+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 3/10 Amazing Race 22 Episode 4 ""West Coast Spoilers""

Re: 3/10 Amazing Race 22 Episode 4 ""West Coast Spoilers""

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I dunno, I'm thinking "no harm, no foul" on that one.

He asked, she made an offer, he said no, she refused. But at that point she knew he wanted the info. It was more important to her to stay in the area (it looked like she was using the higher ground offered by the surf shop's rock to see if she could see Phil) than it was to protect information from someone who she knew was looking for it. I don't think either of them is "blameless" in it. They both recognized that there would have been value in her telling him the information, but neither of them valued that information enough to pay for it or protect it. Had she attempted to cover the logo or just left the area Connor wouldn't have been able to do what he did.

It's interesting the different ways that the information moved around this time. We had some teams remember, some teams guess, one team share the information, one team refuse to share, one team take it from another team, and one team try to get it out of Phil...
    Reading this, I can feel all I felt last night.I thoroughly enjoyed last night and only one team did I LOL at, and they are gone.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    There are also tasks that are just straight up puzzle tasks, like the time zone thing last year or the phone thing the year the Globetrotters took a time penalty, because they couldn't figure out the answer was Kafka. Trouble is, it's not always easy to tell from a clue whether it's a physical task or not. I wonder if it would be considered okay to give a heads up to Connor and Dave if Dave was about to elect to do a task he was simply unable to do. At the car race roadblock, they were able to see that he couldn't manage the stick shift and turn around and do the fishing task instead. But there's no second choice at a Detour. If they made a mistake and had Dave elect to do something he couldn't do, would they have to take a penalty? Would they consider labeling all the tasks something he could or couldn't do and then letting the other teams have the same information, so they'd also have some idea about how physical the task was and make their decisions accordingly as well?

I feel for the AR producers in this case, as I'm sure they never expected this eventuality--and I'm sure they never thought a father son team where the father was on crutches to take two legs of the race in a row. But then, I'm sure they never thought anyone would be so common-sense impaired as to end up being eliminated with an express pass in his pocket either.
    There have been cases where they specifically say that someone cannot do it due to something that must've been medical or on a sports contract (one of the soccer players) or a height limit (Big Easy? I think of the Globetrotters). That said, this injury occurred DURING the race and I'm sure all the tasks were printed out ahead of time. They could just put a note on the route marker saying "Dave cannot do this task" anywhere because it'd clue in the other teams that it is physical or requires the use of something with feet. That said - it WOULD be fair to the teams as it'd be seen by all of them.

This one is a more unlikely event than someone leaving with an express pass in their pocket. That was just flat out stupid... I mean everyone probably went "Well Duh!"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So if Dave is physically unable to do a task and Connor has already done his maximum number, would they just take the time penalty and hope that other teams were far enough behind that they still wouldn't be eliminated? We've seen some big time variances, so in this scenario, they wouldn't automatically be eliminated, right?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    One of the blonde singers had a flying monkey that died of loneliness because she kept it in her bra the whole time. Gee, that's not something you hear a lot.

Poor Rocky. Bullwinkle must be bereft.
    I thought she said she kept the flying squirrel in her garage. I guess I heard wrong.

And I don't see anything wrong with letting Connor push his dad in a wheelchair. I doubt any of the other teams would choose to have one member push another member in a wheelchair because it's more laborious and probably would slow them down. And his injury has been verified so it's not like the dad is doing it because he's lazy.
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I think Dave and Connor were surprised they did as well as they did at the end of the very long continuation leg. They will reach that un-doable task sooner or later and will have to bow out, but, until then kudos to them for pushing.

I just wanted to slap that self-justifying smile off of Jon's face. He kept saying, "We'll play this logical and methodical." What he didn't realize until they arrived was that the moms finished the mud task and, rather than taking it on, should have given over the Pass at that time. However, he wanted to save it not realizing they weren't saving themselves by holding onto it. Idiot. I feel for his partner.
    Moontat and Babbred like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    What's with Team Arrogance????!!! WTH!! That is the most embarrassing and stupidest showing in AR history. How can you lose with an express pass? The guy was overthinking everything? Then he has this stupid grin on their elimination. If I was the girl I would have smacked him silly! They went to the other detour knowing that Team Roller Derby already finished their task and then when they got to the road block they would have known their last since the others who they left from the other detour were still doing their roadblock. With two teams left that was his last chance to use the Express Pass. I don't get it. He was still hoping that some other team was last? OMG...and then he was in denial about the stupidity he did saying that they lost and couldn't do anything about it (when they have the Express Pass!) and he didn't need the 1 million dollars? LOL!!
    Total jerk who is unwilling to listen to reason and then tries to justify his stupidity!!! If I was his girlfriend, I wouldn't be after that.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I'm with sweetpea. The best moment was when John told Phil he wanted to look at the boards behind him at the pitstop and Phil put on his best stern father look and said he couldn't look at the boards. John reminded me of a four year old. I hope Jessica dumped his ass the second the camera was turned off. His there is no use looking back schtick was just frightening. I'm pretty sure he's never uttered the phrase, "I was wrong."
    holly71, waywyrd, sweetpea and 2 others like this.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree, but reality is that they're going to be the top teaser until they're eliminated. BUT that said, at least it's a positive constant instead of them focusing on the whiners, complainers, and ugly attitude folks.

Methinks though based on the teaser we will see Dave and Connor for one if not two more legs. The teasers are a little too weighted to be otherwise.

Every season they pick one team to focus on for the drama. When that obnoxious BB couple was on here, it seemed like every other camera shot had them in it. I would far rather see a really positive team like dad/son get the attention.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    There have been cases where they specifically say that someone cannot do it due to something that must've been medical or on a sports contract (one of the soccer players) or a height limit (Big Easy? I think of the Globetrotters). That said, this injury occurred DURING the race and I'm sure all the tasks were printed out ahead of time. They could just put a note on the route marker saying "Dave cannot do this task" anywhere because it'd clue in the other teams that it is physical or requires the use of something with feet. That said - it WOULD be fair to the teams as it'd be seen by all of them.

This one is a more unlikely event than someone leaving with an express pass in their pocket. That was just flat out stupid... I mean everyone probably went "Well Duh!"
    I think that if they were going to warn Dave/Connor about the fact that Dave couldn't do a task, they'd have to let all of the rest of the racers know too, just to be completely fair. Thing is, as you pointed out, it might not be something that was purely physical. It might just be something like the stick shift car, so it wouldn't necessarily be pointing out to the other racers (or to Dave/Connor) that the task was demanding physically. It also might be something Dave just shouldn't do--I don't know how they'd feel about him being on a potentially slippery surface, for instance, or if he can get that boot wet. For all the other racers (and D/C, for that matter) would know, the task Dave couldn't do might be considerably easier or less time-consuming than the one he could do.

I also wonder if they have time to rethink some of the tasks slightly, so that more of them would be possible to do with an injured foot. It could be that some could be made doable with just minor adjustments.

Realistically, however, I think Dave's injury is eventually going to catch up with D/C. I think they realize that too, but they just want to keep going as long as they can and do as well as they can while there. I'm sure they could use the million dollars, as I imagine they have some hefty medical bills between them. But they've been clear that having this experience together is extremely important to them too.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    . . . I hope Jessica dumped his ass the second the camera was turned off . . .
    From the look on her face during the final interview, I think she'd already done that BEFORE the camera was turned off. Good for her if she did.

+ Reply to Thread