Closed Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

CCL

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Remember, I was born and bred in NYC - I would love to see them try and go to South Dakota - they should do an 'USA' version.
    The family version of TAR was mostly done in the US and it was rather boring. It's more exciting when they have to go to foreign locales and interact with different cultures. Though I wouldn't mind a leg set in small-town America.

I really wanted the Chips to win. I didn't really like the smaller Beekman (he harped a lot) and the bigger one was defeatist a lot throughout the race. The twins were in ugly form at the beginning of the race, even worse than usual. I wanted them in the top 3 (over the Beekmans) before but I was glad they were eliminated instead. And at least the teams stopped racing together.

The Chips didn't know the UN symbol either (as with Trey and Lexie). It always surprises me what people don't know. But, then, there's a lot of stuff I don't know - not a practical/handy woman person - either.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by susanr342 View Post
    I wish they would do a reunion show for TAR.
    If ever there was a season that cried out for a reunion show, it's this one.

BTW, in the ET interview I read, the Beekman boys pointed out that in the very first leg of the race, they were the first ones off the bridge and that they like to joke that it was the only time they had the lead for the whole race (until the end, of course, but they probably couldn't say that in the interview). They also said that Monster Truck guy was really nice about letting them know how much they'd changed his perception of gay guys and strengthened his own relationship with his wife. Maybe he's a nicer guy off the race than he was on it.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have a small town for you.....where is the largest hand dug well located?
    Had to Google - Greensburg, Kansas
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm disappointed that the Beekman's won. Oh, well. I guess better them than the Twinnies. I was really rooting for the Chippendales, though. Too bad they took so long finding the sign at Coney Island.

I had to roll my eyes at Lexi not knowing Hello and Goodbye in French. You don't have to take a French class to know those!! It's used in so many movies, tv shows, etc. Even in Saturday cartoons it comes up! All I ever needed to learn in French, I learned from Pepe LePew.

Thank goodness this loser season is over. I hope future seasons don't have so many teams helping each other. Let's get more competitive teams!!!!!!
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Once they found the AL marker, they then could go down the street and try to eat their way through Mader's menu. Or identify spices by smell only in the Spice House. Or they could have to figure out that the Safe House is actually a spy-themed restaurant.
    Or learn to ride a Harley at the Harley Davidson Museum
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Or learn to ride a Harley at the Harley Davidson Museum
    I'm not sure what they could do at the Pabst Theater, but I really liked the tour there I know the perfect obscure clue for it, though: Find where Tib and Betsy went to the operetta. Unless you're a big Maud Hart Lovelace fan, you're not going to get that--and she's a Minnesota writer, so the locals wouldn't be much help.

Had to Google - Greensburg, Kansas
    Small town? Smallest one I covered when I was a reporter was Tehama, CA. Little City of Big Trees. Population about 418 as of 2010.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    The family version of TAR was mostly done in the US and it was rather boring. It's more exciting when they have to go to foreign locales and interact with different cultures. Though I wouldn't mind a leg set in small-town America.

I really wanted the Chips to win. I didn't really like the smaller Beekman (he harped a lot) and the bigger one was defeatist a lot throughout the race. The twins were in ugly form at the beginning of the race, even worse than usual. I wanted them in the top 3 (over the Beekmans) before but I was glad they were eliminated instead. And at least the teams stopped racing together.

The Chips didn't know the UN symbol either (as with Trey and Lexie). It always surprises me what people don't know. But, then, there's a lot of stuff I don't know - not a practical/handy woman person - either.
    I think that one of the things that was particularly interesting about this season was watching the way people reacted to setbacks. I found A/R much more likable once they were suddenly far, far behind everyone else. They and the Beekman boys handled that better than I would have. Conversely, the Twinnies were more vile tonight, I think, because they're so competitive that they really, really can't stand to lose, especially to a team they viewed as weak without acknowledging that they were not weak in some respects--they were very good at applying logic to tasks, which is how they got the dog food done so quickly. They figured out it was smarter to go with cuts of meat that didn't require any deboning. And Josh decided to turn the flag task at the end into a math problem and work out how many possible combinations he had left instead of trying to figure out the languages when he was stymied by that. And Lexy just fell apart and started weeping about how the whole task was beyond her control, when, truthfully, all tasks are to some extent. I also thought the Rockers were a lot more composed about their setbacks than I would have been (and did meanly think of them when Lexy was crying, as T/L and the Twinnies tried to put that task beyond the Rockers control and they handled it anyway).
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Small town? Smallest one I covered when I was a reporter was Tehama, CA. Little City of Big Trees. Population about 418 as of 2010.
    According to the 2010 census, White Rock and Hillsview SD both had a population of three. Let the AR teams even try to find them.

Trivia: Rand McNally left both Dakotas and the panhandle of Oklahoma out of their 1990 atlas and later claimed it was due to a lack of space to include them.
    CupidGuest, Allie and Babbred like this.

And meet all 3 people!
    CupidGuest likes this.
    - Virginia Woolf

Closed Thread