holly71 and jucamer like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

"Evil gays"? How immature.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't think it matters. I'm not gay, and I'd be offended enough to tell the Twinnies to watch their mouths at this point. I've seen enough people hurt by those kinds of remarks to not want to hear them myself, even if they don't refer to me personally.
    I'm curious about whether they know because the other teams refer to them as the Beekmans, but those disgusting siblings always, always, always call them "the gays", and with a soupcon of disgust. It makes me think that they might be bigots.
    captain and jucamer like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

My gay friends don't mind being called gay or gays. Twins, black guys, white chicks, old lady, truckers, it is a quick identifier.

FORT Fogey

Chippies in first and they each win a car--so James' mom won't have to walk to work anymore. It really is nice of him to think of giving the car to his mom.

T/L in too. Now if the Beekmans can just beat the Twinnies to the mat....

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    My gay friends don't mind being called gay or gays. Twins, black guys, white chicks, old lady, truckers, it is a quick identifier.
    How about evil gays? I think they are the most vile couple ever on this show. Looks like they will be in the F3

Spectacular. The stupid twins finish ahead of the Beekmans in the caves, so I'm sure we'll be treated to their hollering for another hour.
    jucamer likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

I think it's the attitude of the twins that I find bothersome. It's one thing to call a friend "the gay guy." In that case, he knows it's not being said in a way that's meant to be demeaning. It's another to call someone you're expressed an active dislike for that and to behave as if it's a larger embarrassment to be beaten by them because they're gay or to assume certain things about someone you don't know well because he/she is black or gay or female or whatever. The Twinnies have done that both this week and last week. And really, would they appreciate it if other racers assumed things about them because they're, as they've put it, "brownies"? Or felt it was more humiliating to be beaten by them because of their race or their gender?

And the stupid, shrieking, infernal Twinnies get out of the caves first. May they have the flat tire they were wishing on the Beekman boys.

Why do I get the feeling that if the Twinnies start racing for the finish line and appear to be able to come in first that for the first time in AR history, some of the other teams--who've now had a chance to watch the show--might try and trip them?
    CupidGuest, jucamer and Babbred like this.

The word gay is not in itself pejorative, but the way it is wielded can be. And since everyone else is identifying them in another manner that everyone seem to understand, it doesn't really seem necessary to continually identify them by their orientation. If they were a pair of black goat farmers and six teams referred to them as "the Beekmans", one team referred to them as "the blacks", I would still be questioning their take on things.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I could use many additives for the Beekmans - slow, thoughtful, soft, not-competitive - but not EVIL. I don't think they stole anyone's money...C'mon boys, beat those evil Twinnies!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Closed Thread