+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 2/17 TAR 22 Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/17 AR 22 Premiere Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

The newlywed team I am not going to like. She seems like a total bitch and he seems like a scared little puppy. I totally can see why she doest have any friends!
    holly71, NCLurker and GabbyG like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I wish I was there to ask Winona if she wanted a little whine with her vodka. Yeesh.

Definitely a few annoying teams, and a good shot for one of those teams to go since two annoying teams were in the bottom three. But no such luck.

Ah well, maybe next time.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

For some reason I felt very underwhelmed by this episode. It didn't keep my attention much throughout. It'll be hard to pick a favorite, I suppose.
    Shoepie, spockwhat and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Well, I guess I have my answer. I wonder if it's really wise for J/J to back out on an alliance so early, though. It makes it far less likely that anyone else in the alliance will ever want to help them, should they need it.

Who said they ruptured their Achilles in the preview? If that wasn't an exaggeration, he's right--they are out. No way anyone should run a race on a ruptured Achilles tendon.
    I think it would be unwise for the first team to reneg on the deal that the second team to arrive from the alliance got the second pass. But on the flip side - it is a very powerful tool and if used quickly it could affect things early on.

And it was team father son (father) who says he's ruptured it. I hope that it doesn't happen - go through all that stuff with cancer and this kick them out of it.

All I'm going to say about this first episode is this:

1. I loved the sandcastle challenge, but they were ALL stupid to think that it was in the castle itself. That would've been a lot different if they realized they were markers more than holes.

and

2. Never EVER agree to take a joint penalty for not doing a task - NEVER. You are creating an equalizer that coule eliminate you quickly = as it did here. The firefighters WERE considering just keeping on going and even if it took three/four hours there was a chance they'd still finished ahead of the other two teams. I think sadly we'd still had the witchy newlyweds but it's to me better to take the chance you won't be eliminated by doing a task without a penalty if there are two teams that agree to take it than creating an equalizer that will put you in a race where you could be eliminated.

I don't like the newlyweds - and ironically I feel they're more of a stunt casting than the twin Doctors, who were on a reality series "the Doctors" apparently. I don't think the show should cast a team and given them essentially a vacation while running the race. Worse, these two feel more entitled than most of these teams.

Well the last three are losers already in my book

Twinnies! oops wrong season. But we do have twins - although they come across a bit wimpy to me

I like the mums that roller derby( and kick butt!)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Man, the Bora Bora location was stunningly beautiful, talk about a delight for the eyes. The sand Roadblock reminded me of a rather similar one in the first Amazing Race Asia season, which was downright brutal. Seem digging in the sand is TAR's version of torture. I think the right strategy, at least for the first teams to get there, should've been to stick to the castles closest to the shore. The sand was so soft that it needed to get wet to stay fir and form the castles, so closest to the shore means shorter trips to the water, and a clue (or more) os bound to be in one of that row. Anyway, here are my thoughts on the teams so far, with my current nicknames I've come up with for them:

Jessica & John- I'm kinda meh on them so far, could go either way. Going back on their alliance now would be a huge mistake and make them look petty and dumb. You never know when a team can help you or hinder you. Maybe they didn't see it while this was filming, but I need only point out the TwiNNies brilliant use of the Double U-Turn last season to see how an alliance can work properly and how other teams can hinder you into elimination. Theese two better watch out.

Bates & Anthony (Hockey Puckey)- I believe Bates is the long-haired one. They seem nice so far.

Dave & Connor- I'm liking them as well, they came across as really positive and good natured. Hopefully we don't get their cancer survivor status hammered upside our heads a lot. I like an inspirational story, but not when it's shoved in my face several times per episode.

Pam & Winnie (Team Kawaii)- So Winnie is the taller of the two, okay. I certainly liked them quite a bunch, they're cute but seem pretty tough. I also liked how they immediately saw through Idris & Jamil's lie.

Mona & Beth (The Roller Moms)- I liked them quite a bunch too, especially how they realized their mistake yet never gave up, stayed positive and bounced back. That's the kind of atttitude I like.

Joey & Meghan (The Youtubers)- I'm on the fence with them. I liked enthusiasm, but Joey could go over the top with it. Meghan seemed okay. I will give them a few more episodes to see.

Chuck & Wynona (Team TaxiderMullet)- I want to like them, they seem nice enough andd Wynona's craving for a vodka with 7-Up was far more tolerable than any whining. But I can't get over the taxidermy thing, I just don't like the thought of killing an animal and then "preserving" it like a statue.

Idries & Jamil (The Twin Docs)- I know one of them has a slightly bushier, thicker goatee, just not sure which one. I thought they were okay, but whoever did the sand roadblock came across as quite wimpy and whiny. I'll give them a chance, though.

Max & Katie (The Snobby Shrews)- They barely opened their mouths and already I despised them. The came across like total jerks with a way too high opinion of themselves, and I can't wait for these two to go home asap. She seems like an antisocial tool and he seems to relish the fact that she's that way and wants to aspire to be such too. Can't wait for their hopefully quick elimination so I can indulge in schadenfreude at their defeat.

Caroline & Jennifer (The Country Belles)- Can't miss out on a team of blonde ladies that seem like twins, huh? I do notice that Caroline is the shorter of the two, so there's that. I liked them well enough, they did nothing to annoy me. Just hope they won't quit again.

Matt & Daniel- I didn't even know which was which, and they barely had any screentime till their elimination. Their comment about them being beaten by couple of blonde girls made me happy they got eliminated (though not as happy as I would've been had the Snobby Shrews been eliminated). I never like that type of comments made towards all-girl teams.
    GabbyG and spockwhat like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I sometimes like the villain. Maybe I'll end up liking Max and Katie if they last.
    spockwhat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    For some reason I felt very underwhelmed by this episode. It didn't keep my attention much throughout. It'll be hard to pick a favorite, I suppose.
    I thought it was OK, but nothing spectacular other than Bora Bora itself...certainly no cheese rolling...still my favourite opening episode of all time. I still chuckle just thinking about it.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Rembrant, I pretty much agree with your assessments.
    I found Wynona beyond "craving for a 7-up and vodka" though. She was whiny... really whiny during that task. So were a few of the others though, so I'll give her a chance anyway.
    Also, I found the youtubers pretty annoying overall. If they prove to have a sense of humour with the hyperactivity, it may turn out all right.
    As for Max and Katie, I'm with JohnnyK, I may end up liking them. There are some people who don't like people because they feel they are superior, then some others don't like people just because... they don't like people. If Katie is more of the latter type than I may enjoy her. But she has said things that indicate she has a superiority complex.

FORT Fan

Did anyone else notice that one of the girls in the last group at the sandcastle challenge was using a plastic shovel to dig? I think the shovels were with the buckets where the clues were staged, but I didn't see anyone else using one. I kept thinking it would be torture on your bare hands after a while, and a shovel would make a huge difference.

Also, I thought the clue actually said to DIG under the sandcastle but most of them (twin doctor included) just swiped the sandcastle off and then rebuilt it. I bet they passed up several clues before finally finding one.

It would be interesting on a challenge like that if we could have an overhead shot that showed where the clues were, so we could see who was close, who missed one, etc. I'd rather spend time on that than watching skydiver/skydiver/skydiver/skydiver all doing the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread