• 1 Post By Fanny Mare

Thread: Mona & Beth - TAR 22

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Mona & Beth - TAR 22

Name: Mona Egender

Hometown: Castle Pines, Colo.

Connection to your teammate: Roller Derby Moms/Friends

Current occupation: Mom and Captioner

Describe what you do: Run and care for a household of three kids. Provide real-time captioning and transcription services for the hard of hearing community and/or government, universities, business and other such entities.

3 words to describe you: Competitive, tenacious and dependable.

Favorite hobbies: Roller derby/skating, snowboarding, hiking, exercising and yoga.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making 5280 Fight Club (my derby team) at my first tryout and beating Gotham at the Banked Track Invitational.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Gabrielle Reece

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Hope Solo for her stoicism and competitiveness and Sandra Bullock for her effortless humor and charm.

What scares you most about traveling? The language barrier and cultural differences.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and experiencing new cultures, trying new things and stepping out of my comfort zone.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I think the biggest challenge will be admitting when we need help. We are both independent and strong-willed.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Beth tends to not always state her true feelings during team meetings. She also hates asking for help.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy, because I have family there. Plus, there’s so much history and heritage. I love the language, lifestyle, architecture, romanticism and food of Italy.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Some spectacular memories and a new outlook on the world/life. Also, to strengthen my bond with Beth.

Name: Beth Bandimere

Hometown: Arvada, Colorado

Connection to your teammate: Roller Derby Moms/Friends

Current occupation:I work in the Internet Department at FirstBank of Colorado.

Describe what you do: I provide tech support for customers using our website. I also perform various product testing projects and administrative duties.

3 words to describe you: Adventurous, outgoing and competitive.

Favorite hobbies: Roller derby, boating and gardening.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Becoming a semi-professional athlete at age 35 while raising three kids.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Lindsey Vonn. She’s a great athlete and competitor.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Gabby Reece. She’s beautiful and totally kicks ass!

What scares you most about traveling? Getting lost.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and doing things I would never have an opportunity to do in Colorado.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I don’t foresee any major challenges. We really don’t have any “issues” that ever come up. We are really in tune on the track. It will be interesting to see how that translates to the Race.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes she won’t ask for help because she doesn’t want to look like she’s weak.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy, because that is where my family is from.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? An experience of a lifetime!

The Amazing Race Cast: Mona & Beth

Re: Mona & Beth - TAR 22

At first glance, I like them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This could definitely be a cool team to watch.

I have those same purple shoes!! Love them.

I love the roller-derby!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I love the roller-derby!
    So far these two are my faves!
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread