+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 3/10 Amazing Race 22 Episode 4 ""West Coast Spoilers""

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 3/10 Amazing Race 22 Episode 4 ""West Coast Spoilers""

Whether it was an ok move by Conner to peek at the board of Winnie (or was it the other girl?) is opinion. Personally, I didn't like it, and felt it was cheating, my husband felt it was a good move on Conners' part.
    That said, I don't like it that people are blaming the girl for what Conner did. It's akin to saying, "it's not my fault I cheated on the test, the guy next to me didn't cover up his test well enough!" Conner is responsible for his actions, right or wrong, not the poor girl who actually figured it out on her own.

My opinion of Conner did drop a bit from these actions, but I still love his dad, and respect that they are are great competitors. It makes me wonder if a mental task will be what ends their race rather than a physical one. That would be ironic.

No hillbilly music except in the look back on last week! Thank you, AR. Keep up the good work.
    TripleGemini likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Whether it was an ok move by Conner to peek at the board of Winnie (or was it the other girl?) is opinion. Personally, I didn't like it, and felt it was cheating, my husband felt it was a good move on Conners' part.
    She might have had the wrong picture . . . so he still had to make the decision as to whether to copy what she had. I agree that Connor was ultimately responsible for his decision.
    NCLurker likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    What's with Team Arrogance????!!! WTH!! That is the most embarrassing and stupidest showing in AR history. How can you lose with an express pass? The guy was overthinking everything? Then he has this stupid grin on their elimination. If I was the girl I would have smacked him silly! They went to the other detour knowing that Team Roller Derby already finished their task and then when they got to the road block they would have known their last since the others who they left from the other detour were still doing their roadblock. With two teams left that was his last chance to use the Express Pass. I don't get it. He was still hoping that some other team was last? OMG...and then he was in denial about the stupidity he did saying that they lost and couldn't do anything about it (when they have the Express Pass!) and he didn't need the 1 million dollars? LOL!!
    This was hysterical and greedy. He wanted to save it! That was the best elimination EVER! Oy vey is right, Phil. Loved that. His girl partner had no back bone whatsoever. Certainly she saw this was the time to use it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Speaking of showing your board, one team did show their board to a wrong team at the Pit Stop. I was surprised to see that Phil allowed that. Wasn't that a kind of cheating? Is that why he asked the other team about showing their board? I can't remember in which order these scenes happened.

Who was that team who randomly picked the right board? Then admitted at the Pit Stop they had no clue why it was correct? Phil sure didn't look happy about that.
    Remember that task from the last All-Star edition, where one team figured out, and then the information got passed to pretty much every team except the Cowboys?

That was a golden opportunity to "fix the rules" regarding such challenges, and yet they made no attempt to do so. Presumably TPTB don't see this sort of assistance as particularly unfair.
    holly71 and Duckyface like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This was hysterical and greedy. He wanted to save it! That was the best elimination EVER! Oy vey is right, Phil. Loved that.
    BTW. . . . to twist the knife in even further, go back and re-watch their "start of the leg" interview.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    No and they always have a few tasks where the person does NOT have to use their feet and the like. I would expect Dave to be doing any food or visual/hearing type challenges that do not require the leg. This alone could be a challenge, as we've seen large/gross food challenges, and even in a detour, if they had the "12 min. dinner vs. a running challenge" guess which one they'll be doing? - the Dinner. Not bad save the fact the time they did this challenge it was a lot of food.
    There are also tasks that are just straight up puzzle tasks, like the time zone thing last year or the phone thing the year the Globetrotters took a time penalty, because they couldn't figure out the answer was Kafka. Trouble is, it's not always easy to tell from a clue whether it's a physical task or not. I wonder if it would be considered okay to give a heads up to Connor and Dave if Dave was about to elect to do a task he was simply unable to do. At the car race roadblock, they were able to see that he couldn't manage the stick shift and turn around and do the fishing task instead. But there's no second choice at a Detour. If they made a mistake and had Dave elect to do something he couldn't do, would they have to take a penalty? Would they consider labeling all the tasks something he could or couldn't do and then letting the other teams have the same information, so they'd also have some idea about how physical the task was and make their decisions accordingly as well?

I feel for the AR producers in this case, as I'm sure they never expected this eventuality--and I'm sure they never thought a father son team where the father was on crutches to take two legs of the race in a row. But then, I'm sure they never thought anyone would be so common-sense impaired as to end up being eliminated with an express pass in his pocket either.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tarfan77 View Post
    Remember that task from the last All-Star edition, where one team figured out, and then the information got passed to pretty much every team except the Cowboys?

That was a golden opportunity to "fix the rules" regarding such challenges, and yet they made no attempt to do so. Presumably TPTB don't see this sort of assistance as particularly unfair.
    IMO, it's not about fairness for TPTB, it's the potential for drama later in the race when the "alliances" fall apart. It's just boring for us to watch episodes where the teams help each other to the point where there's little competition shown.
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I just hope this doesn't turn into the Dave and Conner race- instead of the Amazing Race

just sayin
    I agree, but reality is that they're going to be the top teaser until they're eliminated. BUT that said, at least it's a positive constant instead of them focusing on the whiners, complainers, and ugly attitude folks.

Methinks though based on the teaser we will see Dave and Connor for one if not two more legs. The teasers are a little too weighted to be otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    That said, I don't like it that people are blaming the girl for what Conner did. It's akin to saying, "it's not my fault I cheated on the test, the guy next to me didn't cover up his test well enough!" Conner is responsible for his actions, right or wrong, not the poor girl who actually figured it out on her own.
    I dunno, I'm thinking "no harm, no foul" on that one.

He asked, she made an offer, he said no, she refused. But at that point she knew he wanted the info. It was more important to her to stay in the area (it looked like she was using the higher ground offered by the surf shop's rock to see if she could see Phil) than it was to protect information from someone who she knew was looking for it. I don't think either of them is "blameless" in it. They both recognized that there would have been value in her telling him the information, but neither of them valued that information enough to pay for it or protect it. Had she attempted to cover the logo or just left the area Connor wouldn't have been able to do what he did.

It's interesting the different ways that the information moved around this time. We had some teams remember, some teams guess, one team share the information, one team refuse to share, one team take it from another team, and one team try to get it out of Phil...
    Florimel, Duckyface and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This was hysterical and greedy. He wanted to save it! That was the best elimination EVER! Oy vey is right, Phil. Loved that. His girl partner had no back bone whatsoever. Certainly she saw this was the time to use it.
    Oh yeah - the fact that they actually SHOWED Phil's opinion on the whole elimination and subject screamed volumes as to how he and probably the producers felt. Guaranteed advancing to the next round and you want to do "the right thing"? There IS a reason why you got an express pass that first leg.

I don't know if he does the blogs anymore but I would LOVE to have read the one for this.
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread