+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 4/28 TAR 22 Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

omg is next week a two hour finale? Or do we have to wait two more weeks? Anyone know?

FORT Regular

Yes, next Sunday is the two hour finale.
    JohnnyK likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Great. I won't be near a TV set with network channels. DVR time. And I'll be checking here to see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by teatime View Post
    Yes, next Sunday is the two hour finale.
    Thanks.

I'm not hardcore rooting for any of the remaining teams. But Bates and Anthony ftw, I guess.

Rats, I was hoping that the YouTubers and the Roller Derby Moms would have been ahead of the Mighty Three and U Turned Katie and Max. Oh, well I can dream. That being said I am glad the Roller Moms are still in they race I sorta am rooting for them to win, but overall I want anyone BUT Katie and Max to win.

Both Katie and Max are starting to look as ugly as Jonathan to me. (Jonathan, famous for being abusive to his wife during the race and actually pushed her while they were running to a Pit Stop.)
    spockwhat likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I feel kind of meh about all the remaining teams myself, though I guess I'd prefer the hockey guys or the roller derby moms over the rest of them.

I really hate the double u-turn, because it seems to encourage alliance-type behavior, and I prefer it when the race doesn't turn out to be an us against them thing towards the end, especially since eventually it just has to turn out to be everyone for themselves.

I was also surprised that the hockey guys were allowed to carry those barrels when the the task was described as a rolling task. I guess it wasn't against the rules (I didn't hear/see the reading of the rules), but it seemed to be a contradiction of the title of the task, and it gave the hockey players, probably the only team capable of carrying those barrels, a huge advantage--not that they won anyway, however, so perhaps it's a moot point.
    Midol and sparklete like this.

Both Katie and Max are starting to look as ugly as Jonathan to me. (Jonathan, famous for being abusive to his wife during the race and actually pushed her while they were running to a Pit Stop.)
    Jonathan is the only contestant I can think of in Amazing Race history who actually used physical violence like that towards his wife. Well there was Mika and Canaan too (remember the water slide?), but idk if that counts.

These are the kind of reality show stars I have on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I was also surprised that the hockey guys were allowed to carry those barrels when the the task was described as a rolling task. I guess it wasn't against the rules (I didn't hear/see the reading of the rules), but it seemed to be a contradiction of the title of the task, and it gave the hockey players, probably the only team capable of carrying those barrels, a huge advantage--not that they won anyway, however, so perhaps it's a moot point.
    I think most people - like me - thought "Well if they're stupid to carry them and the barrel breaks and they're only allowed the eight, then they deserve the four hour penalty or the waste of time and have to make the haggis."

Not a bad episode, and I liked that this time the U-Turn was used wisely - and fairer than it has in the past. This time it was up to the last two teams to see who was worthy of it. And the two teams who used it were smart if they wanted to get the YouTube team out - as it's quite clear the roller moms were stronger in the strength part of the barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Someone must have asked Phil about this on Twitter. First he tweeted:

#HockeyBrothers showing off carrying their barrels Ö Canít say we expected that to happen! Impressed #AmazingRace @VisitScotland
    And then...

#Detour called #WhiskeyRollin but clue details say they simply have to move them on their own rolling carrying, kicking .. under their power
    And while I typically don't have any problem with the U-turns (they're part of the game), I just couldn't see why the first three teams would U-turn the last two teams...they were at least an hour behind and were already in position to fight it out at the end. (Of course, had the Hockey Players used it on Max and Katie, then the boys would have come in first and gotten the money.)

So while I was rooting for the Roller Derby Moms and the Hockey Players before, now I'm really hoping the Roller Derby Moms pull it off. The Hockey Players can come in second ;-)

(Edited to fix the quotes.)
    spockwhat, Duckyface and Midol like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I enjoyed Max and Katie appreciating Robert Burns and eating two scoops of Haggis with smiles pronouncing it good. They were very appreciative this leg.

Bates took on the bag pipe challenge saying he was half Scots and had fun with it. When he carried the whiskey barrel across his shoulders, he did look the part of Scottish Warrior.

Someone had to go and am glad the Moms beat out the You Tubers.

Ahhh...Finale next week. Looks like there is a mud hole involved - almost like the canal jumping, but with scuba gear. It looks weird...wonder what it is?

I would be satisfied with any of the final four winning. In my eyes they have all worked through the obstacles and are worthy race warriors.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-29-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Hyper and Photobabe like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast