Closed Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

What a disappointing finish. The Beekmans were so 'done' so many times, their win seemed completely random to me. If there had been one more challenge, they would have been at the bottom again. The final challenge just happened to be suited to them. I don't think they were the best racers. I mean, good for them they won, I hope they do good things with their winnings, it's just a very 'meh' win to me. I liked all three of the other final four couples better.
    Minney, Shoepie, mesachick and 1 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm putting a Beekman Boys t-shirt on my Christmas wishlist. "If I'm still standing, I'm still in the game." (Also, "Veni - Vidi - Bicker")

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I was firmly team Chip and Dale. I hate the way the dark haired Beekman speaks to his partner. I also hate the fact that they had a reality show and act like they have pulled themselves up by their boot straps to live their dream. Lots of people don't get any help at all to do what they want in life and have to go to work every day at a job they hate just to pay the bills. Bitter and jealous of me, maybe but don't give me a hard luck story when you are living the dream.
    Agreed. How many times did we have to hear that story
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I was firmly team Chip and Dale. I hate the way the dark haired Beekman speaks to his partner. I also hate the fact that they had a reality show and act like they have pulled themselves up by their boot straps to live their dream. Lots of people don't get any help at all to do what they want in life and have to go to work every day at a job they hate just to pay the bills. Bitter and jealous of me, maybe but don't give me a hard luck story when you are living the dream.
    Yep! That's me, alright!

If I wasn't so chicken, I would go on The Amazing Race but I don't think I'd have any chance of winning so I guess I'll keep my stupid job and try not to complain too much.

FORT Regular

"Thank goodness this loser season is over."

Funny how people like different things about the same show. This was one of my favorite seasons ever! I looked forward to it every week. I'm just SOOO glad Texas didn't win! I couldn't stand them from the beginning. The naive, country, religious thing just always annoys me. And crying every time there is a bit of stress drives me crazy! I was pulling for the Chippendales the past few weeks, but when I saw how disgusting the twins were talking about the Beekman boys, I started pulling for them. Just calling them "the gays". and saying they were taking up a spot from a team that really deserved to be there pissed me off! Why did they twins deserve to be there, but the Beekmans didn't? They had to accomplish the same tasks as everyone else. The only reason I can think of is that they stereotyped the gay guys as weak and undeserving. Wonder how they would like someone stereotyping them because of their Sri Lankan background? So they are the reason I started pulling for the Beekmans. I wanted them to prove those disgusting twins wrong...mission accomplished!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think they both are.
    No, I believe that one is gay and one is straight.
    holly71 and NCLurker like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    What a disappointing finish. The Beekmans were so 'done' so many times, their win seemed completely random to me. If there had been one more challenge, they would have been at the bottom again. The final challenge just happened to be suited to them. I don't think they were the best racers. I mean, good for them they won, I hope they do good things with their winnings, it's just a very 'meh' win to me. I liked all three of the other final four couples better.
    I totally agree! The Beekmans and their give up attitude a few times, plus the sour disposition of the tall one for the majority of the race, made me unhappy with their win. I was team Chippies from the get go. At least the "Twinnies" didn't win at least.

On the Chip team - the blond James is gay, and the dark haired one is straight. Love them both!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Absolutely... Positively... WITHOUT A DOUBT.... the most disappointing finish!!!!!

I was screaming at my TV...... WHY are all these teams playing WITH each other. Helping each other???? Its a game that only ONE team will win.

I can't believe it... that a team that came in last almost every race... bad attitude... always giving up... unless another team helped... won the game. What a joke!

I just didn't want the twins to win... so that was a positive. WOW... of the entire season and cast... that is the only positive thing I can think of.

Oh and like usual.. Phil looked sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think they both are.
    One is gay one is straight (the Chippendales, and I think the odd spelled Jaymes is the gay one). That said, I think both would've been mad if they overheard the twinnies say the derisive gay comments.
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm always astonished at people that are afraid of water or heights or small spaces going on AR and not expecting that they're going to have to confront those fears. Have they never seen the show?

They aren't giving them any instructions on how to do this? Yikes. Do they have a time limit on this? I'd think hanging upside down like that could be really difficult if it took you a long time to get through the task.
    This is one time I can understand the acrophobia - you are in a straight jacket with a bungee cord tied to your ankles. You have ZERO chance of protecting yourself or catching yourself on your harness or a rope if something failed in the bindings.

Closed Thread