+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 3/31 TAR 22 Episode 7 "West Coast Spoilers"

FORT Fan

Re: 3/31 TAR 22 Episode 7 "West Coast Spoilers"

Yes JonnyK there some sort of "music awards" show on tonight.
    *sigh*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes I remember now.

Well, let's do the math.

There are five legs left with six teams. Which... leaves us with only one more NEL this season? Which will probably be when there are four teams left.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, most money foreigners pay for hunting usually goes towards conservation in the area. They must hunt with a local guide. They also cannot shoot just any animal, there are limits to size, age and gender to ensure the best breeding animals are maintained. And the meat and usable parts do not go to waste. It goes to the locals. The hunters cannot take the meat home, though many would love to. Even the trophy mounts themselves have to be done there, if they choose to spend the money. The communities, land and wildlife all benefit.

I think a lot of hunters dream of an African hunt because it is something most people will never be able to do... A dream not likely to actally come true.
    It does make me feel better. I guess what I don't understand (I never will) is the lust to kill. Anything. Growing up on a farm, I understood where meat and leather came from. But it was with regret, and thankfullness, that an animal was killed for sustenance. We also had a tendancy to wait until an animal was a ripe old age before we butchered. But it was a sad event, nothing exciting, or fun. When I see people shooting game from helicopters and the fun they have with it, it makes me ill. In essence, it isn't the act of killing an animal, but the attitude regarding the killing that makes me upset.
    Once again, it's just my opinion, and I know I don't have a right to tell anyone they are right or wrong, but that is my own feelings on the subject. I'll let it rest here, because it is a bit of a hijack to the thread.

Perhaps hunting is a suitable topic for the heavy discussion thread.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Perhaps hunting is a suitable topic for the heavy discussion thread.
    You're probably right.

For the record though, shooting animals from a helicopter is not what I, nor most of my fellow hunters, would EVER classify as hunting! That also makes me ill.

And thus ends my part in the hi-jacked show discussion thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678