+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 3/3 TAR 22 Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 3/3 TAR 22 Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

I know people were sick of the hillbilly bumpkin music last week... this week I reached my breaking point. It was driving me mental during the fishing task. Really, really, really stupid.

I don't think the father/son will quit. Unless dad is in horrific pain (he must be) and he's just hiding it well, I can't see them just quitting because they are too competitive. Dad can run like crazy on those crutches, too, that was amazing to watch!

Love New Zealand too. I can think of all kinds of reasons to visit.
    Florimel, Photobabe and Jaceegirl like this.

First off, I don't know why the father/son team selected the car driving task Detour when it's obviously more physical than the fishing task. Obviously they were HOPING that the cars will have automatic shifters but that was a risky thing to gamble on given that they have to go around cones. So they lost time and decided to do the other task anyway. Secondly, they quit the fishing task despite being an outdoorsy family familiar with the activity and wasted the Express Pass instead. They were ahead of everybody, the worst that could happen to them was to be not first at the Pitstop. They could have used the Express Pass for the next leg. I am assuming that they just wanted to be first (to make AR history), get the prize and then quit, am I correct?

To the Point

I don't think that is it at all! I think that they were concerned about being able to finish at all. Yes they are outdoorsy, but being outdoorsy allowed for the knowledge that trying to catch fish could be a long haul. They were not given information on how plentiful the fish were. They also had no foreknowledge about what may lay ahead in the leg. They were trying to make the best decision for the immediate situation to allow themselves to stay in the game as long as possible. I would imagine the thought/decision to quit became more of a forward thought as they proceeded through the leg and they became more and more aware of just how daunting/possibly impossible the task of running the race in their current circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The intro sucks compared to previous seasons.
    They have at least THREE shots of Jungfraujoch in the titles (a place I've been), so I'm looking forward to them going there this time! So for me it makes for a pretty good title sequence!

I also think that David and Connor had no idea of how long it would take the teams doing the driving task to finish. It took most of them a lot longer than might have been assumed, so D&C probably just wanted to make sure they would not finish last. No one who tried fishing seemed to have any luck.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I also think that David and Connor had no idea of how long it would take the teams doing the driving task to finish. It took most of them a lot longer than might have been assumed, so D&C probably just wanted to make sure they would not finish last. No one who tried fishing seemed to have any luck.
    Chuck and Wynona did...They caught a big one!!!
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I know people were sick of the hillbilly bumpkin music last week... this week I reached my breaking point. It was driving me mental during the fishing task. Really, really, really stupid.

I don't think the father/son will quit. Unless dad is in horrific pain (he must be) and he's just hiding it well, I can't see them just quitting because they are too competitive. Dad can run like crazy on those crutches, too, that was amazing to watch!

Love New Zealand too. I can think of all kinds of reasons to visit.
    I agree with all of you regarding the father and son team. I feel so bad that this happened to them as they are my favorite team. The way they race together without any bickering and if they make a mistake they just go with the flow and keep on going. The way the dad was flying on those crutches just amazed me and he seemed to be faster than some who have no problem at all. I really admire them and hope they can continue for as long as possible. I look at them and compare them to the newlywed team and it just doesn't seem fair. I reminded over and over again why life is not fair. I like the hockey players and the roller derby moms as well.

First Bora Bora and now New Zealand are incredibly beautiful and they are all lucky that they get to experience such amazing places.
    Photobabe likes this.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    First off, I don't know why the father/son team selected the car driving task Detour when it's obviously more physical than the fishing task. Obviously they were HOPING that the cars will have automatic shifters but that was a risky thing to gamble on given that they have to go around cones. So they lost time and decided to do the other task anyway. Secondly, they quit the fishing task despite being an outdoorsy family familiar with the activity and wasted the Express Pass instead. They were ahead of everybody, the worst that could happen to them was to be not first at the Pitstop. They could have used the Express Pass for the next leg. I am assuming that they just wanted to be first (to make AR history), get the prize and then quit, am I correct?
    Knowing that their chances of getting through the entire race are one in a million, I assume they wanted to win the leg for the prize. It seems a reasonable thing to go for, in my mind, rather than saving the express pass just to prevent themselves from being last. Dad has to be in all kinds of pain, and that wears on a person. Also, to heal, rest is needed. I get their decision... I would probably do the same thing, and depending on pain levels, I would possibly even quit after winning the prize (though I like to think I wouldn't). Dad is keeping really good spirits, and is impressive to watch, but we don't know what he's really feeling.

I would imagine- just like last week- we will have a new commercial during Survivor that might answer the 'will they? won't they?' question!

FORT Fogey

I don't think father and son will quit. They will wait to be eliminated and since the airports and arriving too early for a task to open are the great equalizers they may stay in longer than we think.

He is on pain medication and his ankle is stabilized so it will be the running that will exhaust Dad. I cannot imagine the energy it would take to run on crutches day after day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast