+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 2/24 TAR 22 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm so skeptical of the editing, especially in the previews. It seems like the opposite of what they want us to think, ends up happening. They make it look like father and son are out, so I'm thinking they're not out just yet. Maybe they make an attempt to participate in the next leg??

To the Point

From personal experience, a torn muscle isn't something that they would typically tape and let you go, especially if torn right at the achilles. Granted we do not really know the situation, but they did clearly say in the preview that he had a torn muscle. It will be interesting to see what exactly they do say.

I am not a doctor- I just play one on the Internet but don't you need some type of equipment to accurately diagnose a muscle tear? A visual assessment wouldn't be all they would do?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Stereotypes all over the place - redneck music, non-swimming African Americans and Asians who can't drive ( jet ski)
    Strangely, no one seems to be bothered by all the stereotyping of blondes I see on these boards. As a blonde all my life, I've heard it forever and just laugh it off because I know it's not true. It truly doesn't bother me, but what's good for one group should be what's good for all, IMO.

I was really sorry to see the twins go, they were so likable. However, I don't understand how anyone in this day and age hasn't learned to swim, if only as a safety measure. There are so many places to learn that are free or very inexpensive and there is water all around us. I had my boys in the pool by the time they were six months old, and they could swim the length of a pool either on top of or underwater by the time they were two. Babies are natural swimmers and can quickly learn to breathe and bubble.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Strangely, no one seems to be bothered by all the stereotyping of blondes I see on these boards. As a blonde all my life, I've heard it forever and just laugh it off because I know it's not true. It truly doesn't bother me, but what's good for one group should be what's good for all, IMO.

I was really sorry to see the twins go, they were so likable. However, I don't understand how anyone in this day and age hasn't learned to swim, if only as a safety measure. There are so many places to learn that are free or very inexpensive and there is water all around us. I had my boys in the pool by the time they were six months old, and they could swim the length of a pool either on top of or underwater by the time they were two. Babies are natural swimmers and can quickly learn to breathe and bubble.
    ha yes! The gorgeous, dumb blonde stereotype, too, the toothless hockey dudes etc. Life is a big stereotype on Reality TV. The only people who broke that one were Brendan the PhD and Rachel the Chemist/Showgirl :p
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am not a doctor- I just play one on the Internet but don't you need some type of equipment to accurately diagnose a muscle tear? A visual assessment wouldn't be all they would do?
    Mine was diagnosed with nothing more than a visual and hands on test accompanied by the questions about when, how, etc. I just took a moment to google the question and this is the most common answer as to how a strain or tear is diagnosed. One site referred to having an "oh s*&!" moment when the tear/strain actually happens. I can attest to that....it put me on the floor. There is usually some bruising, swelling, pain (initially sharp and intense). Often it feels like a pop. There are varying degrees and they can be serious enough to require surgery, but these are much more rare. There may be an indention in the muscle where the tear happened once swelling begins to subside.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I was on a cruise ship last Oct. that was repositioning to Sydney, Australia. One of the stops was Bora Bora. It is as beautiful as it looks, and I hope to go back some day. We went on the most fantastic tour there called Maohi Nui, and I was so excited to see Patrick, who runs the tour, hand out the first clue when they got off the water taxis. He is a tribal chief, and the nicest man you could ever meet.

Back to watching the race, since I recorded it last night.
    My parents on going on the Sydney to Hawaii cruise in April and just found out about the tour with Patrick, but it is already full. They had heard wonderful things about him and wish they had heard about the tour sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We just got back from a western Caribbean cruise. One of the things we did was an excursion that included cave tubing and ziplining. I swim like a rock, but wasn't concerned because we had on life vests (and you're supposed to stay ON the tube and float as well). At one point we had to each propel ourselves from one part of the river to another, and my poor husband just kept spinning in a circle. When I saw that, I paddled over to him on my tube, hooked my feet under his armpits, and started calling, "STROKE, STROKE." (Otherwise, I fear the poor darling would still be spinning in a circle in a cave in Belize.)

When we came out of the water, we laughed and agreed that it would NOT be a good idea for us to go on TAR. But then, I'm 66 and he's almost 72, so there are more reasons than his lack of paddling skills that would keep us from doing well on the show.
    I just now have been reading everyone's posts and I just have to say when I got to your post I laughed so hard and could imagine the same sort of thing happening to myself. I never learned to swim as a kid, but I had the opposite type of problem. I can float for hours, but for some reason I can't stay underneath the water. When I was young there wasn't any place around that provided swimming lessons close enough to get to without driving and with both my parents working I just never had the opportunity. When I started working this friend of mine who was terrified of the water and I decided to enroll in a Red Cross program for adults to learn how to swim. I ended up being able to swim a bit, but nothing fancy.

One thing for sure is I would never go on something like the TAR because of all the tasks that they have shown so far I don't think I could have done any of them. My husband would be great as he is able to do all of those things and guess he would have to choose a friend to race with other than me.

Just had to tell you that your post gave me such a great laugh and was glad that you mentioned that the both of you had laughed about it after as well. I am sure it was scary at the time. Quick thinking when you thought to yell "stroke, stroke."
    AZChristian likes this.

I don't get why folks don't prepare themselves for this show. There is always a water challenge, usually multiple water challenges, climbing tall things both up and down, jumping off of tall things, eating awful food, lots and lots of running, why, oh, why every season you have the non swimmers, the fear of heights and the unfit. Yes, I am talking about the twins and Mullet Heads wife. This woman has let that man do the majority of the challenges so far. There is a certain point where she will have no choice but to do a challenge because he has done his share. As for the twins well they are gone I am hoping and not coming back.

Luv'ed the stilt challenge, cause we really haven't seen that many balance challenges. Only wish the male of the newlyweds had pulled a groin muscle from all those giant kicks he attempted.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I felt sorry for the doctors. I wonder if now that this episode has aired they are kicking themselves for not following YouTubers and having one guy stay in the boat? For that matter, why didn't any of the other pearl teams think of this? Gads, as soon as the first team read the clue, that's what I thought of. "Ok, honey, you're a guy and stronger. You dive, and I'll shuck these suckers as fast as I can in the boat." And come to think of it, why did most teams choose this challenge? It was like the sandcastles last week. Who knew how many of those clams you would have to open? Again, as soon as they read the clue, I thought, "Sheesh, that table challenge sounds a lot easier." And sure enough the three teams who did it whizzed through it. Somebody commented on lack of common sense this season. Oh, yeah. It shows.

That reminds me. Last week somebody here said something about "I'm going to do a lot of hating this season." How about we start a hating club? I have never disliked more than one team this early in a season, so this is going to be a long season. Let me count the ways....

---Johnica "Oh we want to bask in the glory of our fellow contestants sucking up to us. Suckers! They have no idea we're going to screw them when it comes time to give out the XPass."

--YouTubers First, their disgustingly immoral conduct in the airport last week (see the the thread). Second, they just irritate me.

--Newlyweds Not quite so bad this week, but have not redeemed themselves from last week.

--Mullet Alabama I like the husband, but the wife irritates me. She uses her being overweight as an excuse to let her husband do the challenges. On the pearl diving, she stayed in the boat until well into the challenge. Unlike YouTubers, though, she wasn't opening the clams. Her husband was doing it all in the water. And then of course he had to turn right around and do the stilts. It was amazing he could run to the pit stop.

I like all the other teams. They work well together and don't become discouraged when the chips are down. My favorites are the roller derby mothers and father/son. It kills me that the latter are eliminated next week because of the father's foot. At least, that's what it looks like from the previews. The father was crying, and he wouldn't have been unless the doctor had told the bad news.
    I pretty much agree with your assessment of everyone although I have to say for some reason the YouTubers did not bother me as much this week and I think a lot of that had to do with how well they worked at that task together. They certainly had the best strategy of all the teams. The father and son team are one of my favorites and for forgetting their scuba gear they did extremely well. I guess it will be wait and see regarding YouTubers as they were horrible last week with their attitude.

I liked then twin doctors, but when one of them was strongly talking about just taking a penalty I was disappointed that they would give up so fast and wondered why the one who said it, didn't suggest trying the other task, and instead just talked about taking the penalty. I don''t think I have seen a season where so many talk about taking a penalty and giving up, unless I am not remembering. I did think they would be stronger than what they showed last week with the sand castles and this week with the pearl diving, but at least they changed their mind, and did not give up. I keep thinking they are oby-gn doctors and for that reason alone thought they would be a strong team.

Really hope that the father/son get to stay, but it looks rather bleak. I don't have it narrowed down yet, but the Father/Son (if they stay), Roller Derby Moms and the Country Singers are my favorites so far. After what both Father/Son have been through they know what is important in life.
    Babbred likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast