Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I suspect ABMAK is "Anybody But Max And Katie."

I'd join that campaign!
    I just got that and deleted my post asking. It took a minute or two.
    AZChristian likes this.

I dont think the bagpipes was an easy one.
    As for the alliances, the roller derby moms were with the giggly you tubers. Maybe Max and Katie are not as bad as their edit. I often wonder
    I will be watching and cheering hockey and rollers next week
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

For once the airport was not an equalizer, it actually determined the order.
    Shoepie likes this.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    And what is interesting about that was everyone had the same shot at scheduling their flight times.

FORT Regular

Yes, how did that happen? How did the two last teams miss learning about the earlier flight? Did they take the first one they were offered and not ask any more questions? At one point the other teams thought they were getting a 4 p.m. flight and then they were on a 10:40 a.m. flight. Did each airline only tell them about its own flights, and not the competitors'? And they obviously didn't notice that three teams had left the airport. This seemed like a really unusual situation.
    Last edited by fan999; 04-29-2013 at 12:53 PM.

I appreciated this quirk and enjoyed watching them split up and figure out alternatives.

In the early seasons of TAR, many times, pairs were on different flights which caused tons of frustration for contestants. In the last five or six seasons, it's become commonplace for them to all be on the same flight. Maybe there are fewer flights, in general, available now days. Hmmm.

Please know, I understand that equalizing situations are necessarily in the game but I'm tired of them usually being at airports.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And, I must confess, I was watching the show while playing Candy Crush Saga on Facebook (an invention of the Devil himself). Can anyone explain how teams that got to the airport after other teams still managed to get on an earlier flight than those the teams ahead of them had already purchased? Were they going to airline-specific counters? I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen before.
    Max and Katie left first and headed straight to a business center to research flights, finding the one that landed at 10:40.

The other teams headed straight to the airport and plunked in front of a airline. Max and Katie arrived between the two sets of two and just kept going, so no one knew where they were.

All four teams then got flights landing at 1 pm, but the hockey players and country singers went to a different airline and found the same flight as Max and Katie (who were a wee bit disgruntled to discover that they weren't by themselves on that flight).

The only time I've had one airline give me information on flights on another airline was when my original flight got canceled and they were trying to get me where I wanted to be. I'm not sure if it's policy, but they don't typically volunteer the information (because they're giving business away). I know that a couple of times over the years, some airlines have checked for flights on other airlines, but it isn't all that common.

And it used to be that teams could buy as many tickets as they wanted, as long as they were "common class". The show then files for a refund for the unused tickets. (I know that one year, they were only allowed to buy one set of tickets, but they haven't mentioned that lately.)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

A
    ll four teams then got flights landing at 1 pm, but the hockey players and country singers went to a different airline and found the same flight as Max and Katie (who were a wee bit disgruntled to discover that they weren't by themselves on that flight).
    We laughed out loud at the looks on Max and Katie's faces when the others got on board. I would say it was my favorite part of the episode, but I do love bagpipers in kilts!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    The other teams headed straight to the airport and plunked in front of a airline. Max and Katie arrived between the two sets of two and just kept going, so no one knew where they were.

All four teams then got flights landing at 1 pm, but the hockey players and country singers went to a different airline and found the same flight as Max and Katie (who were a wee bit disgruntled to discover that they weren't by themselves on that flight).
    Close. The hockey players and country girls couldn't get on that flight, so they (and youtube and roller derby) thought they would be on a flight arriving at 4pm. That's when they went and tracked down the much earlier flight. Roller derby and youtube only have themselves to blame for that one. And they seemed to be surprised later that they'd been u-turned, which I thought was strange. They'd been in their own little alliance the whole way, so I don't know why they would think the others wouldn't u-turn them to make sure they stay way behind.

It was quite fascinating to watch the roller moms and you tubers feeling so confident they were three hours ahead they didn't check anything else. Conversely, hockey players and music girls knew they were in a terrible spot which made them check further. It appeared there was plenty of room on that earlier flight too, although they could have just taped it early enough before other people boarded.

As much as I dislike Max and Katie they were the smart ones in going to the business center to find the earliest flight. That has proven to be a great startegy over and over in many seasons of TAR.

TAR is still my absolute favorite reality show. I still don't like the U-turn. Since they introduced it, I have never liked it and can't imagine I ever will. This time it didn't appear to make a difference because the roller moms were on top of their game and killed their challenges. It was just not the you tubers day. Even the non-physical task the roller moms were crazy speedy on. They appeared to be the fastest of the four teams that did that challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast