Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Whine-ona is no favorite of mine!
    She isn't mine either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Re: Max & Katie - TAR 22

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Last week Katie said her bushmen stink... This week it was Wynona who said that all of Africa smells! You don't hear any comments on that because Wynona is a favorite.

I don't mind these two... They speak their minds and are okay with who they are. I can respect that.
    I think the difference is that Katie was speaking very specifically about the bushmen, Wy was speaking of the country having a definite smell. While I get your point, these are not quite the same. I have been to places that had very definite smells and I may have even commented on it, but I would be much more reticent when making comments about the people themselves, especially when it should be obvious that there might be an issue.

I don't think there are many people here who has Wy as a favorite so that is not the issue. Katie is just nasty.
    AZChristian likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Can't you imagine how much Katie enjoyed giving those bushmen a ride in their car? I bet she was wishing for one of those Febreze car fresheners. And I'm glad she didn't have one. Welcome to the real world, Katie. Not everyone has mommy and daddy pay for their education so they can be a filthy rich pharmacist.

IMO, having money doesn't make you a worthy person. Pretty is just on the outside; ugly goes all the way to the bones.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I think the difference is that Katie was speaking very specifically about the bushmen, Wy was speaking of the country having a definite smell. While I get your point, these are not quite the same. I have been to places that had very definite smells and I may have even commented on it, but I would be much more reticent when making comments about the people themselves, especially when it should be obvious that there might be an issue.

I don't think there are many people here who has Wy as a favorite so that is not the issue. Katie is just nasty.
    That's how I viewed it too. I don't really care for Wynona but I didn't have a problem with what she said but I did with what Katie said. Katie mentioned the people. I can understand Wynona's comment. I live in the city - not even in a huge city but big enough and that's where I generally spend my time. If I travel to the rural areas I might comment on the smell because I'm not used to it. Animals smell, and the racers were out in the open air surrounded by wildlife. If I think it in farm lands in our country I don't have a problem with her noticing it in a different county. I went to college for a year in farmland. Waking up and walking to breakfast with animal poo wafting through the air took some getting used to for this city girl. It didn't mean I thought the farmers were stinky.

Katie's comment however was another thing in my opinion. It was quite derogatory to the bushmen.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

IMO, having money doesn't make you a worthy person. Pretty is just on the outside; ugly goes all the way to the bones.
    Absolutely agree wIth this. It's sad that many people feel that way. And when someone is ugly on the inside, they don't appear as attractive (at least to me)
    AZChristian likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone ever smelled the French Quarter in New Orleans?? Good Golly Miss Molly!!!! Major Gross!!!!
    holly71 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone ever smelled the French Quarter in New Orleans?? Good Golly Miss Molly!!!! Major Gross!!!!
    Yes, it smells like piss & vomit. Add to that the humidity there, the stench is multiplied by 10.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Yes. Not unlike Paris in the summer. Paris is maybe a little lighter on the vomit and heavier on the cigarette smoke smell though.

Yes, it smells like piss & vomit. Add to that the humidity there, the stench is multiplied by 10.
    I've never been so I was guessing cheap perfume and sex.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And that's even AFTER they wash the streets down at the end of the night!
    holly71 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345