+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Amazing Race 22 Pool

Re: Amazing Race 22 Pool

Whenever you can, Pikachu. Your results are always worth waiting for.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Amazing Race 22 Pool Results
    Episode 11

Max and Katie finished first, earning 20 points.
    Anthony and Bates came in second, earning 15 points.
    Mona and Beth were third, earning 10 points.
    Caroline and Jen finished last, getting 5 points. They were eliminated from the race.

Weekly Scores
    7 NonBlondes and John: 10 points
    Better Luck This Time: 45 points
    Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 25 points
    Buckeye Brawlers: 60 points
    Crazy Cats: 35 points
    Dixie Drifters: 60 points
    Kaninhop Champs: 25 points
    Mischief Managed: 60 points
    Phil’s Eyebrow: 30 points
    Philbrow: 45 points
    Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 10 points
    Rock’m Sock’m: 60 points
    Slap Shot Express: 60 points
    Sundays with Phil: 35 points
    Supreme Mediocrity: 20 points
    Team Maybs: 40 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 40 points
    The Alabama Skinners: 25 points
    The Commanders of Awesome: 15 points

Team Rankings
    1. Dixie Drifters: 1,055 points
    2. Buckeye Brawlers: 1,050 points
    3. Mischief Managed: 1,030 points
    4. Team Maybs: 995 points
    5. Slap Shot Express: 985 points
    6. Better Luck This Time: 980 points
    7. Rock’m Sock’m: 970 points
    8. Phil’s Eyebrow: 930 points
    8. Team Phileas Fogg: 930 points
    9. Sundays with Phil: 920 points
    9. Philbrow: 920 points
    10. Crazy Cats: 840 points
    11. Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 835 points
    11. Kaninhop Champs: 835 points
    12. Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 730 points
    13. 7 NonBlondes and John: 695 points
    14. The Alabama Skinners: 655 points
    15. Supreme Mediocrity: 615 points
    16. The Commanders of Awesome: 520 points

I’ll keep this narrative short since I know everyone is anxiously awaiting the results of the final leg, and the announcement of the pool winner!

The main points of interest are Slap Shot Express moved up ahead of Better Luck Next Time, Crazy Cats jumped ahead of Kaninhop Champs and Betting On Japan, and there was a five-way tie for highest weekly score between Buckeye Brawlers, Dixie Drifters, Mischief Managed, Rock’m Sock’m, and Slap Shot Express.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Amazing Race 22 Pool Results
    Final Episode and Awards Presentation

Anthony and Bates won the Amazing Race, earning 35 points.
    Max and Katie came in second, earning 20 points.
    Mona and Beth were third, getting 10 points.

Weekly Scores
    7 NonBlondes and John: 10 points
    Better Luck This Time: 80 points
    Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 45 points
    Buckeye Brawlers: 100 points
    Crazy Cats: 55 points
    Dixie Drifters: 100 points
    Kaninhop Champs: 45 points
    Mischief Managed: 75 points
    Phil’s Eyebrow: 70 points
    Philbrow: 65 points
    Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 10 points
    Rock’m Sock’m: 75 points
    Slap Shot Express: 100 points
    Sundays with Phil: 55 points
    Supreme Mediocrity: 35 points
    Team Maybs: 80 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 55 points
    The Alabama Skinners: 20 points
    The Commanders of Awesome: 35 points

Team Rankings
    1. Dixie Drifters: 1,155 points
    2. Buckeye Brawlers: 1,150 points
    3. Mischief Managed: 1,105 points
    4. Slap Shot Express: 1,085 points
    5. Team Maybs: 1,075 points
    6. Better Luck This Time: 1,060 points
    7. Rock’m Sock’m: 1,045 points
    8. Phil’s Eyebrow: 1,000 points
    9. Team Phileas Fogg: 985 points
    9. Philbrow: 985 points
    10. Sundays with Phil: 975 points
    11. Crazy Cats: 895 points
    12. Betting On (Hoping For) Japan: 880 points
    12. Kaninhop Champs: 880 points
    13. Revenge of the Amazing Bellies: 740 points
    14. 7 NonBlondes and John: 705 points
    15. The Alabama Skinners: 675 points
    16. Supreme Mediocrity: 650 points
    17. The Commanders of Awesome: 555 points

22 seasons of TAR, 11 racing couples, 1 rakishly good-looking New Zealander hosting the show, 19 pool teams, 3 coins in a fountain, 210 calories in a Hershey bar with almonds, one week since you looked at me, threw your arms in the air and said “You’re crazy”. In the end, one pool team edged out all the others for the win and one pool team sunk to the bottom of the pool.

As Phil waits with pikachu at the final pitstop mat, they both keep their eyes peeled for the approach of the winning team. At long last, they hear the strains of music in the air. Coming around the bend, Dixie Drifters steam to the finish line with their Dixieland band on deck in full swing blasting Proud Mary, as their proud captain, dixielandbelle, stands on the upper deck and waves to her family and friends. Pikachu welcomes her with an enthusiastic “Pika-pika!” and then steps back to allow Phil to officially recognize her as the winning team and present her award.

In addition to the commemorative avatar, she wins an Amazing Race bathroom linen set, complete with TAR clue towels, a Travelocity gnome shower curtain, and a pit stop bathmat. Congratulations!

Buckeye Brawlers are second to arrive and are greeted with a high five and a “Pika-pi!” from pikachu. The Buckeye Coach started off slow but gained momentum during the race, ending just five points away from the top spot. BuckeyeGal did her home state proud! For her prize, pikachu baked her some buckeye brownies.

The third team to arrive is Mischief Managed. When she sweeps in on her Firebolt, Florimel is disappointed to see that they’re not the first to arrive but she has her recent win in the Project Runway pool to ease the pain. She's welcomed to the pit stop with a hug and a “Pi-pi-pi!” from pikachu. Her reward for coming in third is a new set of dress robes and a phoenix quill pen.

The rest of the teams arrive and wait for the last place team to check in and get their booby prize, the Wooden Oar Award. The sun goes down and still they haven’t arrived so pikachu and Phil go back to their hotel to get some sleep and wait for word of their arrival. At noon the next day, the submarine of the Commanders of Awesome emerges from the depths of the pool. The commander, KWBoogieboy, exits from the sub and makes his way to the pitstop to claim his prize. Pikachu greets him with a sympathetic “Chu-chu!” and then shakes his hand, thundershocking him in the process. Phil gives him his award and wishes him better luck next time.

I hope you all enjoyed playing in the pool as much as I enjoyed running it! As always, feedback is welcome so if you have suggestions for next time, let me know what you did and didn’t like about your pool experience and we’ll make next season’s TAR pool bigger and better than ever!

Thanks so much for the new avatar, Pikachu. I love it! This was so much fun. I'll be back for next season.

Thanks for doing this, Pikachu. Which other reality shows have pools? I don't want to miss out.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I might be doing a pool for So You Think You Can Dance. I haven't done one for it before and it's one of my favorite reality shows so if there's enough interest, I'll do one for it. We'll have to wait until the auditions are over before we choose teams since we don't know who the contestants will be.

I won't be doing one for Big Brother. I'm not a fan of Big Brother and it's on too many times a week so it's easy to miss a few episodes and get behind in the scoring.

I will definitely be doing pools for future seasons of The Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars, and Survivor.

I'm not sure about Project Runway. Interest in it has been waning for a long time so I don't know if enough people will continue watching it to participate in a pool. Maybe sometime we'll still try doing a doomsday pool for Project Runway, where you try to pick the contestants who you think will be going home for your team. The person to lose their whole pool team first is the winner.

I have considered doing a pool for Face Off.

If anyone wants me to run a pool for a particular show, you can always send me a private message to ask about it. Even if I don't watch the show or intend to run a pool for it myself, I'd be glad to help create a scoresheet for the pool so that someone else can run it.

Thanks Pikachu. You did a great job!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Congrats to Dixie Drifters on the win and to Buckeye Brawlers for the silver!

I love my new phoenix quill and dress robes and I'm delighted to see that they are permanent press. Thanks again for making these shows fun to watch.

I'm still having trouble with them not knowing that chartreuse is green. I looked it up and I was right; it was a crayola color until it was renamed in 1990. That's not so long ago. I also remember having a French liqueur named Chartreuse and it is indeed green. I'm thinking the color was named for the liqueur way back when.

I will participate in the SYTYCD pool if you run one, pikachu. I do not watch any of the Bachelor shows. Might be fun to have a pool for one of the cooking shows. I'd be interested in either Master Chef,, Top Chef, or Next Food Network or Next Iron Chef, whichever of those interests everyone.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I do like Master Chef, Next Food Network Star, and Next Iron Chef. I only haven't watched Top Chef because I don't know when it's on or it's on at the same time as something else I watch. I'll have to check on when the next cooking competition shows start. I probably wouldn't do a pool for all three but I could choose one.

Thanks again for doing this pikachu! I can't believe that three of my teams made final three... too bad I lost my replacement team before they could become replacements... I might have even placed higher than 4th!

I would participate in a Project Runway Pool, however it never airs in Canada until after it's completed in the US. Same thing with Top Chef.

+ Reply to Thread