-loving embarrassment lost!!!"

Amen to that! I would consider it a HUGE honor to meet the president. And I'm VERY glad that piece of trash, Max, is a Republican. I want hateful people like that to be associated with a hateful party. They're a good match.

If I had my choice, I would have preferred Mona and Beth to win. I didn't mind the hockey brothers too much, but arrogance is one of my big turnoffs, and I was getting sick of Bates talking about how goodlooking he was. And he became a huge ass when Anthony didn't know what color chartreuse was...when HE didn't know himself. Overall he seemed like a likeable guy however. And towards the end when it became apparent that Mona and Beth couldn't win, I was REALLY pulling for the hockey brothers...just because I couldn't stand Max and Katie. She's so nasty and selfish, I can't imagine they'll have a healthy marriage.

My family and I are SO HAPPY the hockey guys won!! YAY....

I'd love to know what the difference in time was between first and second place.

I am watching the last hour of the finale and all I can think of is why are the Roller Derby Moms carrying their backpacks. It is the last leg, leave it at the airport and collect it later. How stupid to carry 30 to 50lbs on your back. And again they don't read directions and get left at 1600 instead of 1100 and blocks are long here in DC. That is why they messed up so badly doing the Titanic dinner in the first hour.
    jadewarlock and Midol like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am watching the last hour of the finale and all I can think of is why are the Roller Derby Moms carrying their backpacks. It is the last leg, leave it at the airport and collect it later. How stupid to carry 30 to 50lbs on your back. And again they don't read directions and get left at 1600 instead of 1100 and blocks are long here in DC. That is why they messed up so badly doing the Titanic dinner in the first hour.
    I would've the last two legs reduced my backpack to the bare minimum or heck, I'd probably by then just had a rolled up shirt and a few snacks in my fanny pack with the credentials and just run that way.

I'm quite happy with the Anthony/Bates win. They earned it and they are at least likable. I was hoping that Max/Katie would come in third, or even better fourth, as I did like Caroline/Jennifer better. Max/Katie rank among my most horrible people ever on this show.

On the other hand, I couldn't believe that none of them knew that chartreuse is green. It's even in the Crayola box if memory serves.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

While I didn't care that much for Max and Katie, toward the end I didn't find them that hateful.
    I thought he was quite funny at times, OTOH I thought she was blah. I was just glad they didn't win
    Uncle David and Photobabe like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    "I'm glad that that Rush Limbaugh-loving embarrassment lost!!!"

Amen to that! I would consider it a HUGE honor to meet the president. And I'm VERY glad that piece of trash, Max, is a Republican. I want hateful people like that to be associated with a hateful party. They're a good match.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but I would say that in defense of Max, he did say that a. he respected people's votes though he didn't agree with it (and I'd say this had it been theoretically a Democrat meeting Romney had he been elected), and b. if he was to meet Obama he'd show respect for the president.

I'm just glad honestly that Obama didn't appear - and I'd say this with ANY of our presidents if they were in office. We in general voted him in to run the country, not be a reality TV star (and I'd say this with any ACTIVE president regardless of party).
    holly71, NCLurker, captain and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I love Max and Katie. I wish they'd won. I knew before it started Bates and Antony would win. 2 professional athletes is just too tough to beat.
    It wasn't that they were athletes that won them the race, though. It was the fact that they found the briefcase quickly in the hunt-the-object challenge. Better than a taxi win, but still based a bit on luck. Though it was edited well, by the fact that B&A managed to do the entire globe task before any other teams arrived it was obvious that they got a fantastic bit of luck.

Both the briefcase combination and the globe task DID require race-length memory (which has tripped teams up in the past), so B&A could have LOST the race there, but all three teams appear to have been intelligent in their race tracking in order to get through that part. Honestly, last year's "remember the greeting in the language" task was one of the best ones they'd had in years since it's something race note-takers would have been likely to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, but I would say that in defense of Max, he did say that a. he respected people's votes though he didn't agree with it (and I'd say this had it been theoretically a Democrat meeting Romney had he been elected), and b. if he was to meet Obama he'd show respect for the president.
    It's interesting to note that the clue had a second paragraph that was not aired aloud but that you could see in freeze-frame, saying (paraphrased) that no matter what your opinions on Obama's policies, please respect the office and maintain decorum at all times. I knew there was no way it was going to be real (especially with the address being 1100, which I knew was the old post office converted to a mall since I used to live near DC), but the second paragraph was certainly misleading. It was also probably prominent in Max and Katie's minds while they were giving the in-taxi interviews on the way to the site.

I have to say that though I thought the family season was kind of lame (though in retrospect I understood why they chose the "we have kids so no leaving the continent" constraint) I did remember that task from their season.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, being athletes has little to do with it, imo. We had athletes on before who didn`t win.
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread