+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Amazing Race 22 Pool

Re: Amazing Race 22 Pool

Well, I lost my reserve team. What an idiot move not to use the Express Pass. Hope the rest of my Brawlers stick around a while.

Thanks Pikachu for doing this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Amazing Race 22 Pool Results
    Episode 5

Pam and Winnie finished first, earning 35 points.
    Max and Katie came in second, earning 30 points.
    Mona and Beth were third, getting 25 points.
    Anthony and Bates finished fourth, getting 20 points.
    Caroline and Jen came in fifth, earning 15 points.
    Joey and Meghan were sixth, earning 10 points.
    Chuck and Wynona finished seventh, getting 5 points.
    Dave and Connor had to withdraw from the race for medical reasons so they got 0 points this week.

Weekly Scores
    7 NonBlondes and John: 105 points
    Better Luck This Time: 85 points
    Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 80 points
    Buckeye Brawlers: 130 points
    Crazy Cats: 110 points
    Dixie Drifters: 130 points
    Kaninhop Champs: 80 points
    Mischief Managed: 85 points
    Phil’s Eyebrow: 85 points
    Philbrow: 145 points
    Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 70 points
    Rock’m Sock’m: 115 points
    Slap Shot Express: 95 points
    Sundays with Phil: 60 points
    Supreme Mediocrity: 40 points
    Team Maybs: 105 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 90 points
    The Alabama Skinners: 55 points
    The Commanders of Awesome: 30 points

Team Rankings
    1. Sundays with Phil: 600 points
    2. Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 565 points
    2. Kaninhop Champs: 565 points
    3. Dixie Drifters: 535 points
    3. Phil’s Eyebrow: 535 points
    3. Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 535 points
    4. Buckeye Brawlers: 530 points
    4. Team Maybs: 530 points
    5. Mischief Managed: 510 points
    5. Philbrow: 510 points
    6. Slap Shot Express: 500 points
    7. Team Phileas Fogg: 465 points
    7. 7 NonBlondes and John: 465 points
    8. Better Luck This Time: 460 points
    9. Rock’m Sock’m: 450 points
    10. Crazy Cats: 430 points
    11. The Alabama Skinners: 360 points
    12. Supreme Mediocrity: 330 points
    13. The Commanders of Awesome: 305 points

Sundays with Phil remain on the top of the leaderboard, however they were weakened by the loss of their team captains, David and Connor. Will Anthony & Bates, Joey & Meghan, and Katie & Max be strong enough to pull the camel caravan alone or will they start to lose progress?

Betting on Japan and Kaninhop Champs are in a similar predicament with the loss of David & Connor. They placed second this week with the 1st, 3rd, and 4th place finishers on their team but they’ll be down to three active couples on their team next week. The Rabbit Rickshaw is getting lighter by the week but as long as at least one couple remains along for the ride, perhaps these two pool teams can finish strong.

Revenge of the Beer Bellies slowed their beer wagon to a trot to give the Clydesdales a rest from their breakneck pace, slipping from second place to third place this week. They were the second team that had David & Connor as their team captains. They join Phil’s Eyebrow, who moved up from fourth place last week, and Dixie Drifters, who drifted away from Slap Shot Express with the addition of their reserve team, Pamela and Winnie, and moved up from sixth place last week.

Two other teams who moved up this week were Buckeye Brawlers and Team Maybs. The Buckeye coach was in fifth place last week and rose to fourth place. The Team Maybs train had been in sixth place but seems to be on the same schedule as the Brawlers for the moment.

Mischief Managed lost control of their Firebolt and are in a downward spiral, falling from third place to fifth. They join Philbrow, another airborne team, who moved up in their jet from ninth place last week.

Slap Shot Express maintained their position at sixth place, keeping their snowmobile at a steady pace to prevent falling off or skidding out.

Team Phileas Fogg fired up their hot air balloon to move up one space, from eighth place to seventh, being met by 7 NonBlondes and John in their jeep, who advanced from twelfth place last week.

In eighth place is Better Luck This Time. Their tugboat had a minor setback and shifted down one space from seventh place last week.

Rock’m Sock’m moved up from tenth place to ninth. Those motorcycle mamas are burning rubber, trying to distance themselves from the end of the leaderboard.

Not far behind, the Crazy Cats have the same idea and are cruising their sand cat as fast as possible, advancing two spots to tenth place.

The Alabama Skinners maintained their position in eleventh place, avoiding near disaster when Chuck and Wynona were spared from elimination. The mighty swamp buggy might have mud in its wheels but it’s not bogged down yet!

Supreme Mediocrity remains in twelfth place. They’re using their vantage point in the helicopter to watch the other teams and gather information so they’ll be ready to swoop in and overtake them when the time is right.

And the Commanders of Awesome kept their spot at the end of the leaderboard. The submarine has been sinking but at least they managed not to lose any more crew members this week

Philbrow got the highest weekly score! Their reward is lunch with Phil to enjoy a steaming bowl of pho. Hope you like spicy food!! Perhaps the two of you can have a game of chess after the meal.

Last edited by pikachu; 03-18-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

My eyes have cleared up, but my ribs are still a little sore. Those Thai kickboxers sure did a number on me. I wonder if Philbrow can hear me chanting, "We're number Two! We're number Two!"

Yup, I was afraid the "one team quits" shocker in the ad was a fake out and that it was indeed David and Connor headed home. Hopefully the lead will hold out with the camel caravan slowing down.... it looks like that if Max & Katie do really well, with Bates & Anthony taking second place a lot, we might still be in the running by the end of this. Either way, it was a good first few weeks and I hope David's surgery goes well!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

We’re about halfway through the season so I decided to do a mid-term progress report to let people know how their team is doing. I gave each team 20 points if they still had their team captains, 10 points if they had an unplayed reserve couple, and 10 points for each other couple still on their team.

A = 60 points
    B = 50 points
    C = 40 points
    D = 30 points
    F = 20 points or below

7 NonBlondes and John: C
    Maybaybie still has their team captains (Pam & Winnie) plus two additional couples (Beth & Mona, Joey & Meghan) and are currently one of the mid-ranked pool teams. They have some potential to move up since Pam & Winnie and Beth & Mona have been ending the legs of the race near the front of the pack. Joey & Meghan, however, finished next to last in this week’s episode and if they get eliminated in the next few weeks, it could mean disaster for the NonBlondes.

Better Luck This Time: B
    Tbamom has her team captains, Anthony & Bates, still in play, plus three other couples (Beth & Mona, Caroline & Jen, and Chuck & Wynona). They’re currently mid-ranked on the leaderboard and have the potential to move up if Anthony & Bates outlast Pam & Winnie and Katie & Max in the race.

Betting on Japan: D
    Evande lost their team captains (Jessica & John) and have three couples left in the competition (Anthony & Bates, Beth & Mona, Pam & Winnie). They’re currently ranked high on the leaderboard but without a captain to earn them double points, they’ll start losing ground to teams that are earning double points. Their best hope is if Pam & Winnie go far in the game, since fewer other teams have them as their captains.

Buckeye Brawlers: B
    BuckeyeGal still has her team captains (Anthony & Bates) plus three other couples (Beth & Mona, Katie & Max, Pam & Winnie). They’re currently one of the top-ranked teams and have great potential to move up the leaderboard. This week, their couples came in first, second, third, and fourth so if they keep doing this well, Buckeye Brawlers has a shot at winning the pool this season!

Crazy Cats: B
    Photobabe has held onto her team captains (Beth & Mona) plus three other couples (Anthony & Bates, Chuck & Wynona, Pam & Winnie). Currently one of the low-ranked teams, Crazy Cats has a chance to move up the leaderboard. Their weakest link at the moment appears to be Chuck & Wynona, who nearly got eliminated on the last show. If they can recover and stay in the race a bit longer, Crazy Cats can advance past teams that have lost their captains and/or don’t have a full team of four couples.

Dixie Drifters: B
    Dixielandbelle has her team captains (Anthony & Bates) plus three other couples (Beth & Mona, Katie & Max, Pam & Winnie). They’re currently a top-ranked team and all of their couples have been doing well in the race. They definitely have potential to keep climbing up the leaderboard.

Kaninhop Champs: D
    My team is in the same boat as Evande’s team. Pam & Winnie started off erratic and have made blunders along the way so initially I was glad I didn’t choose them as my team captains but with David Connor (my team captains) out for medical reasons, I’m now wishing I had chosen Pam & Winnie as my captains.

Mischief Managed: C
    Florimel has kept her team captains (Beth & Mona) in play plus two other couples (Anthony & Bates, Caroline & Jen). They’re currently mid-ranked and have the best potential to move up the leaderboard if Caroline & Jen outlast Katie & Max and Pam & Winnie.

Phil’s Eyebrow: C
    Greyhoundmom still has her team captains (Anthony & Bates) plus two other couples (Joey & Meghan, Pam & Winnie). They’re currently one of the top-ranked teams but could have trouble maintaining their position since they’re down a couple and Joey & Meghan were one of the last couples to get to the pit stop. If Joey & Meghan manage to leap-frog from next-to-last place to first place and go on to win the race, Phil’s Eyebrow has a chance to move up the leaderboard.

