+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 3/10 Amazing Race 22 Episode 4 ""West Coast Spoilers""

Re: 3/10 Amazing Race 22 Episode 4 ""West Coast Spoilers""

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    If it isn't against the rules then it can be argued that it isn't actually cheating. I had no problem with his asking, I had no problem with her trying to bargain, I had no problem with him refusing her offer, I had no problem with him looking anyway. It's a game. There obviously are no rules in place that would forbid such actions and as I pointed out in a previous post, "looking" happens all the time in other tasks and this was just one more. It's all part of the game. There are actions that I would find offensive/have found offensive, but this rates way, way down at the bottom of that totem pole.

That's kind of how I feel. I don't like what Connor or Winnie did. However, this little incident is way down on my list of terrible behavior. Evidently Winnie agreed, because when she came in behind Connor, she and her partner were simply happy to still be in the race. I didn't see any bitterness on their faces, so I guess they've shrugged it off.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    If it isn't against the rules then it can be argued that it isn't actually cheating. I had no problem with his asking, I had no problem with her trying to bargain, I had no problem with him refusing her offer, I had no problem with him looking anyway. It's a game. There obviously are no rules in place that would forbid such actions and as I pointed out in a previous post, "looking" happens all the time in other tasks and this was just one more. It's all part of the game. There are actions that I would find offensive/have found offensive, but this rates way, way down at the bottom of that totem pole.
    Didn't bother me at all.Its a race, they were so tired, it's edited. It's a none issue for me .Looking forward to next Sunday!!
    mesachick and Photobabe like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Ok, it's not cheating, it's kind of sleazy though. And he didn't win a friend in Winnie, I'm sure.

But I'm starting to feel like we're over analyzing the crap out of it. We all certainly have different opinions!
    Say what? Hold on here! Us Forter's over analyzing something! Never!!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Commercial's out for the next episode.

Narrator: "One team will quit." Then it shows other teams looking stunned. If they're reacting to a team quitting (and this isn't just an editing trick), then surely it can't be father/son who leaves? Everybody is expecting them to do that.

Narrator: "And with the Double-U Turn, two teams are in danger of going home." Then it shows a couple of teams looking dazed and confused. One of them appears to be lost.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

Narrator: "One team will quit." Then it shows other teams looking stunned. If they're reacting to a team quitting (and this isn't just an editing trick), then surely it can't be father/son who leaves? Everybody is expecting them to do that.

Narrator: "And with the Double-U Turn, two teams are in danger of going home." Then it shows a couple of teams looking dazed and confused. One of them appears to be lost.
    Well - I hope its the newly marred couple!
    Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

My speculation is it's not the father/son team unless it's at the end of the leg. The reason I say this is they are shown going to the mat where Phil is. I do not know who would quit this race out of the rest of the teams quite honestly. There are only two teams I know of who it'd be a serious shock for the teams if they did quit: Team Hockey and the Newlyweds, as both of them are very VERY competitive racers.

This is a toss-away - I do not think they'd do a double elimination leg if they have a team sincerely quit. It will either be a NEL for the last place team or they're changing up a leg to accommodate.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My speculation is it's not the father/son team unless it's at the end of the leg. The reason I say this is they are shown going to the mat where Phil is. I do not know who would quit this race out of the rest of the teams quite honestly. There are only two teams I know of who it'd be a serious shock for the teams if they did quit: Team Hockey and the Newlyweds, as both of them are very VERY competitive racers.

This is a toss-away - I do not think they'd do a double elimination leg if they have a team sincerely quit. It will either be a NEL for the last place team or they're changing up a leg to accommodate.
    I wonder if team( I don't know if they have name) the married couple , she is out of shape. I wonder if they would quit? But they seem so happy traveling- okay I talked myself in and out of them leaving
    -Andy Rooney-

I doubt the look of shock is reaction to the team quitting. I hope it's not David and Connor, but I think the "shock-reaction" edit is to try and convince us that it's not them when it really is. They're just the most likely to do it if his leg acts up.
    NCLurker and Babbred like this.

the only way I see David and Connor quiting is if they get to a challenge that the father HAS to do and he cannot physically do it because of his leg.

Yeah, and that's gotta come sooner or later. Question is just "when", IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112