+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Amazing Race 22 Pool

Re: Amazing Race 22 Pool

Well, I am a twin, so it's nothing new for me. Hitch my rickshaw to the back or your VW Rabbit and let's win this thing!

Huh. My captains, despite will-they-or-won't-they-stay actually won the leg (again? Is this two legs or one?) AND I had an elimination. But hey, my alternates' star is rising, so that's something!

I had to double check because I couldn't for the life of me remember who my 4th team was and I was worried that it was the team that got eliminated. Phew...I had some foresight.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Amazing Race 22 Pool Results
    Episode 3

Results will be presented in two parts because the episode last night began with the order the teams arrived at the pit stop from the previous episode and they continued racing through this episode. No team was eliminated last week.

Dave and Connor finished first, earning 45 points.
    Jessica and John came in second, earning 40 points.
    Anthony and Bates were third, getting 35 points.
    Pam and Winnie finished fourth, getting 30 points.
    Joey and Meghan came in fifth, earning 25 points.
    Caroline and Jen were sixth, earning 20 points.
    Mona and Beth finished seventh, getting 15 points.
    Max and Katie came in eighth, earning 10 points.
    Chuck and Wynona finished last, getting 5 points.

Weekly Scores
    7 NonBlondes and John: 140 points
    Better Luck This Time: 110 points
    Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 190 points
    Buckeye Brawlers: 125 points
    Crazy Cats: 100 points
    Dixie Drifters: 135 points
    Kaninhop Champs: 190 points
    Mischief Managed: 130 points
    Phil’s Eyebrow: 165 points
    Philbrow: 125 points
    Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 160 points
    Rock’m Sock’m: 100 points
    Slap Shot Express: 135 points
    Sundays with Phil: 190 points
    Supreme Mediocrity: 100 points
    Team Maybs: 155 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 125 points
    The Alabama Skinners: 80 points
    The Commanders of Awesome: 100 points

Team Rankings
    1. Sundays with Phil: 405 points
    2. Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 375 points
    2. Kaninhop Champs: 375 points
    3. Phil’s Eyebrow: 350 points
    4. Team Maybs: 330 points
    5. Dixie Drifters: 315 points
    5. Slap Shot Express: 315 points
    6. Mischief Managed: 295 points
    7. Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 290 points
    8. Better Luck This Time: 285 points
    8. Team Phileas Fogg: 285 points
    9. Buckeye Brawlers: 275 points
    10. 7 NonBlondes and John: 230 points
    10. Supreme Mediocrity: 230 points
    10. The Commanders of Awesome: 230 points
    11. Philbrow: 225 points
    12. Rock’m Sock’m: 225 points
    13. Crazy Cats: 215 points
    13. The Alabama Skinners: 215 points

Sundays with Phil maintained their 30 point lead from last week. The caravan never stops, plodding on day and night to keep ahead of the other teams. Their stamina is second to none!

In second place, Betting On Japan and Kaninhop Champs had a friendly race to keep their pace up. The fleet-footed Betting on Japan’s rickshaw managed to keep stride with Kaninhop’s Volkswagen Rabbit.

Phil’s Eyebrow fell back one spot from last week. The dogsled chose to maintain their speed instead of racing with Betting on Japan and Kaninhop Champs in hopes of not taxing their team’s endurance.

Team Maybs was right on schedule, keeping their train in fourth place. They managed to pass by two teams that had been ahead of them last week.

Dixie Drifters and Slap Shot Express fell from third place to fifth place. The paddlewheel stopped to load up supplies and while at port, they joined Slap Shot Express, taking a break from their snowmobile, at a saloon for drinks and entertainment, putting them slightly behind Team Maybs.

Mischief Managed had to shift course to avoid a whomping willow and went from fifth place to sixth place. Their Firebolt remained intact and they got right back on the race.

Revenge of the Amazing Bellies galloped their beer wagon to seventh place, moving up from ninth place last week to pass several other teams. Go Clydesdales!!!

Better Luck This Time ran aground and had to be pulled out of shallow water by a crane, slowing their tugboat down to eighth place. Team Phileas Fogg, drifting by in their hot air balloon, spotted them in trouble and called in help. Better Luck This Time thanked them for their chivalrous gesture and they agreed to get back on the race, may the best team win!

Buckeye Brawlers dropped from seventh place to ninth place. The coach had to make several stops along the way for rest breaks and to gas up, slowing their progress.

7 NonBlondes and John, recovered from their engine problems last week, made great time and moved up from thirteenth place to tenth place. Their jeep’s ability to navigate over rough terrain helped them take shortcuts that other teams couldn’t take advantage of. They caught up with Supreme Mediocrity in their helicopter and The Commanders of Awesome in their submarine, also in tenth place.

Philbrow’s private jet rocketed up one position from twelfth place to eleventh place. They fought some turbulence and had to change course a few times to avoid storm systems but managed to make up some time with their expert pilot at the stick.

The Rock’m Sock’m motorcycle had a spinout! Going too fast when they hit a curve, their back wheel flew out from under them and they skidded to a stop on the pavement. Lucky for them they were wearing safety gear so they picked themselves up, brushed off the gravel, and got back on the road, ending at twelfth place.

Crazy Cats and The Alabama Skinners shared last place. The Skinners lost their direction and wasted time wheeling around in their swamp buggy until they spotted Crazy Cat’s sand cat. They followed them to get back on course. The heavy sand cat doesn’t move fast but it has a good navigation system and can stand up to the elements so endurance might win out for it over speed.

Betting on Japan, Kaninhop Champs, and Sundays with Phil got the highest weekly score! Their reward is a trip to Bangkok.

Stay tuned for episode 4 results.

Thanks, for doing this you have been busy this morning.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Amazing Race 22 Pool Results
    Episode 4

One of the most-picked couples, Jessica and John, were eliminated from the race, going from a second place finish in the previous leg to last place in this leg. That will have an impact on the leaderboard this week but even more of an impact next week, as many teams dig into their reserves or even end up down one couple. Why didn’t they use that Express Pass before it was too late?!

Dave and Connor finished first, earning 45 points.
    Pam and Winnie came in second, earning 40 points.
    Max and Katie were third, getting 35 points.
    Caroline and Jen finished fourth, getting 30 points.
    Joey and Meghan came in fifth, earning 25 points.
    Mona and Beth were sixth, earning 20 points.
    Anthony and Bates finished seventh, getting 15 points.
    Chuck and Wynona came in eighth, earning 10 points.
    Jessica and John finished last, getting 5 points. They were eliminated from the race.

Weekly Scores
    7 NonBlondes and John: 130 points
    Better Luck This Time: 90 points
    Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 110 points
    Buckeye Brawlers: 125 points
    Crazy Cats: 105 points
    Dixie Drifters: 90 points
    Kaninhop Champs: 110 points
    Mischief Managed: 130 points
    Phil’s Eyebrow: 100 points
    Philbrow: 140 points
    Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 175 points
    Rock’m Sock’m: 110 points
    Slap Shot Express: 90 points
    Sundays with Phil: 135 points
    Supreme Mediocrity: 60 points
    Team Maybs: 95 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 90 points
    The Alabama Skinners: 90 points
    The Commanders of Awesome: 45 points

Team Rankings
    1. Sundays with Phil: 540 points
    2. Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 485 points
    2. Kaninhop Champs: 485 points
    3. Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 465 points
    4. Phil’s Eyebrow: 450 points
    5. Mischief Managed: 425 points
    5. Team Maybs: 425 points
    6. Dixie Drifters: 405 points
    6. Slap Shot Express: 405 points
    7. Buckeye Brawlers: 400 points
    8. Better Luck This Time: 375 points
    8. Team Phileas Fogg: 375 points
    9. Philbrow: 365 points
    10. 7 NonBlondes and John: 360 points
    11. Rock’m Sock’m: 335 points
    12. Crazy Cats: 320 points
    13. The Alabama Skinners: 305 points
    14. Supreme Mediocrity: 290 points
    15. The Commanders of Awesome: 275 points

There’s just no stopping Sundays with Phil. They must have rocket fuel in their camels’ humps because they are 55 points ahead of the next place team. Will this season be a runaway victory for them or will they unexpectedly perish from exhaustion?

Betting on Japan and Kaninhop Racers have formed an alliance since they have the same members on their team and chosen to run the race together. They’re towing the rickshaw behind the Volkswagen Rabbit and are taking turns driving. They’re still in second place but seeing Sundays with Phil pulling out farther and farther ahead of them.

Revenge of the Beer Bellies are on a rampage, driving their team of Clydesdales for all their worth and moving from seventh place to third. They’re only 20 points away from second place and if they continue at this pace could overcome the Rabbit and possibly even give the camel caravan a run for their money!

Phil’s Eyebrow is mushing their dog sled onward, stopping only for brief rests and avoiding obstacles that could slow them down. Beer Bellies’ beer wagon compacted the snow, making it easier to go through, so Phil’s eyebrow followed their path to finish in fourth place.

A dementor boarded Team Maybs train, slowing down their progress as it tried to give a kiss to doomed couple, Jessica and John. Fortunately for them, Mischief Managed came along on their Firebolt and used a patronus charm to shoo it away. Both teams finished this leg in fifth place.

Another team that formed an alliance and decided to travel together was Dixie Drifters and Slap Shot Express. They took the engine out of the snowmobile and hooked it up to the paddleboat to give it more horsepower. They’re churning along in sixth place, enjoying the view from the deck of the paddleboat as they cruise down the river.

Buckeye Brawlers imposed a strict time schedule on their coach to keep rest stops to a minimum and managed to move up two spots on the leaderboard. They finished the leg in seventh place, only 5 points away from the next highest teams.

Better Luck This Time and Team Phileas Fogg are still running neck and next from their encounter in the last leg. Better Luck’s tugboat has kept up with Phileas’ hot air balloon as they both strive to edge their way up the leaderboard. Currently, they’re in eighth place.

Philbrow’s jet continues to advance. Clear skies have helped them move from eleventh place to ninth place.

7 NonBlondes and John maintained their place in tenth, pulling ahead of the teams they were even with on the last leg. The jeep is only 5 points away from Philbrow’s jet, with hopes of overtaking them down the road.

Rock’m Sock’m recovered from their mishap and moved up to eleventh place, revving the engine on their motorcycle to let 7 NonBlondes know they were coming their way!

Crazy Cats gained some momentum in their sand cat and blazed ahead of three other teams, ending the leg in twelfth place.

The Alabama Skinners weren’t able to follow their path in the swamp buggy and had to find an alternate route, putting them in thirteenth place. They found time to capture a small gator and make it into a bathmat while they were trolling through the swamp.

Supreme Mediocrity lost a rotor on their helicopter and had to bring it down for repairs, slowing their progress and putting them in fourteenth place.

The Commanders of Awesome were the last to finish. The rotor that fell off Supreme Mediocrity’s helicopter got sucked into their engine, starting a fire and damaging their navigation equipment. They put the fire out and docked to make repairs, costing them valuable time and putting them behind.

Revenge of the Amazing Bellies got the highest weekly score! Their reward is $5,000. They’ve made an impressive run from ninth place in the first leg to third place this leg, making them serious contenders to win this season of the Amazing Race. Tune in next week to see if they continue to make strides to the top of the leaderboard or if they get stalled.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Philbrow went into hyper-space and a wonderful arch with elimination of Jon/Jessica. The team lost them, but is calling up Reserves, Anthony/Bates to take over the machine gun turret. Oh, you didn't know our jet is equipped with weapons?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I knew it but wasn't going to give your secret away, Arielflies.

I suspect there are a lot of special improvements on your aircraft. I just hope you don't run into problems and have to use the ejector seat!

I didn't realize how many teams had John and Jessica on them until now. It's a good guess in general, right? The team with the Express Pass should do well, especially when they're young and athletic. Sundays With Phil welcomes its new, less-stubborn-than-a-camel members Max and Katie and wishes them well!

Well I'm already into my reserves. I should have trusted my instincts and not put that idiot on my team. I knew I didn't like him and thought he was an arrogant douche...that will teach me!!!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

+ Reply to Thread