Philbrow: B
    Arielflies has retained their team captains (Pam & Winnie) plus three other couples (Anthony & Bates, Beth & Mona, Katie & Max). They’re currently a mid-ranked team and could stay high on the leaderboard. They’re one of several teams with the top four couples from this week so order on the leaderboard could come down to which one of the top four go out first. If Pam & Winnie outlast the other three, Philbrow has a great chance to end the season with a strong finish.

Revenge of the Beer Bellies: D
    Beerbelly has lost their team captains (David & Connor) but has three other couples in play (Beth & Mona, Joey & Meghan, Pam & Winnie). They’re currently top-ranked but without their team captains, it looks like they’ll start to drop. They also have to worry about Joey & Meghan falling behind and getting eliminated from the race. They have to hope that Anthony & Bates, Katie & Max, Caroline & Jen or Chuck & Wynona get eliminated before any of the rest of their team.

Rock’m Sock’m: B
    Midol still has her team captains (Beth & Mona) plus three other couples (Anthony & Bates, Caroline & Jen, Katie & Max). They’re currently one of the lower-ranked teams but with three couples placing well at the end of the last leg, they have a chance to move up. Their best bet is if underdogs Caroline & Jen outlast some of the current high-ranking teams and win the race. If Katie & Max also make it to the finale, that would be a double bonus!

Slap Shot Express: C
    Hyper has maintained their team captains (Anthony & Bates) plus two other couples (Beth & Mona, Katie & Max). They’re currently mid-ranked on the leaderboard and are likely to stay there. They have a good team left but being down one couple hurts their chances of staying ahead of other teams with a full roster. Their best bet of moving ahead is if Katie & Max start winning some legs and win the race.

Sundays with Phil: D
    Jsciv lost their team captains (David & Connor) but has three other couples still in the game (Anthony & Bates, Joey & Meghan, Katie & Max). They’re currently the top-ranked team and have a good lead over the second place teams. They need the extra points they won at the beginning of the season to keep them high on the leaderboard now that they no longer have captains earning them double points. They have the potential to hold their place as long as they don’t lose any other couples in the next few weeks.

Supreme Mediocrity: D
    Dajazz lost their team captains (Idries & Jamil) early in the race but they have three other couples left (Anthony & Bates, Caroline & Jen, Chuck & Wynona). They’re currently low-ranked on the leaderboard. Their best bet to move up is to root for the underdogs (Caroline & Jen and Chuck & Wynona). If those two couples make it to the finale, Supreme Mediocrity could end up in the middle of the leaderboard.

Team Maybs: B
    R2maybs still has their team captains (Anthony & Bates) plus three other couples (Beth & Mona, Chuck & Wynona, Pam & Winnie). They’re currently one of the top-ranked teams and have the potential to stay high in the rankings if Chuck & Wynona don’t bring them down. Their best bet is to have two or three of the couples make it to the finale.

Team Phileas Fogg: B
    Veejer has maintained their team captains (Beth & Mona) plus three other couples (Anthony & Bates, Caroline & Jen, Chuck & Wynona). They’re currently mid-ranked and could move up as long as they don’t lose Caroline & Jen or Chuck & Wynona. Having something go wrong for Katie & Max or Pam & Winnie would help their team climb the leaderboard.

The Alabama Skinners: D
    JohnnyK still has his team captains (Chuck & Wynona) plus two other couples (Caroline & Jen, Katie & Max). They’re currently one of the lower-ranked teams. If all three of the remaining couples stay in the race and finish strong, The Alabama Skinners could move up.

The Commanders of Awesome: F
    KWBoogieboy lost their team captains (Daniel & Matthew) before the pool even began and are down to only two couples (Anthony & Bates, Joey & Meghan). They’re currently the lowest-ranked team and it isn’t likely they’ll escape that position. Their best bet is if their two remaining couples make it to the finale and one of them wins the race. Even then, I doubt the Commanders would be able to make up the points difference to escape last place.
    Hyper and JohnnyK like this.

I'm so glad I had those rocket boosters put on my jeep at the last pit stop....moved up from 12th to 7th....now if I can just find a place to buy jet fuel at our next destination I may be able to move up some more.
    pikachu likes this.

Sha! I wish I could have been graded before the end of last week's episode. I wouild have done better than a D.

Thanks Pikachu...It's interesting that nobody got an A. I don't feel so bad now. This might turn out to be an interesting season since there doesn't seem to be any one domintant team. Can't wait for DWTS tonight so that I can pick my teams for that pool!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Up until this week, Florimel still had an unplayed reserve team but with David and Connor leaving, they had to dip into their reserves. I guess you could say they have a B+/A-.

Thanks, pikachu!!! My hot air balloon needs a tail wind!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread