+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 4/21 TAR 22 Episode 9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/21 TAR 22 Episode 9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    But back tonights show-Honestly, it was a bit sad to find out some of these contestants had no clue about Pres.Kennedy`s famous quote. Age is no excuse. It was hammered into my head in school. I'm not much older than the younger contestants. Also, geez, people, President Roosevelt said `Tear down this wall`? Really? really? The Wall he was talking about is The Great Wall Of China? You`re in Germany, folks, let`s put two and two together! You aren't helping Americas image as a bunch of idiot tourists who don`t even know you`re history, much less our own.
    I normally am not fond of some of the world's smug looks at what the contestants do... HOWEVER, when I saw some of them look that way when they responded John F. Kennedy - I felt that yep, THIS time it's deserving. Even I know those basics, though I admit I had a bit of trouble of WHERE Reagan said it (minor slip up in basic history though).
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    3 episodes left. Episode 10 next week and the finale May 5 where they will air episode 11 and 12.
    I'll be in Atlanta on May 5. Guess I better make sure the DVR is set up! (And I'll probably check in to see who won.)

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I'll be on a cruise ship. Yep, DVR will be set for sure, although I'll be checking here that night to see who wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Whoever stole his backback probably grabbed it just as he got off the train. I would imagine there were many stops along the way. Good thinking to keep his passport secure. He can share toiletries and clothes with his partner.
    I think his backpack was above him The camera panned to it. At this point they are all very weary, so I think( as spockwhat also said) that backpack was nearby.Smart to keep his passport on him
    redsox girl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He did look up and checked out the packs on the upper railing...maybe he missed his? Thank goodness no passport snafu (so far) this Race.

I forgave the young, fluffy people for not knowing what for me is recent history, but for them is ancient history. I cringed, but then I laughed.

People think of Berlin as stodgy, NOT! Before the war, the Cabaret scene was happening there (raunchy, decadent). Now with freedom the sixties (that they missed) is blossoming. That labyrinth reminded me of one I entered at a Be-In in San Francisco in 1967. They are behind in protesting the stodgy, but they make it euro-interesting.

Happy for the Non-elimination.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-22-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    sweetpea and spockwhat like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I couldnt have gone in that labyrinth .Well I guess I could if it was my turn, but I am so claustrophobic and hate hate hate haunted houses. I loved the free fall, now that was some rush
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I enjoyed the episode, and was thrilled it was a non-elim leg! I really like Bates and Anthony, and I also like the mom's. Honestly there isn't really a team right now that I don't like, but the brothers are my favorites. Even the honeymooners have seemed to tone down their obnoxiousness. Although the girl (sorry can't recall their names) always looks unhappy. She's like grumpy cat LOL
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He did look up and checked out the packs on the upper railing...maybe he missed his? Thank goodness no passport snafu (so far) this Race.

I forgave the young, fluffy people for not knowing what for me is recent history, but for them is ancient history. I cringed, but then I laughed.

People think of Berlin as stodgy, NOT! Before the war, the Cabaret scene was happening there (raunchy, decadent). Now with freedom the sixties (that they missed) are blossoming. That labyrinth reminded me of one I entered in a Be-In in San Francisco in 1967. They are behind in protest the stodgy experience, but they make it euro-interesting.

Happy for the Non-elimination.

My hubby was shocked. We are Canadian, and we knew that. But then, we are a wee bit older, I guess. I sometimes chalk up those kind of mistakes to the pressure people are under.

Euro-interesting. Like!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I enjoyed the episode, and was thrilled it was a non-elim leg! I really like Bates and Anthony, and I also like the mom's. Honestly there isn't really a team right now that I don't like, but the brothers are my favorites. Even the honeymooners have seemed to tone down their obnoxiousness. Although the girl (sorry can't recall their names) always looks unhappy. She's like grumpy cat LOL
    Hubby says she has "dead eyes". Grumpy cat definitely fits. That bored, superior, attitude grumpy cats get, right? And the claws are right there, on the ready.

My daughter was watching with us. She's a youngun and was shocked that most of them didn't know their history. She said they learned all those things in high school. Perhaps she had a better than average education having gone to a charter high school, but still I would expect those moments in American history to be taught. The Kennedy one is memorable being that he didn't say what he thought he said, and the Reagan stuff was true history making moments so you'd think that at least they would know the stuff about the Berlin wall.

I wondered about the backpack they showed too. They seemed to be indicating that his bag was there and he just missed seeing it somehow. I have actually done something similar after a long flight, waiting for my luggage and thinking I'd brought a different bag for some reason. When there were only 3 bags left on the carousel it finally dawned on me oh duh that bag that's gone around in front of me 100 times is mine, just not the one I thought I brought.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 04-22-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast