Closed Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

I did cheer though when Josh and Brent ran in first, mostly because I knew it would make the twins' jaws hit the floor, and sure enough the one closest to the stage was dumbstruck.

Good for them, though. To never win a leg and then win the last and most important one? That's certainly the one that counts. I think turning the flag challenge from a language challenge to a math challenge was very, very smart. I didn't like the way they bickered with each other, but I was glad to see them prove their naysayers wrong. I didn't like some of the times they didn't seem to hustle, but the certainly did at the end and it paid off for them.

Still love my Chippies. Smiling and fun right to the end. They are great, great guys. Hope if there is an all stars they are able to come back.
    waywyrd and Florimel like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The guys "own" their bickering . . . As I said upthread part of the motto on their t-shirts at their website is "Veni, Vidi, Bicker." (I came, I saw, I bickered.) And they're laughing about it all the way to the bank. There were times when their "I can't do it" mantra was annoying, but I rejoiced to see them persevere over the clique (even though I did love the Chippies).
    holly71, redsox girl and Photobabe like this.

At the beginning of the show, I, too, didn't want the Beekman's to win. However, like the Monster Truck guy, they totally turned me around to their side by the end. After the other teams tried to give them hell, they refused to feel sorry for themselves but rose to the challenge and pulled out all the stops. Kudos to them for pulling it out.

And yeah, it kind of sucked that they didn't win any legs, but there's an old saying in British soccer. "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good." No, they weren't very physical, but they did well enough to survive, and it was their good luck that the final task involved logic. It may not have been the finish many people wanted, but just like a sports team scoring a last-minute goal to pull out the win, that's how the game goes. I also wanted Chips to win, but at least the Beekmans had a clean race and didn't engage in the despicable behavior that the Twins and Texas did. Just imagining the Twins having to stand there and watch the Farmers "steal" their money made it worthwhile to me. Also glad Texas got to watch the Farmers race off and collect the prize that they had plotted and schemed so hard to get.

Chips...Chips...Chips. I love you guys, but you also disappointed me so much. Sitting there on the flippin' plane, smiling, while the Twins didn't even bother to hide their dislike of the Farmers who stood just a few feet away? I actually felt ill watching that whole scene. And what the heck was up with all that racing together? Count me as another one who is glad to see this season end, because I got irritated week after week seeing these teams treat the Race like a birthday scavenger hunt. Next season I hope they will find some racers who want to compete and not be each other's best buds. (And BTW, I loved the Beekman's comments throughout this episode. That one about "Notice how the alliance has fallen apart now that the Twins are off doing the Speed Bump" was brilliant.)

Just a quick note: growing up, I lived in a small town in Texas. Once the headline in our local paper was "Smith Family Mows Their Lawn." So I think it would be wonderful if the racers had to go to my hometown and get driven up the wall by the locals. At least they couldn't blame the language barrier.
    holly71 and AZChristian like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

If anyone's interested, the Beekmans will be on The Talk tomorrow.

Also, the second and third place teams get $25,000 and $10,000 respectively. Quite a come down from $1,000,000, of course, but both the Chips and T/L also won some nice prizes along the way, and the Chips made a positive enough impression that they may be able to get some additional appearance fees etc. with their new found fame. And I'm sure their families are proud of them, which is an additional plus.
    waywyrd likes this.

This quote explains exactly why I enjoyed the Chips so much this season. I really would have loved to race with them, because I believe they really did have the very best time doing it. For anyone fortunate enough to be on this show and experience the race, I would hope they would see it the same way.

"For us, even when we had the worst day ever, we were dying laughing, saying, 'What an amazing adventure we had today."
    Losing "The Amazing Race" doesn't dim enthusiasm of Chippendales Jaymes and James - CBS News
    holly71, Florimel and TripleGemini like this.

FORT Fan

The Chips were also my pick to win, but I'm very satisfied with the Beekmans winning. They bickered yeah, but I didn't mind their bickering, unlike past couples such as Colin/Christie. They seemed to move past their fights pretty quickly. And I didn't mind their defeatist attitude at points either, because I'd probably be pretty low if I was a full day behind other teams for several legs. But they did well when it counted, so they deserved the win.

I'm sure the UN building has tours, it was probably just a matter of something that they boys never got around to doing while they lived in the city. I grew up in Atlanta, and I've never been in the CNN building or World of Coke. I've lived in Nashville, and I know people that have never been to the Parthenon or Tootsies. There's always landmarks and tourist attractions that locals never make it around to because they put it off thinking they'll see it one day. I guess the Beekmans just never took a tour because they assumed they'd always be living in the city
    holly71 and Babbred like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Also, the second and third place teams get $25,000 and $10,000 respectively.
    So if the "take" from Bangladesh was split evenly, Trey and Lexie ended up with a total of $10,050 as a team.

Just finally got to watch the finale last night. Don't have time to read any comments right now, but I will later today.

Just want to say Hurray for the Beekmans! Even though I was rooting for the Chippies, it was fantastic to see an underdog (to the extreme, I might add!) win the race! What was even better was that the Twinnies & Team Texas came thisclose & went out at 4th & 3rd, respectively.
    That Karma...yes she will always come back to get ya! We had to wait until the finale to see her show her teeth, but she did!

It ain't over till it's over, & this season was real proof of that!
    Very satisfying ending, I must say. Probably one of the best ever out of all the reality competition shows that I watch (AR, Survivor, & BB)
    AZChristian, Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

If the Beekmans had been a m/f couple and the husband spoke to the wife the way the dark haired one spoke to his partner would it still be only bickering or would it be disrespect?
    NCLurker likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I would like Ford to put the Chippendales in a commercial for the all new reconfigured Ford Escape with eco boost and kick door. With Mike Rowe. Yep, I would probably watch that commercial all day long. ;-)

Closed Thread