+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 4/14 TAR 22 Episode 8 **DELAYED on East Coast - Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 4/14 TAR 22 Episode 8 **DELAYED on East Coast - Spoilers**

My area blew a transformer about the time the show was going to start. Power is back right when the show would be going off.

I guess I could have worse problems.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have a couple of questions. I have missed a lot this season:

Which ones are the youtubers?
    Who came in first last night?

Joey and Meghan are the youtubers. Bates and Anthony (hockey playing brothers) came in first.

A note about Bates and Anthony. It hit me last night... their parents must be huge fans of Psycho. The Bates Motel, Anthony Perkins played the lead. Just an observation.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Joey and Meghan are the youtubers. Bates and Anthony (hockey playing brothers) came in first.

A note about Bates and Anthony. It hit me last night... their parents must be huge fans of Psycho. The Bates Motel, Anthony Perkins played the lead. Just an observation.
    Ha ha ha ha! Thanks.
    FlyAKite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

Good observation! I love these two.

I knew Chuck loved animals, and I could sure tell with those dogs! same with the Blondes.They all did very well. I thought it time Chuck and Wy left- she had checked out some time ago, and some of his funnier remarks were at her expense. The you tubers, I see he can talk in a normal non squeaky voice, I hope he does so from now on.
    As per- great episode.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I felt sorry for Wynonna. I can't handle altitude either. I was at the top of Haleakala in Hawaii (about 10,000 feet) and I could literally barely even walk 10 feet without becoming short of breath (too much second-hand smoke exposure as a child). Chuck was just not listening to her about how she was feeling faint, etc.
    I might have felt bad for her if she hadn't griped & complained about walking/running even at a normal altitude. And too bad so sad that she had to do a stressful roadblock. If she would have done some of the less physical ones at the earlier legs of the race she would have had better options. But since she chose to not do them, she put herself in a predicament. I wonder if she didn't know the rules about RBs & thought that Chuck would be doing all/most of them.
    waywyrd and Babbred like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I might have felt bad for her if she hadn't griped & complained about walking/running even at a normal altitude. And too bad so sad that she had to do a stressful roadblock. If she would have done some of the less physical ones at the earlier legs of the race she would have had better options. But since she chose to not do them, she put herself in a predicament.
    It was a bit of "the boy (girl) who cried wolf," wasn't it? I was simply sympathetic to the altitude aspect, and I thought Chuck's attempts at "humor" were less than funny. "I won't marry someone until you're dead for at least a month"???? "I'm glad you lived. The kids need a mother." ????

Seems like they still need to work a little harder on that relationship.

FORT Fogey

I liked Chucks humor. He had been patient beyond his limits for the entire race thus far. He carried her, did all the challenges and had probably reached his breaking point. He didn't yell, scream or have a fit, he simply made, what I thought, was a very witty remark in the face of it all! Go Chuck!
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I liked Chucks humor. He had been patient beyond his limits for the entire race thus far. He carried her, did all the challenges and had probably reached his breaking point. He didn't yell, scream or have a fit, he simply made, what I thought, was a very witty remark in the face of it all! Go Chuck!
    I felt the same way.She checked out from week what? two?. SMH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't know. There is a time and a place for humour, and when your wife is at her wit's end and looking like she wants to kill you, maybe it's not the time to be a comedic genius (I use that term loosely). If a guy truly loves his wife he will have a little sensitivity towards how she's feeling before he makes another joke of it.
    I can relate, my hubby is a bit of a joker, and he's still learning. I appreciate his humour when we are both enjoying it. But there are times when a joke is not going to go over.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

When Chuck came up with those two lines (won't get married for a month, and the kids need a mother), my husband said, "No man with a grain of sense is going to say that when his wife is under a lot of stress." He also thought that Chuck was just NOT listening when Wynona kept saying, "I feel sick. I can't breathe."

I told him, "That's why I sometimes stand right in front of you and say, 'I need you to hear me. I'm not doing well.'" These are the same creatures who tend to avoid road maps, even when they need them. Testosterone poisoning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast